Rainy Day

It’s been a miserable Saturday in terms of weather.

But a delightful one in terms of baking.

Recipe coming up next but it would be like if Magic Eight Bars

and White Chocolate Vanilla Marshmallow Cake Bars….

got married.

It’s a very good marriage.

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

With a smile.

What was the best part of your Saturday? Did you celebrate or go out for St. Paddy’s Day?

The best part of my day was baking. And eating what I made and then hearing the ooh’s and ahh’s from the family. Honestly, if I could just get a, “Wow, Babe, this is really good” or a “Mommy, I LOVE this”, I am extremely happy.

We didn’t go out for Saint Paddy’s Day. The extent of my “going out” was a run earlier in the morning, but midway through the skies opened and I got soaked. Not to mention, it was extremely windy. One of those runs that I was just glad to have end.

And then, the coffee drinking and baking started.

How do you like to spend rainy days?

Winner of the Soyfoods Giveaway announced Sunday

15 Responses to “Rainy Day”

jojo — March 17, 2012 at 7:09 pm

It was a miserable day.. I went to a birthday party and they had to bring all the props inside (since they set it up out in the yard originally) I felt bad! Regardless, the party was great :D
    I am looking forward to the recipe coming up! :P

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 17th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I always feel bad for brides or anyone having a party on a rainy day…they work so hard and then the weather doesn’t cooperate!

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal — March 17, 2012 at 8:10 pm

BEAUTIFUL pictures. Thank you for linking to the recipes. So much deliciousness.

Julie — March 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm

It rained here too so I worked out at the gym and got books then drank champagne.

Considering reading the books and watching a movie!

Katie — March 17, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Te only time that the weather here will beat the weather there and I didn’t get to enjoy it. It was 80 degrees and SUNNY!! I wore shorts and a t-shirt and I was hot! This never happens.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 17th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

It was a totally miserable Chicago-style St Paddy’s Day…cold, rainy, windy, AWFUL! Glad you enjoyed the weather!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — March 17, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I love the St. Paddy’s smiley you have going on there, too fun! Our weather was pretty cloudy and gross this morning too… but it cleared up around 3pm and I got a bunch of photography in! Couldn’t have been better timing!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I stayed in all day! It was rainy and cold here! Yuck! It’s clear out now, but cold, bitter cold! I want summer!!

Paula — March 18, 2012 at 6:55 am

I stayed in most of the day and accomplished the household projects I had planned. My stepdaughter was babysitting for 5 young boys across the street and didn’t get home until 2 am so I guess my neighbors had a good time partying!!

Amber K — March 18, 2012 at 10:58 am

Okay I wasn’t planning on going out. Really I wasn’t! But I did want my husband to get to try a green beer for the first time. Yeah, not exciting in the slightest. But then I got into the spirit of the bar and got my line dancing feet out to the dance floor. Guess it was a festive night after all!

Sarah @ Fresh Living — March 18, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Your recipe looks amazing! I just found your blog and will continue to keep reading it!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 18, 2012 at 9:03 pm

The best part of my Saturday was celebrating St. Paddy’s day at a local Irish pub with friends. It was fun!

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 20, 2012 at 8:52 am

Our weekend was rainy and miserable too, but we needed the rain! We had a family gathering on Sunday for St. Patty’s Day that was fun, especially when we had hail ball fights. :-)