If you’re an almond fan, these are your new favorite bars because they’re used twice.
Hopefully you also like chocolate and caramel on top of a buttery shortbread crust.
It’s a fast, easy, no-mixer recipe, and after baking the crust briefly, the remaining ingredients are simply drizzled or sprinkled on. Love the ease factor.
The bars have so much texture in every bite starting from the crisp shortbread, gooey salted caramel, and both whole and sliced almonds for crunch.
I used Fisher Almonds which are perfect for baking because there’s no added salt or oil.
I used storebought salted caramel to save time but you can make your own.
The bars are great when you need a quick and easy dessert for an event, party, or just happen to have a craving for chocolate and caramel and don’t want to make anything fussy. That happens to me quite a bit.
My family adores almonds and the bars were an instant hit.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- Preheat oven to 35oF. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Crust – To a large bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, and cut in the butter using two forks or a pastry cutter. Keep working until butter is evenly distributed and pea-sized lumps and sandy bits form. The softer the butter is, the quicker and easier it is.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan and hardpack it with a spatula or hands to form a smooth, even crust. Pierce in about one dozen places with fork tines so steam can escape while baking. Bake for 17 to 18 minutes, or until crust is just set.
- Toppings – Remove pan from oven and evenly drizzle with caramel sauce. No need to measure, just eyeball it so there’s a thin layer evenly distributed over the pan.
- Evenly sprinkle with whole almonds; set pan aside.
- To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute. Stop to check and stir. Heat in 15-second increments until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Evenly drizzle chocolate over almonds, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula or offset knife.
- Evenly sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 3 hours, or until chocolate has set up fully, before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Crust from Salted Caramel Maple Pecan Pie Bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Salted Caramel Maple Pecan Pie Bars – All the flavor of pecan pie minus the work – so easy!! Salted caramel makes everything better…mmm!!
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars – You’ll never want plain pecan pie again! Caramel and chocolate makes the bars taste amazing!
Almond Cream Cheese Shortbread Bars – Easy, buttery shortbread is topped with cream cheese..mmm! Plus irresistible almond frosting!
The Best Turtle Brownies – Super fudgy and loaded with chocolate, pecans and caramel! So.crazy.good!!!
Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars – My favorite flavors in one easy and very gooey bar!
Homemade Turtles – Fast, easy, no-bake and just 4 ingredients! Chewy, gooey, salty-and-sweet! Homemade always tastes better!
The Best & Easiest Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce – Ready in 15 minutes & tastes 1000x better than any storebought sauce ever could
Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies – Salty-and-sweet with so much crunch from the pretzels!
Carmelitas – For the serious caramel lover, these soft and chewy bars are dripping with caramel and stuffed with chocolate!
Post is brought to you by Fisher. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #ThinkFisher For more spring entertaining inspiration check out these recipes from Chef Alex Guarnaschelli: Arugula and Curried Pecan Salad, Almond and Asparagus Crusted Grouper, Spring Toasted Almond Fruit Salad