This post may contain affiliate links.
Flavored Water is so easy to make and helps me stay hydrated during the summer! I’ve shared two of my favorite flavored water recipes in this post — a cucumber water and a berry water — but the flavor options are endless!
My Go-To Flavored Water Recipes
It’s that time of year when hydrating properly and drinking extra water is so important. I’m naturally a water drinker and almost never drink soda or sports drinks, but sometimes jazzing up water with fruit helps it go down easier.
There’s really no wrong way to make flavored water, or spa water as I like to call it because it reminds me of the water I’ve had at fancy spas after a massage on vacation. I made two flavored water recipes here, but the possibilities are endless.
First there’s a berry water with strawberries and blueberries (or try raspberries and blackberries!). Next is a citrus cucumber-infused water with oranges and cucumbers. Lemon works great in this one, too.
You can make a pitcher at a time or do a single serving. For the single serving, I used 8-ounce mason jars and added 1/4 cup berries total, or 6 slices total of oranges and cucumbers. Add as much fruit or vegetables as you want for the flavor intensity you’re going for.
Top off with additional water as many times as possible (usually 2 to 3) until the fruit starts losing its flavor.
Flavored Water Ingredients
For the berry water, you’ll need:
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries
And for the citrus cucumber-infused water, you’ll need:
- Fresh orange
How to Make Flavored Water
For both flavored water recipes, you’ll need to thinly slice the fruit and veggies. Add the fruit to a glass or water bottle and top with water and ice. You can usually squeeze two to three glasses of water out before the fruit starts to lose its flavor. When that happens, eat the fruit and make a new batch of flavored water!
Tips for the Best Flavored Water
When making cucumber water, I like to use a seedless cucumber so that I’m not sucking up tiny seeds while enjoying my flavored water. I also wash the cucumber but don’t peel it — leaving it unpeeled is fine!
For an extra pop of flavor, add a squeeze of lemon or orange juice to your water glass. A little goes a long way, and the fresh citrus juice pairs well with either flavored water recipe.
If you’re taking your flavored water to go, I recommend storing it in a water bottle that has a straw. The straw just makes it a little easier to drink the water, and you won’t have to worry about spilling berries on you when you take a sip.
More Healthy Drink Recipes:
- Kiwi Agua Fresca — Refreshing, healthy, naturally sweet, so easy and ready in 30 seconds! It’ll be your new favorite drink!
- Non-Alcoholic Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz — This non-alcoholic 5-calorie drink is light, zippy, and zingy from the lime in the sparkling water, coupled with the limey flavor in the margarita mix, and from fresh lime slices.
- Homemade Horchata — This creamy, smooth, nourishing & healthy beverage is as easy to make as turning on your blender!
- Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie — This Frozen Fruit Smoothie is packed with berries, strawberry yogurt, and cashew milk. Smoothie recipes with frozen fruit are the best because they don’t need any ice to reach the perfect consistency!
- Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie — This Piña Colada Smoothie requires just four ingredients and is naturally vegan and gluten-free. It makes for a quick breakfast or a delicious poolside treat!
- 2 tablespoons fresh strawberry slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 8 ounces water
- ice, as desired
Citrus Cucumber Water
- 3 thinly sliced orange rounds
- 3 thinly sliced cucumber rounds (I used a seedless cucumber)
- 8 ounces water
- ice, as desired
- For either blend, add the fruit or vegetables to a large glass, cover with water and ice, stir, and serve.
- Top off with additional water as many times as possible (usually 2 to 3) until fruit starts losing its flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.