Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes

It’s national Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. A perfect day honoring one of life’s most perfect flavor combinations.

Here are a few PB&J recipes and ideas:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

Peanut Butter & Jelly Blondies – PB&J never gets old, especially swirled in dense, moist, rich blondies. Easy one-bowl/5-minute batter

Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Caramel Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars (GF with Vegan adaptation)

Microwave Banana Oat Cakes with Peanut Butter (Vegan, GF) and top them with jelly

No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Vegan, GF)  – Add 1/4 cup jelly into the mixture and reduce the amount of banana by half

Make PB&J sandwich cookies using Puffy Vanilla and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Or use Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (GF with Vegan option) for sandwich cookies

Ritz Cracker Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups (No Bake, Vegan) – Add a layer of jelly to the Ritz cracker before adding the peanut butter

Caramel Apple Bars – The combination of peanut butter, caramel, and apples is fabulous.  Add 1/3 cup apple jelly to the batter to increase the apple flavor intensity.

I have a huge arsenal of peanut butter recipes here many of which could benefit from a little jelly added to the batter, dough, smeared on top, or just have a bowl of jelly alongside for dippage.

Jelly, like frosting, makes most everything better.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Vegan, GF), with chocolate, and strawberry jelly could work really well. Strawberries and chocolate are a classic combination. So why not strawberry jelly and chocolate.

I was featured today on DailyBuzz Healthy Living in their Top 9 Stories of the Day, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day

They featured this recipe and this jelly recipe. I guess they knew how much I really love my PB&J. Thanks for the double-feature, DailyBuzz.

Do you like the PB&J combo? When or what was the last PB&J item you ate?

Earlier today I saw Maria’s cake and Lisa’s cups and want them both.

The last PB&J combo I ate was a half hour ago when I was taking pictures of the PB&J containers. My spoon snuck in there a few times.

Which combo wins: PB&J or PB&Chocolate?

This is like picking a favorite child. I just can’t do it.

It really depends on my mood.  Chocolate may tend to win that race, but the sweetness of strawberry or grape jelly against the saltiness of peanut butter is one of my favorite things ever.

But so is chocolate and peanut butter. Hard call.

64 Responses to “Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes”

Cassie — April 2, 2012 at 11:11 am

I knew you would have an awesome roundup for a food holiday like today. What a great one it is too. One of my favorite combos!

Erica — April 2, 2012 at 11:15 am

Yum! PB cookies! I like PB best with banana! I totally want Maria’s creation though

Jessica — April 2, 2012 at 11:27 am

I did not know it was “National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day”…so glad I packed that in the kids lunch today!!

I think that this is my first visit to your blog, I welcome you to come by my blog http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com and say hello and become a follower if you’d like, if you aren’t one already.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — April 2, 2012 at 11:30 am

Love peanut butter and I like jelly to an extent but I was that weird child that never liked the 2 paired together. But it stemmed from an incident where I had this jelly-like stuff that was supposed to remove rust off my bike. After I used that I had a strong aversion to jelly for a while.

Casey — April 2, 2012 at 11:34 am

PB&J or PB&Chocolate.. who says we have to pick? PB&J&Chocolate is a monster combo.. especially in smoothies.

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama — April 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

I could never pick!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — April 2, 2012 at 11:42 am

It’s pb&j day??!! How did I not know this??!

katie @ KatieDid — April 2, 2012 at 11:46 am

pb and C for me! haven’t had jelly in so long, but I really want to make my own raspberry jelly soon in fact.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I plan to make some when berries are more in season..then again, I could just use frozen berries and do it now!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed — April 2, 2012 at 11:48 am

I think peanut butter should be a daily requirement .

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — April 2, 2012 at 11:49 am

same here-i don’t think I could pick, although I’m leaning towards chocolate. But few things compare to a good pb & j sandwich!

Yellow Haired Girl — April 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I can’t choose either! Both are so deliciously fantastic. Now I’m craving some ….

sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 2, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Averie, LOVING this line up! i love pb&j so so so much. don’t make me choose between pb&j and pb&chocolate! i think………… i may…….. have to go with…….. pb&j?!? ahh! i can’t believe i admitted that. both are so close to my heart ;)

sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 2, 2012 at 12:44 pm

ps: congrats on the double feature!! i’m feautred on wordpress’ freshly pressed homepage today :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I saw your Peeps and before I even read her name, I thought of Christi. Cute goodies!

Katherine Martinelli — April 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I had no idea it was national PB&J Day!! Awesome. Great round-up of recipes!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — April 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

i absolutely LOVE the PB&J combo, and i’m so glad you love it just as much. :) i have to agree with you that choosing between PB&J and PB&Chocolate is like choosing a favorite child. just depends on my mood. i love them both SO much! :)

Jasper Naomi {crunchylittlebites} — April 2, 2012 at 1:02 pm

what’s your favorite favorite FAVORITE kind of pb Averie? :)

Deirdre @ Ladies Holiday — April 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I had no idea it was national pb & j day! It’s a toss up which is better the aforementioned or pb paired with chocolate. My kids would probably argue the latter, but there is something so comforting about the familiar pb and jelly.
    I just noticed i have five jars of jam in the cupboard…time to try some of the recipes above.

Nicole — April 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm

How about just peanut butter and peanut butter?!
    My dad makes the best raspberry preserves that are a go-to on toast.

Congrats on your recipe being featured.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — April 2, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I can’t believe I didn’t know it was PB&J Day!! I shared my PB&J recipe last week :( Darn, timing is everything!
    What a great round up though, I love those thumb print cookies!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats — April 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Oh gosh. I’m reading this with 45 minutes of class left and a 1 hour commute. All I want to do is dig into my PB jar. And then make some of these recipes.

Lisa [With Style and Grace] — April 2, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Oh man, I want ALL of those PB treats, they look amazing!! Thanks so much for linking to my PB&J cups :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Your cups are seriously the best thing I’ve seen in awhile…the photography, the recipe, girl…I WANT them!!

Ellen — April 2, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Oh man, I went to the store today, bought jelly and totally forgot to replenish my Pb supply!
    Sigh.
    As for what’s better, Pb and chocolate or Pb and jelly, it’s apples and oranges. Each combo has its time and place:)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 8:43 pm

You’re right, apples and oranges and there’s a time and a place for everything!

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family — April 2, 2012 at 6:51 pm

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are so underrated. I had one over the weekend. And although this isn’t too healthy and I havent had one in a while my favorite combo is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff…a fluffernutter!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College — April 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm

You better believe I celebrated by eating my daily 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter.

I, of course, added in some jelly to make it official :-)

Great recipes. I am going to go check out your arsenal of PB recipes now. Because honestly, what is life without peanut butter on/in everything?!

Paula — April 2, 2012 at 7:14 pm

A spoonful each of PB and jelly is a frequent night time snack but I just can’t pick between PB&J or PB&chocolate either. Congrats on your double feature–the thumbprint cookies are delicious and so easy to make! I did a cut and paste for the Chilean sea bass post. I could eat that a couple of times per week!

Michele Sparrow — April 2, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Congrats on having 2 recipes posted! You rock! You know we love your little thumbprints!! :-)

If I had to choose between PB and C or PB and J, I would definitely choose the PB and J. I love that combo, so much. The extra sweetness in the jam outdoes that chocolate, in my opinion…especially strawberry!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I think you’ve made more of my recipes that just about anyone! I had forgotten you made the thumbprints…I’m so glad you like them :)

Ashley H (southern purple veggie) — April 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm

The last time I had peanut butter & jelly was two nights ago. It’s a regular for me if I have bread on hand. Now I would say that chocolate peanut butter and jelly is my personal favorite.

Shira — April 2, 2012 at 7:33 pm

between the 2.. def PB and Chocolate for me. all the way.. but honestly? my fav combo is PB and banana..has been since I was a toddler lol! melty PB on toast/english muffin/oatmeal muffin with cold banana slices. could eat it every day happily :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 8:39 pm

melty PB on toast/english muffin was my entire college career’s dinner :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 2, 2012 at 7:46 pm

How did I not know it was National Peanut Butter Day? All your treats look amazing!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I honestly “caught” this holiday on a total whim…I looked at my Natl Food Holidays website I keep open in my browser yesterday and was like…Whoa!! Considering you’re the PB queen, you should post something belated!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — April 2, 2012 at 8:04 pm

True story… I used to only eat peanut butter sandwiches or jelly sandwiches growing up. NEVER together. For some reason I hated them together! Now, I do like them together, but I still prefer each on their own!

Katie — April 2, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I saw that it was national pb&j day this morning and wondered if you’d be virtually celebrating. I just made and wrote a post about a new jelly. I was going to wait to post it, but I may have to do it now, in honor of the holiday.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I honestly “caught” this holiday on a total whim…I looked at my Natl Food Holidays website I keep open in my browser yesterday and was like…Whoa!! So I juggled some posts around to make room. Couldn’t miss this one!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — April 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm

What an amazing round-up of your creations. So drool-worthy! You can never go wrong with PB&J.

Marina@Picnic at Marina — April 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Averie, congratulations on being featured on DailyBuzz Healthy Living! You deserved it!
    As of Pb&J or Pb& chocolate, sorry, none of that. No Pb at all, and it seams my whole family is weird: no one likes Pb. And no other nut butter with jelly, please, jelly on a side. Aren’t you surprised that someone may actually not like PB?! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 2nd, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Sort of surprised that you don’t like it! I don’t really care for almond butter that much, it’s “fine” but I don’t really love it that much and everyone is surprised to hear that one!

Sara — April 2, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Peanut butter and JELLY? You know, that means a totally different thing, depending on what country you are in.

I’m in New Zealand.

We would call it ‘peanut butter and jam’ and nobody would ever put those two things together in a sandwhich together, ever. I think we are slowly catching on though. Whittakers (NZ chocolate company) just released a peanut butter chocolate bar, which is the first of its kind here.

The gooey stuff for sandwhiches is called ‘jam’. ‘Jelly’ is a dessert – you make it in a mould from gelatine crystals. What do you call that dessert then?

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — April 3, 2012 at 6:10 am

what a fun post!! Love all of your creations daily!

Amber K — April 3, 2012 at 11:37 am

I miss PB&J. I haven’t had it since going gluten-free since I can’t eat gluten-free breads and that’s the best combo there is!

Maria — April 3, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Yay for PB and J! Love all of your treats!

Marta @ I love breakfast — April 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I like each of your propositions and have no idea which to choose first. I made some peanut butter some time ago and I like it so much, that am trying to use it with everything, hahaha.

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — April 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Everything looks delicious!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm

PB and Chocolate wins for me …. I am not a fan of jams/jellies.