Easy Chocolate Pots de Crème — No-bake, no-cook, and made in a blender in 5 minutes!! The PERFECT dessert! Rich, decadent, a chocolate lover’s dream, perfect for special occasions, and guaranteed to impress!!
What Are Chocolate Pots de Crème?
If you are looking for easy chocolate desserts AND one that is sure to impress anyone who has the pleasure of trying it, look no further than this extremely simple recipe for chocolate pots de crème.
No-bake, no-cook, made in a blender in five minutes. Yet elegant and extraordinary. The desserts gods are smiling down with this recipe.
Pots de crème are French desserts that mean ‘pot of custard’ or ‘pot of cream’. And in this case, it’s a literal pot of chocolate cream, and oh so good. They are rich, decadent, and a chocolate lover’s dream.
The texture is denser than chocolate mousse or chocolate pudding, both of which are definitely lighter and airier. We are talking the texture and richness of Nutella here.
Even my preteen daughter who has an incredible appetite, especially upon coming home from sports practice, said that one pot is a lot of chocolate and very rich. She ate one and then proceeded to take a nap.
What’s in Chocolate Pots de Crème?
To make this easy no-bake dessert, you’ll need:
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Granulated sugar
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Chocolate shavings, for topping
Can I Make These Dairy-Free?
A few readers have asked about using coconut milk instead of heavy whipping cream to make these pots de crème dairy-free, but I can’t say for sure if that’ll work since I’ve only ever made the recipe as written.
Can I Use Half and Half?
If you’re looking to cut calories by using half and half or another heavy cream substitute, don’t even try! You must use full-fat heavy cream, otherwise the chocolate pots de crème won’t set up.
How to Make Chocolate Pots de Crème
I have seen pot de crème recipes where eggs are involved and you use boiling cream to cook the eggs, but that seems more complicated than necessary. The operative word here is easy.
Simply place chocolate chips, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a high speed blender and blend until you have fine chocolate dust.
Heat a cup of heavy cream in the microwave until it’s just boiling, pour it over the chocolate dust, blend momentarily to incorporate, pour into ramekins and refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and serve.
Can I Make Chocolate Pots de Crème in Advance?
Absolutely! Make them in advance to serve as an elegant desserts after a dinner party or event you’re hosting.
Chocolate pots de crème are the perfect make-ahead dessert that can hang out in the fridge for days before serving them. When you’re having a dinner party or entertaining, anything you can do in advance is always appreciated.
And definitely make this easy chocolate dessert for that special someone for Valentine’s Day and never need to buy a box of chocolates again. These are so much better!
Can I Use a Food Processor?
If you have a blender, I recommend using it to make this no-bake chocolate dessert since that’s what I tested the recipe with. However, a food processor should also work.
Tips for Making Chocolate Pots de Crème
- This is one of those recipes where you really can’t substitute any of the ingredients. If you’re looking for a low-fat dessert, this isn’t it. Don’t even try using anything lighter than heavy whipping cream as anything with less fat won’t set up properly in the fridge.
- Although only two pots are shown in the photos, you could definitely stretch it and make four. I made two because it’s easier to photograph things that are nice and full, but in reality four servings is more appropriate than two.
- For serving the chocolate pot de crème, you could use mini ramekins but mismatched bowls would be cute and so would small glass mason jars.
Pin This Recipe
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream or whipped topping, optional for serving
- chocolate shavings, optional for serving
- To the canister of a high speed blender, add the chocolate chips, sugar, salt, and process on high speed until you have fine chocolate dust; set aside.
- To a microwave-safe glass measuring cup, add the heavy cream and heat on high power until just boiling, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, but check every 15 seconds or so after 1 minute has passed.
- Pour the cream into the blender and process on high speed until smooth.
- Evenly divide the chocolate mixture between 2 to 4 ramekins (read blog post for my commentary), cover, and place ramekins in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Optionally garnish with whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings before serving.
- Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g
More Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
Cabernet Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Ganache And Sea Salt – Now you don’t have to choose between dessert or wine since this is BOTH!! Rich chocolate cake spiked with Cabernet and topped with a silky ganache that also has Cabernet in it! Divine, amazing, MAKE THIS CAKE!!
Triple Chocolate Cherry Cake – An extremely moist, rich cake that’s so easy and studded with cherries! The frosting is silky smooth and a favorite chocolate frosting! A 10 out of 10 showstopper!
The Best Triple Chocolate Layer Cake – Rich, intense, and everything you crave in decadent chocolate cake! Along with tender chocolate cake there’s chocolate cream cheese frosting, chocolate chips, and melted chocolate!
Coca-Cola Cake – One cake of Coke in the cake and another can of Coke in the frosting! Easy no-mixer cake that’s supremely moist! Tastes like a Texas sheet cake spiked with Coke!
The Best Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache – The best chocolate cake I’ve ever had and the easiest scratch cake to make! Nothing fussy or complicated and delivers amazing results every time!
The Best and The Easiest Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes – One bowl, no mixer, so easy! The warm, gooey, fudgy chocolate center is heavenly! Better than any restaurant versions!
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake – Super soft, gooey, rich, and fudgy! The cake makes its own hot fudge sauce while cooking in the slow cooker! The easiest cake you’ll ever make and it tastes amazing!
Turtle Chocolate Poke Cake – The flavor of the famous candy in a decadent chocolate cake with tons of caramel and pecans! Easy, super soft and moist, and a crowd favorite!
Flourless Chocolate Cake – A classy, elegant cake that’s ultra rich, fudgy, and tastes better than what you’d get in a fancy restaurant and it’s so EASY!! Your friends and family will think you slaved over it and be so impressed!!