Peanut Butter Blossoms
This is such a classic recipe especially around the holidays.
So now I’ve changed that.
And in case you’re noticing the tiny flecks in them, they’re flecks of vanilla bean from the vanilla I used. I could bathe in vanilla.
I used the same base I used here because the cookies are perfectly soft yet have enough chewiness to satisfy without being crunchy or crumbly. Don’t overbake them. Err on the side of pale, glossy, and underdone looking if you’re in doubt and they’ll stay soft for days.
For me there’s nothing worse than a cookie exchange and ending up with a dozen crunchy peanut butter blossoms. These aren’t crunchy and that’s a holiday blessing.
The chocolate Kiss on top is classic and reminds me of baking holiday cookies with my grandma when I was growing up.
We hardly had enough Kisses in the bag to top all the cookies after I got done unwrapping and sneaking just a few.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
This is such a classic recipe especially around the holidays. The cookies are perfectly soft yet have enough chewiness to satisfy without being crunchy or crumbly and stay soft for days. The chocolate Kiss on top is classic and reminds me of baking holiday cookies with my grandma.
Yield: about 22 medium cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 8 to 11 minutes
Total Time: 3+ hours, for chilling
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1/3 cup for rolling, optional
- heaping 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (something like Skippy or Jif works best, don't use a 'natural' peanut butter than separates)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- about 22 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large bowl and electric hand mixer), add the egg, butter, brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the peanut butter, vanilla, and mix on medium-high speed until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, baking soda, salt, and mix on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute; don't overmix.
- Using a two-tablespoon cookie scoop form approximately 22 equal-sized mounds of dough.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray.
- Optionally (but recommended) add 1/3 cup sugar to shallow bowl and roll dough mounds through sugar.
- Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 8 to 11 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don't overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don't use a rack.
- Immediately place one Kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly so the edges crack a bit if desired.
- Allow cookies to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving, or until chocolate has had time to set up and has 'glued' onto the cookie.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Adapted from Peter Pan Neverland Cookies
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Reese’s Pieces Soft Peanut Butter Cookies – Peanut butter lovers’ will go nuts for these super soft cookies loaded with Reese’s Pieces and chocolate!
Peter Pan Neverland Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chips! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is irresistible!
The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies – Soft, chewy and they’ll be your new fave PB cookies! One bowl, no mixer, no butter, naturally gluten-free! Love it when something so easy tastes so amazing!
Big Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies – Super chewy, packed with PB flavor and just made for breaking apart at the crinkly seams!
Easy 4-Ingredient Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies – Soft, chewy, and made with an ingredient you’d never guess! It works and they’re perfect!!
Inside-Of-A-Peanut-Butter-Cup Cookies – Soft cookies that taste like the inside of peanut butter cups thanks to a special ingredient!
Soft and Chewy Triple Peanut Butter Cookies – PB is used 3 different ways in these melt-in-your mouth cookies! Batch size of just 8 cookies when you don’t ‘need’ dozens laying around!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast & easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways!
Soft and Chewy Toffee and Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (GF) – No butter and no flour used, super soft and chewy!
Trail Mix Peanut Butter Cookies – (GF) – NO Butter & NO Flour in these healthier cookies with trail mix baked right in!
Soft and Puffy Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Cookies – NO Butter and NO White Sugar used in these soft, puffy cookies that are bursting with peanut butter flavor. If you’ve wanted to start baking with coconut oil, these are so easy!
Thick and Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (GF) – NO butter & NO flour used in these thick cookies that taste like peanut butter brownies!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – 3 favorite cookies combined into 1 so you don’t have to choose!! Easy, no-mixer recipe, and always a hit!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies – Combining 3 favorite cookies into one so you don’t have to choose which to make! Easy, no-mixer dough!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Chewy, filled with texture, and combines three of my favorite cookies in one! No mixer required!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookie Cups – Two kinds of PB in an extra-thick, soft, and chewy cookie!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cups – Have problems with cookies spreading? It’s impossible with these easy, no-mixer, goofproof peanut butter cookies baked in a muffin tin! The peanut butter cups make them so irresistible!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups – Supremely soft cookies and impossible to spread or goof up! Ready in 20 minutes!