Makes It Better

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups make good things even better.

I made brownies similar to Fudgy Nutella Brownies, added some Reese’s Cups, and continued to doctor them up even more.  Suffice to say they’re “pretty good”.

Sunshine and blue skies make a Saturday even better.

And so does time with my family, yoga at home…

…and baking.

However, dirty dishes do not make things better.  Excuse me while I clean up the baking dishes and then start on dinner.  And then the dinner dishes…

It’s a revolving door of dishes, but they were for a very good cause.

What did you do today?

What made your day good?  Or better than good?

Enjoy your Saturday night and the football game tomorrow, if you’re watching it.  I won’t be, but here are 25 Vegetarian Super Bowl Recipes in case you have any last minute needs.

37 Responses to “Makes It Better”

brandi taylor — February 4, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Today ilk made. Some 5 minute Blondie from a blog I found. Did yoga super early then went for a bike ride! Feeling good!

Jenny — February 4, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Dishes are a perfect example of the futility of life! Ha! But luckily we have lots of examples of the beauty in life, too! Those brownies do look “pretty good!” Yum!

Sally — February 4, 2012 at 4:58 pm

guess what averie? i’ve had my eye on those zak confetti mixing bowls for quite some time after seeing them on your blog and i just ordered some today… that made my day great! and yes, reese’s make everything look better. :)

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — February 4, 2012 at 5:23 pm

That first picture…drooooool. :-) Have a great rest of the weekend, girl!

Erica — February 4, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Mmm how good do those reeses cup look?? And yes, nice weather makes all the difference. Today i ran, walked with kay and josh, shopped a bit, baked and went to dinner with friends

Heather (Where's the Beach) — February 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I know I’ve said it before, but I really need to learn to love yoga. Today I hit the gym for cardio since I couldn’t get out and run. Then the rest of the day was spent with friends. I call it a good Saturday.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 5th, 2012 at 1:48 am

you would love it if you could just get to that quiet-mind place. It took me YEARS to get there and now, it’s…the best gift ever :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — February 4, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Do we get to see the brownies that first drool worthy picture went into? ;)
    Today I went to visit my brother and his new fiance, tried on a bridesmaid dress and talked about weddings! fun, fun :) have a great rest of the weekend!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 5th, 2012 at 1:47 am

Yes at some point…it’s like 5 posts away…I am so behind on my photo editing. lol

Joss — February 4, 2012 at 6:30 pm

mmmmm drool that first picture looks amazing!

Hannah — February 4, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Swoooon! I’ll have to get back to Costco to stock up on Reese’s :D

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 5th, 2012 at 1:47 am

I bet they have great prices on a case or two of Reese’s…not that I ‘need’ a case :)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — February 4, 2012 at 7:38 pm

couldn’t agree more with your first line… “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups make good things even better.” aaaand those brownies look incredible. i wouldn’t be able to keep my fingers out of that pan…

Molly — February 4, 2012 at 8:41 pm

i love all your sweets that you make but I’m curious.. what do you do with all of them?! You are very healthy and fit looking so I can’t imagine that you are the one polishing off all the brownies ;)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 5th, 2012 at 1:46 am

We eat them! I don’t throw away food, ever! My husband, daughter, and I..her friends, his coworkers, my friends, trust me, it all gets eaten. No, I don’t eat a whole pan by myself but I am not shy about my desserts, either!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — February 4, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Ugh. How come there is always a load (or five) of dishes to do? They never end!

Sometimes, though, dishes are well worth it. Like that Reese’s cup creation. Totally worth it.

Luv What You Do — February 4, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Good Day= 11 mile run followed by an evening with my closest friends and some delicious food. I heart spinach dip!!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — February 4, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Had a great day today! made wonderful birthday pancakes for my step-daughter, got pedicures, made birthday cupcakes and had Hibachi Grill for dinner. finally had a day where I wasn’t sitting at home!

Alyssa (Down To Earth) — February 5, 2012 at 6:23 am

I read a quote once that was along the lines of “A clean house is a sign of a boring life…”; it made sense to me. So I say, dirty up those dishes and work that creativity! Yesterday, we created a lo mien dish with chili orange-sauced veggies! It got messy, but it’s always worth it :) Have a great weekend!

dragonmamma/naomi — February 5, 2012 at 6:25 am

I want you to come over and clean my floors; they never look that good! While you’re at it, my yoga mat needs a good wipe-down, too, since I take it out to the track for boot-camp and never remember to wipe it down.

Boot-camp was excellent; I was full of fire and *almost* able to keep up with the young Coast Guard studs!

Paula — February 5, 2012 at 6:49 am

Oh those brownies look incredible–I’m sure many of us are anxiously awaiting that post! A good Saturday for me included a productive wt. lifting session, fixing a great dinner, and staying up past my bedtime to see a local band perform.

Christine (The Raw Project) — February 5, 2012 at 8:20 am

So try on Reese, a dangerous thing for us to have with my hubby around. :-P My kitchen has been a disaster zone lately too, starting to feel like I’m always doing dishes and loading the dishwasher lately.

We’re going to a friend’s Superbowl gathering, but I’m looking forward to creating and taking raw vegan dips more than the game. :-)

vanillasugarblog — February 5, 2012 at 8:30 am

love the blue sky!!! thanks girl!

Colleen — February 5, 2012 at 8:43 am

Played tennis for 2 hours this morning. Anything with Reese’s PB Cups is terrific, whatever you made looks heavenly!

Amber K — February 5, 2012 at 10:32 am

I have made the first batch of everything I’m making for the Super Bowl and I already had a full load of dishes. I need to deal with those and then to a second round. Then I actually have to make the rest of the food! It’s definitely a never-ending cycle. But the good food shared with family and friends is totally worth it. Have a great Sunday!

Gena — February 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Yoga at home, in spite of being such a simple thing, also makes me really, really happy. Heartwarming post.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 5th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

And I am so HAPPY for you that you’ve connected with a studio and have yoga friends and a strong community (both on and off the mat) as a result of your practice now in DC.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Mmmmm, peanut butter cups are pretty good!! I haven’t done anything today. Just lounging around :-)

Alexandra Bohannon — February 6, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Oh my goodness, I want your mixing bowls!!