Whirlpool and CES Wrap-Up + $1000 Giveaway
This post may contain affiliate links.
Last week the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) was held in Las Vegas and it’s the largest show of the year.
Whirlpool was at CES and revealed some new, exciting appliances. They design products that fit seamlessly into your life and focus on three pillars: Connection, Expression, and Innovation. Check out my pre-show sneak peak post for more.
There are great videos of all the products at the Whirlpool CES Hub. Watch the videos and see these state-of-the-art appliances in action.
They revealed 4 key new appliances at the show:
1. Interactive Cooktop – When your cooktop can browse the internet and connect with your social network, the kitchen becomes a hub of communication and exploration within the home and beyond. Entertaining is revolutionized when you can plan your dinner party on the same device that cooks the meal.
Invite and monitor your guest list, search for recipes, and make phone calls without leaving your kitchen island or using multiple devices. For now, this is a concept-only product.
2. Designer Duets – Goodbye boring laundry room. Give your laundry a style makeover with the new Duet® Designer Series from Whirlpool® .
Let your personal style shine with a collection of bold and beautiful designs to complement every look. Up your design aesthetic with a laundry pair that’s as fashionable as you with frontloading washers and dryers come in a variety of colors.
Nobody helps you get laundry done faster than Whirlpool so you can focus on the things that matter.
3. CoolVox Refrigerator – Meet the fridge of the future, the new CoolVox™, musically powered by Harman Kardon. This one can. There’s a great video about it here
With the new CoolVox™ sound system refrigerator concept, enabled by Bluetooth® wireless technology and the impeccable sound of Harman Kardon Speakers, you can play music and podcasts through the refrigerator directly from streaming through Bluetooth®-enabled devices, such as your mp3 player, tablet, or computer.
There’s no need for extra wires, cords or speakers because this is all housed within the refrigerator.
4. MaxArt Microwave – Here’s a video about the new microwaves. In a unique showing of how design, art, and appliances can come together to create a functional piece of work representative of culture, Whirlpool® collaborated with two artists in Mexico to turn a daily-used appliance into an object of desire. Local art collective Los Contratistas turned a set of 50 Whirlpool microwaves into a colorful, modular installation representative of Mexican culture using graffiti techniques. The final pieces work together to create a unique take on the modern day appliance, enriched by culture, design and the arts. For now, this is a concept-only product.
This is my final Whirlpool post and what has impressed me most about them is how focused they are on the consumer and believe in a future focused on you.
Their appliances are designed with you in mind and they really want to make your life easier, more streamlined, and efficient. I really appreciate it when a company thinks in this way!
Since Whirlpool 20/20 is all about a future focused on you, we, want to hear your ideas for it. Leave a comment below telling us your idea for the future for your home and be entered to win a $1,000 grand prize.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/2/14 – 1/18/14.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.