Easy 15-Minute Ranch Chicken and Vegetable Skillet
Wondering what to make with the odds-and-ends vegetables in your produce drawer and a couple chicken breasts?
This ought to do the trick.
It’s so easy, ready in 15 minutes, cooks in one skillet for less dishes, it’s packed with savory ranch flavor, it’s healthy, and you can use the produce you have on hand. Score.
As a food blogger one day I use 2 tablespoons of parsley, the next day I need 1/4 cup diced zucchini, and the next I use only a few basil leaves and a couple broccoli florets. My produce drawer is always stuffed.
After the blog recipe and glossy images are over, I’m left with an assortment of (very random) produce to use. I try to use it while it’s optimally fresh and ‘perfect’ looking, but sometimes it gets a little tired, wilted, or soft. Hello roasting, sautéing, stir-frying, or making soup.
That’s where the Taste Not Waste campaign from Hidden Valley Ranch comes in. It encourages you to embrace your imperfect produce and use it rather than throwing it away. Almost expired, bruised, misshapen – you can still use it.
By sautéing chicken and vegetables with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, I had a flavorful meal on the table in just minutes that my family gobbled up. My daughter proclaimed, ‘Mom, how did you make it taste so good!’ The ranch seasoning is one-stop shopping because you don’t need to add any other seasonings, spices, salt, or pepper.
I used fresh organic spinach, zucchini, and broccoli, but use what you have on hand. Carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, or mushrooms would all be great.
Easy 15-Minute Ranch Chicken and Vegetable Skillet
The recipe is so easy, ready in 15 minutes, cooks in one skillet for less dishes, it’s packed with savory ranch flavor, it’s healthy, and you can use the produce you have on hand. By sautéing chicken and vegetables with ranch seasoning mix, I had a flavorful meal on the table in just minutes that my family gobbled up. The ranch seasoning is one-stop shopping because you don’t need to add any other seasonings, spices, salt, or pepper. I used fresh organic spinach, zucchini, and broccoli, but use what you have on hand. Carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, or mushrooms would all be great.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- about 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- about 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (I use florets and stalks)
- 1 cup zucchini, diced in 1/4-inch pieces
- one .74-ounce packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- about 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, cut into bite-sized pieces if necessary (2 big handfuls)
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Chicken should be about 70 % cooked through.
- Sprinkle half the packet of ranch seasoning mix over the chicken.
- Add the broccoli, zucchini, and evenly sprinkle with the remainder of the ranch seasoning mix.
- Evenly drizzle the lemon juice. Stir to coat evenly.
- Cover skillet and allow vegetables to steam for about 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add the spinach and cook uncovered until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir intermittently.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days. Serve cold or reheat gently prior to serving if desired.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Peanut Chicken with Peanut Noodles – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, tastes better, and way healthier than takeout! Peanut sauce automatically makes everything taste amazing!
Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetable Bowtie Pasta – Juicy chicken coated in teriyaki sauce with crisp, crunchy veggies! Healthy, easy, 20 minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
One-Skillet Orange Chicken with Vegetables – Easy, ready in 15 minutes, healthy (no breading, no frying), and the orange flavor just POPS! Perfect for busy weeknights, a family favorite, and you’ll make this over and over!
Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad – Big juicy chicken chunks and texture galore from the rainbow of crispy veggies! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! Great for picnics, potlucks, and easy dinners!
Smoky Chicken, Peppers, and Spinach Pasta Salad – Juicy chicken, crisp bell peppers and pasta with smoked paprika! Fast, easy, healthy and a hit with everyone!! Great for picnics, potlucks, or easy weeknight dinners!
Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll love the tangy-sweet flavor! A healthy weeknight dinner for those busy nights!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!
Post is brought to you by Hidden Valley Ranch. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #TasteNotWaste Website Instagram Twitter Facebook Pinterest. Check out the limited edition Taste Not Waste Hidden Valley bottles on ebay. All proceeds benefit Great Nations Eat.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley. The opinions and text are all mine.