Chocolate Chip Cookie Smores Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Smores Bars – Between layers of super soft chocolate chip cookie dough there’s chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs for the most DECADENT smores ever!! So EASY and just 4 main ingredients!!
How To Make The Chocolate Chip Cookie Smores Bars
This recipe is actually a spinoff from a recipe in my first cookbook, Peanut Butter Comfort, on pages 79-81. It’s an incredibly easy recipe, takes advantage of some baking shortcuts, and the way I count things, only has four key ingredients.
If you don’t have these convenience items in your area or aren’t into baking shortcuts, then I recommend making any of my others smores-inspired recipes.
Start by pressing one package of softened prepared chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of a pan.
Add two big Hershey’s bars or your favorite chocolate bars, spread a layer of marshmallow creme, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, and top with another package of softened prepared chocolate chip cookie dough before baking.
That’s it. So easy. And so rich, satisfying, and delicious from the buttery dough, with gooey marshmallow creme oozing out, and loads of chocolate in every bite.
If you can’t decide between chocolate chip cookies or smores, this recipe has you covered on both fronts.
Tips For Success
I recommend lining your pan with a high quality, thick, heavy duty nonstick aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Nothing like trying to scrub off baked-in marshmallow creme remnants from your pan.
Make sure your slabs of cookie dough are nicely softened to room temp. The bottom layer is easy to press into your baking pan.
When adding the top layer, flatter it slightly in the white cardboard piece that it’s packaged with and then plop that on top. If it breaks or rips, smoosh the dough back together the best you can. It will spread/bake into itself in the oven more than likely anyway. This is not a beauty contest.
After baking, make sure you allow the bars to cool sufficiently before slicing them if you want them to stay somewhat neat and intact.
For me, this means planning ahead and making this recipe before bed and allowing the bars to cool overnight in the pan. But if you can’t wait overnight, or even for a few hours for them to cool, you can dig in knowing they will be super messy and could fall apart. But smores are messy after all.
I stuck with two extra-large, classic, all-American Hershey Bars but you can use your favorite chocolate. Two 4.4-ounce Hershey Bars fit perfectly in a 9×9-inch pan.
Above all else, I enjoy this recipe the most when it’s slightly underbaked. In my oven, that’s about 16-17 minutes.
Once the top layer of chocolate chip cookie dough is lightly golden browned, that’s my cue to pull these from the oven and then my patient waiting game begins until I can dive into the most decadent smores ever.
- two 16-ounce packages refrigerated prepared chocolate chip cookie dough, softened to room temp
- two 4.4-ounce extra large chocolate bars, or your favorite chocolate bars
- one 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350F, line a 9x9-inch baking pan with heavy duty nonstick aluminum foil for easier cleanup, spray with cooking spray, and press one of the slabs of cookie dough into the bottom of the pan creating a smooth flat layer.
2. Add the chocolate bars.
3. Add the marshmallow creme and spread it evenly as best you can using a spatula. It's sticky, take your time, and do the best you can.
4. Evenly sprinkle with the graham cracker crumbs.
5. Slightly flatten the second package of cookie dough onto the white carboard insert it comes with using your palm. Transfer it as best you can to the pan. If it breaks, cracks, or rips, smoosh the dough back together with your fingers the best you can. It will likely all spread together while baking.
6. Bake for approximately 16-18 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden browned, or as done as desired. I prefer this recipe slightly underbaked for maximum gooey factor. Allow bars to cool for at least 3 hours, or overnight, in the pan before slicing and serving. Slicing earlier will result in messy bars that may fall apart. Recipe will keep airtight for up to 5 days.
Adapted from Peanut Butter Comfort
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 155mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 28g Protein: 3g
Related Smores Recipes
Smores Bars – SO EASY, NO-BAKE, just FOUR ingredients, and ready in FIVE minutes!! It doesn’t get any better than that and no campfire required! A hit with kids and adults at parties, potlucks, and picnics!!
Soft and Gooey Loaded Smores Bars – Fast, easy, and so good!
Marshmallow Caramel Oreo Cookie S’Mores Bars – No campfire needed for these Smores! Chocolaty with plenty of gooey caramel and marshmallows!
Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars – The layer of chocolate and Cocoa Krispies is one of my favorite things ever!
Soft and Chewy Smores Cookies – Loaded with chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers!! The best smores you’ll ever eat and no campfire required!!
Peanut Butter Smores Cookie Pie – A peanut butter and graham cracker cookie underneath gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate!! You don’t need a campfire for these easy and AMAZING smores! Grab a spoon and dig in!!
Gooey Chocolate Chip and Marshmallow Cookie Pie – The whole pie tastes like the soft, GOOEY, underbaked centers of fresh chocolate chip cookies!! Between the melted chocolate, marshmallows, and big time gooey factor, this pie is PERFECT!!