20 Peanut Butter Recipes for National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

June 12 is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day and since I love peanut butter, this is a perfect holiday.

20 favorite recipes using peanut butter:

Balls & Bites

1. Pretzel Peanut Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles – salty and sweet, crunchy and smooth.

2. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites (No-Bake, Vegan, GF) – Cookie dough never gets old

3. Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF) – another version of peanut butter cookie dough without oats

Breads & Bars

4. Peanut Butter Banana Bread (vegan, GF) – The peanut butter in this bread keeps it incredibly moist and you can make the batter in a food processor or high speed blender

5. Baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Donuts with Vanilla Peanut Butter Glaze

6. Special K Bars (No-Bake)- My Grandma’s recipe and I love it

7.  No Bake Nutter Butter Special K Bars – A twist on my Grandma’s recipe with Nutter Butter cookies added

8. Coconut Peanut Butter Magic Cake Bars – Still one of, if not my Top Dessert for 2012, to date

9. White Chocolate Vanilla Marshmallow Cake Bars - One of my top desserts in 2011

10. Caramel Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars – Cannot go wrong with PB & J plus caramel sauce

11. Marshmallow Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Pillowtop Bars – Another 2011 favorite with diverse textures and flavors

12. Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars – One of my most popular posts ever. Thank you, Pinterest.

13. Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Squares (No-Bake, Vegan, GF) – Chewy, easy, very chocolatey; 10 minutes to make

Candy & Crunchy

14. Ritz Cracker Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups (vegan; Ritz are “accidentally vegan”)

15. Peanut Butter Cups (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

16. White Chocolate Vanilla Peanut Butter Puppy Chow (GF) – Super addictive and great to put out at parties

Cookies

17. Apricot Butterscotch Peanut Butter-Filled Sandwich Cookies – Soft and chewy cookies that are beyond double-stuffed with peanut butter buttercream

18. Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Super chewy and a go-to recipe for me

19. Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies – One of my favorite cookies of all time

20. Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (GF with vegan option) -Last but not least, in honor of the day, peanut butter cookies

I  have all my Peanut Butter Recipes here

I also have Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes here

Do you have a favorite peanut butter recipe?

I’d love to hear about it. Recipe links welcome.

I hope you enjoy the holiday and eat some peanut butter. I know I will be.

56 Responses to “20 Peanut Butter Recipes for National Peanut Butter Cookie Day”

Ashley - baker by nature — June 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

I just pulled a tray of peanut butter cookies from the oven… Off to pour some milk and get busy ;)

Marina@Picnic at Marina — June 11, 2012 at 10:34 am

Averie, you are a Queen, the sweetest one! :) I don’t have any peanut butter recipes just because I don’t like peanuts and everything with it. But I think you may change my mind: your sweet creations are so beautifully delicious that I may try, and then for another Peanut Day I would have a favorite recipe, which would be one of your’s though… :) Have a good week!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 11th, 2012 at 10:46 am

Was just thinking about you…good to hear from you and hope you’re doing great :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — June 11, 2012 at 11:01 am

MMMM that’s a food holiday I can totally get behind ;-) Good thing I just finished lunch and didn’t read this post hungry!

Rachel Cooks — June 11, 2012 at 11:28 am

Mmmm…I’ll take some of each please!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — June 11, 2012 at 11:49 am

AVERIE!! what a post!! i am such a PB fan — these recipes are absolutely amazing. gorgeous, delicious, and peanut-butter-rific! thanks for sharing! you’ve got me drooling:)

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — June 11, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I definitely have a soft spot for peanut butter. My favorite is a big-o–spoonful with chocolate chips on top!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — June 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Do i love peanut butter cookies? YES YES YES YES!!!!

My favorite Peanut butter cookies are these: http://www.spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2011/06/15/high-protein-cookies/

Sam @ Fit for My Fork — June 11, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I think I just drooled on my keyboard.

Vita @ Juicer Depot — June 11, 2012 at 12:37 pm

My first choice would be the peanut butter cups. Chocolate and peanut butter are the best together.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Averie! I couldn’t be MORE excited about Peanut Butter Cookie Day! I have a slew of favorite peanut butter recipes, but my current fave are my Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies! Perfect running fuel.

I LOVE all of your recipes link ups too. Those pretzel peanut caramel PB cookie dough truffles are calling my name right now! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 11th, 2012 at 6:08 pm

those brownies look to die-for! And thanks for linking me up :)

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — June 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm

There really is a national day for everything, isn’t there?? :-)

Alysha @Shesontherun — June 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Yay for peanut butter cookie day! I have 8 jars in my house right now (I wish I were kidding). I made these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Cookies and few weeks ago and they are to. die. for.

Paula — June 11, 2012 at 4:03 pm

You have so many great PB recipes and I’d love to nibble my way down this entire post!!! My favorites are the PB cups, flourless PB cookies and pbj thumbprints. I also like a good old fashioned oatmeal cookie with PB chips or Reese’s pieces.

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — June 11, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Wow, everything looks delicious. Especially enticed by the PB donuts and chow!

Lorin — June 11, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I just made your peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I bought the pb cup trail mix from trader joes and threw some of that in as well as I added some Jif Cappucino Chocolate Hazelnut Butter (so good, from Target). Delish! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 11th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

You made them…yay! And you used some fun add-in’s…wow, I bet they’re amazing! thanks for making them and LMK!

lindsay — June 11, 2012 at 5:42 pm

your puppy chow is the best! Love this day, a good way to celebrate! how’s sweet skylar? I miss that face!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 11th, 2012 at 6:06 pm

you’ve made it? glad you like it!

She’s doing great; thanks for asking!

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition — June 11, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Averie you always have the best desserts!!

Someone give this lady a cook book : )

Julie — June 11, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Can’t believe I missed peanut butter cookie day! :(

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 11, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I think I love you! :) I love all of these recipes and what a great day! Of course I had no idea!

Katie — June 11, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I was *thisclose* to posting a recipe for pb cookies today, without actually knowing it was National PB Cookie day! And then I almost made some, but ended up outside in my garden for HOURS yanking weeds.

Tomorrow. Better late than never?

Christine (The Raw Project) — June 11, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Wow, recipe overload! Great collection here, thanks! I adore just about anything with peanut butter in it, but chunks mixed into banana soft serve is probably my fave.

Michele Sparrow — June 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I just love looking at the doughnuts! Your pb doughnuts just look amazing. I have mini doughnut pans but need to get the bigger ones. It is tedious to bake so many little ones (cause that’s how many it takes to feed all the boys!)

Oooh…thumbprints! YUM!! :-)

Chloe — June 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I made home-made “Nutter Butters” last semester while I was at school that were gone within a couple of hours! http://chloeinthekitchen.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/nutter-butters/

So delicious :)

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — June 12, 2012 at 4:16 am

It’s a cold rainy morning here, and now I totally want to spend all day in the kitchen making all these peanut butter treats. And instead I have to go to work! Boo. Anyway… special K bars! My friend’s mom used to make those all the time growing up, they’re so good!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 12th, 2012 at 9:14 am

Girl I love them. My grandma’s recipe and I’ve seen similar recipes on Allrecipes and such but hers are just so easy, but so, so good!

Michele Sparrow — June 12, 2012 at 6:16 am

Already commented on this post, but this seemed appropriate for another one! Most likely, you have totally seen this, but, it made me think of you and wanted to share, JUST IN CASE you hadn’t! :-) Looks like something you make, anyway!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — June 12, 2012 at 6:50 am

My new obsession is eating peanut butter cookie dough for breakfast, overnight oat style! ;) http://www.clairetherd.com/breakfast-food-friday-link-party/

Ally — June 12, 2012 at 9:07 am

Delicious & incredible compilation… thanks for sharing! Happy PB cookie day!
    xo

Heathy — June 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm

My mouth is watering looking at all this deliciousness! I looooove peanut butter! When I was a raw foodie I didn’t eat it but so glad that I’m eating it again :)
    Fave recipe…. my peanut butter choco chip granola bars, and simply love banana slathered with peanut butter – or maybe a bit of banana with my peanut butter, lol.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 12th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

So glad you’re back to eating PB. My life wouldn’t be the same without it!

Living, Learning, Eating — June 12, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Oh my gosh those alllllllll look amazing!

AmandaRunsNY — June 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm

i don’t comment much anymore on your blog, but I’m still reading it almost daily! Anyway, this post is such a great recap of recipes that you do well…well that and something with white chocolate in it!

luv what you do — June 12, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Holy peanut butter!
    My mouth is watering just reading your post. There are so many amazing PB recipes to choose from, but one of my faves is your white choc PB puppy chow. Soo good!

Another favorite…these PB Chocolate bars that I still have hanging out in my freezer!

And who can resist chocolate peanut butter fudge?!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 12th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Those bars! I make a version and the fudge, too! I have them linked up in my desserts page but yeah graham cracker bars and fudge..cannot go wrong!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 15, 2012 at 9:07 am

My favourite PB recipe is just classic PB cookies that my mom used to make. I don’t use PB in very many recipes.

Kenzie — June 15, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Awesome! Here’s my link to my favorite peanut butter recipe:

Laura Dembowski — July 14, 2012 at 8:57 am

I just posted an adapted version of your Puppy Chow on my blog and would love if you’d come take a look: http://piesandplots.net/puppy-chow/ Thanks!