Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bake
Recently I made a Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake that was so easy yet so decadent and I couldn’t get it out of my mind. So I pumpkin-ized it.
The soft and gooey factor of a Cinnabon but with pumpkin flavor and flooded with icing. No complaints here.
The recipe is easy, ready in 40 minutes, and you don’t even have to make scratch cinnamon roll dough. I’m not always ambitious enough to make scratch pumpkin cinnamon rolls so this recipe is perfect.
I used two tubes of refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, chopped it into pieces, poured a pumpkin mixture over the top, baked, and drizzled with icing.
Every bite tastes like the coveted center-bite of a cinnamon roll. Pumpkin keeps baked goods moist and it’s a miracle worker here because the rolls are incredibly tender and juicy. Cinnamon rolls aren’t worth the calories if they’re dry and there’s no chance of that with these.
The recipe is great for lazy weekend breakfasts, impromptu company, or a special holiday brunch or event. The pumpkin flavor is on the mild side which is nice if you’re serving this to a mixed group where not everyone love-loves pumpkin.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bake
The cinnamon rolls have the soft and gooey factor of a Cinnabon but with rich pumpkin flavor and plenty of icing. The recipe is easy, ready in 40 minutes, and you don’t even have to make scratch cinnamon roll dough. Every bite tastes like the coveted center-bite of a cinnamon roll. Pumpkin keeps baked goods moist and it's a miracle worker here because the rolls are incredibly tender and juicy. The recipe is perfect for lazy weekend breakfasts, impromptu company, or a special holiday brunch or event.
Yield: one 9x9-inch pan, serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 40 minutes
Total Time: about 1 hour, for cooling
- two 8-count tubes refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, with icing (I used Pillsbury Cinnabon Reduced Fat)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to tase
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9x9-inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut the cinnamon roll dough into 3 even strips, then cut those strips into 3 pieces, making 9 pieces total per cinnamon roll. Scatter in prepared pan, separating the pieces from one another because they stick together if you slice them in stacks; set pan and the icing from the packaging aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and whisk until smooth.
- Evenly pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Evenly drizzle the icing. If the icing is cold, heating it in the microwave for 10 seconds will make drizzling easier.
- Place pan on a baking sheet (insurance against overflow and highly recommended) and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top is set in the center and lightly golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack to cool momentarily while you make the frosting.
- To a medium bowl, add the confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons cream or milk, and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Evenly drizzle the frosting over the rolls and optionally serve with ice cream or whipped topping. Serve immediately. Cinnamon rolls are best warm and fresh but will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days.
Adapted from Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
My FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES on my blog!
My cookbook, Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and there are over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon to check it out!
The Best Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – Super soft, fluffy, and topped with a cream cheese glaze! Move over Cinnabon, these are better!
Overnight Buttermilk Soft and Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls – For soft, fluffy, pillowy, perfect cinnamon rolls when you need a larger batch, it’s my go-to. Readers who’ve tried it write with high praise and success!
Nutella Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Glaze (Shortcut Recipe) – A can of crescent rolls never tasted so good as when they’re stuffed with Nutella and rolled up. Ready from start to finish in 15 minutes!
One-Hour Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting – Make soft, light, fluffy cinnamon rolls from scratch in 1 hour!
Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake – Easy and the best pumpkin cake! Two kinds of caramel sauce, toffee bits, chocolate chips, whipped topping and more!
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins – Soft little muffins that pack a big punch of pumpkin flavor! Mini food just tastes better!
Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Easy, no mixer recipe for the softest, moistest, most adorable little muffins! Rich pumpkin flavor and chocolate in every bite!
Oatmeal To-Go Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Like having a bowl of warm pumpkin oatmeal in portable muffin form! Fast and easy!
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft and are like biting into a piece of rich pumpkin fudge! Loaded with chocolate and crazy good!
The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Ganache – One of my all-time favorite cakes, EVER! This is a must-make that everyone loves!
The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – Super soft, moist, rich pumpkin flavor, and loaded with chocolate chips! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s the BEST!
Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread – Pumpkin bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!