Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse

I am really glad you liked yesterday’s Vegan Coconut Banana Cookie Bite Recipe!

As I mentioned in The Vegan Coconut Banana Cookie Bite Recipe, you Don’t Need a Dehydrator For These, just an oven, so I hope you give them a try!
They are Gluten & Soy Free, and you can make them with no added sugar or additional sweeteners if you choose!

They are soft in the middle and just slightly crunchy on the outside.  Sweet and coconutty, but not overpowering.

Today I want to give you my Raw Vegan 4-Ingredient, 5-Minute Chocolate Mousse Recipe!  I’ve made it before if you Click Here but I tweaked it up just a little and holy moly, Scott told me it should be illegal it’s so good!  I also impressed my out of town guests who had No Idea What one of the Key Ingredients is….

…Avocados are a Key Ingredient and I promise you “cannot taste them”!

Averie’s Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse-4 Ingredients and 5 Minutes!
4 Avocados
2/3 c cocoa powder (use raw cocoa if this is important to you, or use carob)
1 and 1/3 cups Agave
1.5 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Yields: About 4 cups of Mousse.  (It’s a sizable amount but feel free to cut this recipe in half if you are cooking for 1 or 2 people or don’t want a big batch.  For a smaller Batch you can also try this recipe here for my Raw Vegan 3-Ingredient, 5-Minute Chocolate Mousse Recipe)
Optional Ingredients and Add-In’s:  2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Orange or Lemon Zest, Cinnamon, Honey, Maple, or Yacon Syrup instead of Agave, Splash of nutmilk like almond or coconut milk,

Optional Twist: If you really want to go all out with the high raw vegan theme, you can layer it with my Vegan “Cool Whip”, also known as my Cashew Cream Recipe, which is pretty much the same as my Raw Vegan Cheesecake Filling without the lemon juice!

Directions for Today’s Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Combine All Ingredients in Vita or Food Processor, Bullet, etc.

Blend Until Smooth.  It’s thick, fudgy, and rich!

Put into a Container and Either Refrigerate…

Or Savor Immediately!  It’s really pretty if you layer it in clear glasses with strawberries, blueberries or other fruit!  Or the Cashew Cream (or Cool Whip or TruWhip) layered in glasses, parfait-style!

You can also Freeze This and it sets up into a lovely cold treat!

This will keep in your fridge for a few days and for much longer in your freezer.  But honestly, it’s super amazing you won’t have any Leftover “Problems” on your hands!

I served this to my very non-raw, very non-vegan, don’t-even-like-avocados-out of town guests, and they were shocked, amazed, and floored about how amazing it is!  They had no idea there were even avocados in it!

I also brought it to a 4th of July Party last year and arrived about 7pm.  Men, women, children, and toddlers were all raving about it!  The bowl was cleaned out long before the firecrackers went off at 9pm!

Dessert was Vegan Homemade Coconut Oil Chocolate

Skylar was all excited that we were going to do yoga together!
Thanks for telling me you liked Her Downward Dog in Yesterday’s Post…haha!

25 Responses to “Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse”

Amy — November 12, 2011 at 12:58 pm

HI!!
    Loving the blog!
    So far I have made the chocolates with coconut oil! They are amazing! They just dont last long enough around here! hehe!
    Also, I made the apple crumbs! AND the mousse!! Oh my gosh they were soooo delicious!!!!!!
    Here is a picture, its not great quality, but it was just so good, I had to snap a pic!!!!!
    Love from Ireland.
    Amy.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — November 12th, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I’m so glad to hear you’ve made the recipes…and that they’re popular. Thanks for sending the pic…all the way from Ireland. I love it! Thanks for reading, Amy. Have a great day :)

Jayme — February 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I just made the chocolate mousse. It’s amazing! I can’t wait to try the rest of your desserts. Thank you for sharing them!

Jayme

Mimz — April 9, 2012 at 3:32 pm

This is really awesomee I love your blog and I love how healthy u try to make your recipes and this chocolate mousse recipe looks awesome and i am dying to try it but problem is i dnt have avocados in hand nor do I have coconut oil and I cannot find it where I live and avacados are ridclously expensive were I live so can I substitute it with something else and egg substitute or bananas anything

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 9th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I’m sure you can make substitutions using eggs (That’s what traditional mousse is) and there are tons of recipes online or in cookbooks for that; but that’s not this recipe, which is raw and vegan. So you may want to do your research with what will work based on your ingredients and what your dietary path and goals are and go from there. Have fun experimenting!

Maureen — April 20, 2012 at 11:13 am

Hi! I stumbled upon your vegan chocolate mousse recipe and it sounds sooo good! I don’t have any Agave syrup, but is there something else I can use? Thanks!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 20th, 2012 at 11:16 am

I would go to the grocery store and buy some. It’s usually next to sugar or maple syrup in most all groc stores for about 5.99 You could use maple syrup but it’s going to change the flavor. Pick up some agave. It will come in handy for a zillion different projects though!

Micah — May 13, 2012 at 9:14 pm

SO. FREAKING. GOOD. Layered it with berries, milled flax seeds, and a bit of maple butter filled chocolate. Heaven.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 13th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Oh I love the instagram pic!! WOW, do you have any leftover for me to snag a bite? :)

Micah — May 13, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Haha absolutely not! My family made it disappear like magic. I think there’s half a spoonful left.

lynn — August 14, 2012 at 8:20 pm

All your chocolate recipes look fantastic :) I’ve made stuff with chocolate and avocado before and I agree, it’s such a great combination, and you really can’t tell what’s in there. We have planted three avocado trees in our yard so I am anxiously awaiting our first harvest. There will be much chocolate avocado pudding in my future!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — August 14th, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Avo is the plant equivalent of butter – just makes everything so much creamier and richer, I think!

Micah — November 9, 2012 at 9:37 am

Hi! I just thought you might like to know that this recipe makes the BEST. FUDGESICLE. EVER. It’s infinitely better than storebought. I put it in popsicle molds over night, I’m eating one now and it’s got the perfect texture, just gooey enough to lick.
    I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out yesterday so I was really looking forward to making this recipe again, it’s one of my favourites and has been a real treat for me in both mousse and fudgesicle form, since I don’t have many food options at the moment. Thanks! (:

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — November 9th, 2012 at 9:53 am

Glad it’s such a winner for you and yes, I love to freeze it, too – it makes the best ‘frozen yogurt’ or ice-cream-like dessert in a bowl, too. You can’t go wrong in any format with this for me either. Glad you’re a big fan and good luck with your mouth healing up quickly!

Micah — November 9, 2012 at 9:40 am

Also, I used 1 c agave and 1/3 c honey this time, don’t know how much of a difference it made in the freezing process but oh man is it good!