Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
Between holiday parties, game day parties, or as an easy weeknight dinner option it’s not shocking why they’re popular.
Since pizza seems to be a universal favorite it was an easy decision to make pepperoni pizza sliders and my family raved about them. They said it’s the best thing I’ve ever made in the history of my 8+ years blogging.
It’s bittersweet that something so easy and that’s ready in 15 minutes gets the highest compliment of all.
You can doctor the sliders up with cooked bacon, sausage, or your other pizza fixing favorites. I kept these basic since my family appreciates basic when it comes to pizza.
Hawaiian bread is one of my all-time favorite kinds of bread and it’s absolutely perfect for the sliders. You could use regular dinner rolls if you’re in a pinch but the Hawaiian bread stays soft and tender in the interior and the base of the sliders have an ever-so-slight crispiness from the buttery mixture that drips down during baking.
Melted butter is spiked with onion, oregano, and garlic to deliver classic pizza flavoring.
Throw in Parmesan and loads of melted mozzarella cheese and you’ll be in gooey, cheesy, buttery fingers heaven.
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
The sliders are a cinch to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. You can doctor them up with cooked bacon, sausage, or your other pizza fixing favorites. Hawaiian bread is perfect for the sliders and stays soft and tender in the interior and the base of the sliders have an ever-so-slight crispiness from the buttery mixture that drips down during baking. Melted butter is spiked with onion, oregano, and garlic to deliver classic pizza flavoring. Throw in Parmesan and loads of melted mozzarella cheese and you'll be in gooey, cheesy heaven.
Yield: 12 sliders
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 12 to 15 minutes
Total Time: about 30 minutes
- one 12-count package Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half (see directions for more details)
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- about 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- one 5-ounce package mini pepperoni (regular size may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnishing to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf or regular parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a 'slab' of tops and a 'slab' of bottoms; don't pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected. Place the bottom 'slab' of rolls in prepared pan.
- Evenly add the pizza sauce to the bottom slab of rolls.
- Evenly sprinkle with about 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese; set remainder aside.
- Evenly layer the pepperoni over the cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Add the top 'slab' of rolls; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion, 1 to 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour or spoon the butter mixture over the rolls. Use a spatula or spoon to spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to stand at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for about 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Evenly garnish with Parmesan cheese to taste and optional parsley. Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. Sliders are best warm and fresh.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping! Fast, easy, and a party favorite!
Ranch Chicken and Swiss Sliders – Tender chicken coated in ranch, nestled in soft rolls with Swiss and a buttery Dijon topping! Fast, easy, and everyone loves them! Perfect for parties, game days, and snacks!
Beer and Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Sliders – Chicken is cooked with beer and bourbon before being soaked in bbq sauce! So juicy, flavorful, easy, and ready in 25 minutes!
Caramelized Onion and Portobello Mushroom Sliders with Fry Sauce – Meatless comfort food at its finest! Hearty, satisfying and so good!
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread – Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with cheese! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes! A hit with everyone!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Easy Pizza Bake – Skip takeout and make your own warm and cheesy deep dish pizza bake! Fast, easy, and ready in 30 minutes! It’s a keeper everyone loves!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!