Time for an installment of Weekend Things:
I am so flattered! Thank you, Emeril (not like he knows me but I’m more than a little starstruck)
Last week Bethenny Frankel pinned some cookies of mine, too. It’s been a super cool two weeks for me.
2. I recently picked up Emeril’s new book, Emeril’s Cooking with Power – 100 Delicious Recipes Starring Your Slow Cooker, Multi Cooker, Pressure Cooker, and Deep Fryer
I’m guilty of buying appliances that wind up in what I call the Appliance Graveyard collecting dust. This book has great ideas to make use of said items.
4. I’m spending a few days in Las Vegas for the 46th Annual Pillsbury Bakeoff along with a dozen or so other bloggers invited on the trip. Among other things, we’re going to watch someone win $1 million dollars Monday night.
I can’t even imagine how the 100 finalists must be feeling right now. I didn’t enter a recipe but gosh, for a million bucks, I wish I had.
I plan to Instagram about my time in Vegas so follow along if you’d like. I’m really excited to see some bloggie friends there and can’t wait!
It’ll be a little different than last month when I went to Vegas for 12 hours.
5. Not practical but boy, I’d sure love these Button Booties from Anthro.
6. For a quick breakfast or snack, try Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins – 100 calories & NO gluten, grains, flour, soy, dairy, oil, or refined sugar! A 30-second recipe and they taste amazing. You’ll never believe there’s no flour in them based on their soft, springy texture.
7. Need a good conversion chart for U.S. and Metric Measurements? I like this one with handy real-kitchen examples.
For instance, 50 grams of granulated sugar is 1/4 cup. But 50 grams of corn meal is 1/3 cup. Yeah.
30 grams of Parmesan cheese is 1/3 cup, but 30 grams of butter is only 2 tablespoons. No wonder most of us here are confused and panic over metric. Admit it, you panic when you see a blog in all metric and chances of you making that recipe are almost nil. Or maybe I just speak for myself.
Joy recently wrote a great post about US and Metric. I side with Team Joy.
8. Look at these Apple Cider Pancakes with Maple Cider Syrup from Kristin. All of a sudden I’m really craving pancakes.
9. Small Reclaimed Wood Media Console – This would be perfect for the one and only TV I own. It’s a 20-inch tube TV from 1999. I wish I was kidding. Actually, I don’t care that it’s big and clunky and not flatscreen and sleek. It serves the purpose of allowing me to watch Food Network and my DVR’ed Bravo reality shows. Never met a Top Chef or Housewife I didn’t love.
As an aside, that site, Scoutmob, reminds me of Etsy. So many cool, unique, handmade amazing things for the house, home, clothes, and more.
10. Have you entered the West Elm $50 Gift Card Giveaway and Holiday Gift Guide yet?
What are your Weekend Things?
If you’ve made anything, done, seen, or bought anything fabulous recently, feel free to link it up in the comments.
Baking anything? Any appliances in your appliance graveyard you wished you used more? Fun sites like Etsy that you know about?
Have a great weekend!