Chocolate Chip Nutella Bars — Super soft, buttery bars STUFFED with NUTELLA and topped with CHOCOLATE chips! Easy, no mixer recipe that puts a smile on everyone’s face!!
Chocolate Chip Nutella Bars
A few years back I made Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Blondies on a whim. I was traveling and it was an easy recipe to make in a temperamental oven and in a hot and humid climate where running the oven for more than 25 minutes wasn’t happening.
So here we are and I’ve made many other Nutella recipes since then and it’s time for another. Rather than just swirling Nutella into blondies, I straight up stuffed them with it. You can never have too much Nutella.
I used my trusty blondie base. With 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down. It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and 1 cup flour.
Except this time I double the recipe and changed everything to ‘two’ so there’s enough batter for a base layer and a top layer to cover the Nutella sandwiched in between. I topped the blondies with chocolate chips for good measure.
These Nutella bars are super soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and the Nutella in the middle is gooey, decadent, and wonderful. Although they’re not brownies, they have a brownie-like crackly top, which is texture heaven for me.
What’s in Chocolate Chip Nutella Bars?
To make these Nutella chocolate chip blondies, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Nutella Bars
Whisk together the melted butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Turn half the batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Turn the Nutella into the pan and spread into an even layer. Top with remaining batter from bowl.
Top with chocolate chips, then bake.
Can I Double This Recipe?
You likely can double this recipe and bake it in a 9×13-inch pan. Just know that these Nutella chocolate chip blondies are extremely rich, so an 8×8-inch pan goes a long way.
How to Store Nutella Bars
These blondies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Nutella Bars
When adding the Nutella to the pan, I find it spreads out easier when it’s been warmed slightly. To do so, add the Nutella and heat about 10 to 15 seconds in the microwave. Take care not to melt it, just soften it.
You can also microwave the jar of Nutella itself if you’re extra careful to peel away the foil seal.
I’ve only made this recipe with actual Nutella, so I can’t speak to how these bars would turn out using a Nutella alternative from another brand.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- one 13-ounce jar Nutella
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the eggs so you don’t scramble them. Add the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn half the batter out into prepared pan; set remaining batter aside.
- To a medium, microwave-safe bowl add the Nutella and heat to soften, about 10 to 15 seconds on high power. Take care not to melt it, just soften it. Heating makes it easier to spread in step 7. You can also microwave the jar of Nutella itself if you’re extra careful to peel away the foil seal.
- Turn Nutella out into the pan and spread into an even, smooth layer.
- Turn remaining batter out over the Nutella. I find it easiest to add heaping rounded tablespoon-sized blobs and use a spatula to smooth them together.
- Evenly top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake as they taste best when they’re slightly underbaked. A toothpick test is unreliable because you will hit melted Nutella. Blondies firm up as they cool.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving.
Blondies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
More Nutella Recipes:
Soft and Chewy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies — The cookies are pillowy soft in the center, chewy around the edges, and Nutella keeps them super soft and moist.
Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip Blondies – Easy one-bowl, no mixer recipe that’s loaded with peanut butter chips and Nutella! Super soft and gooey!
Fudgy Nutella Triple Chocolate Brownies — NO eggs, NO oil, NO gluten and you’ll never miss them!!! Stuffed with Nutella, chocolate chips, and topped hot fudge! Fast, easy, and tastes amazing!
Nutella Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Glaze — Nutella-stuffed cinnamon rolls that are ridiculously easy thanks to a speedy shortcut! Great for holiday breakfasts and brunches!
Soft & Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies — Thick, rich, chocolaty cookies that are so soft you won’t be able to resist them!