Wine and Whine

How has your day been?  Mine has been stressful and eventful.  Making a blog move isn’t the easiest thing.  But so worth it!

However last night I was majorly freaking out feeling a little overwhelmed and stressed.  Not trying to Whine, of course. The fact that I had sat at my computer chair for over 16 hours yesterday wasn’t helping.  Not exaggerating on that one.

I looked in the fridge

And didn’t think I was going to dip into any Hpnotiq or Bailey’s.  Although a Buttery Nipple is always fun.

And I did actually want to dip into the Veuve.  But I didn’t need a whole bottle for myself.  Well, maybe that would have been ok.

Or this is really amazing rose champagne.  Much better than the last time I drank champagne in Aruba Or tried to. That champagne ended up down the kitchen sink.  I would never waste a drop of the Nicolas.

But I settled on something I found that’s ancient that was taking up space in the fridge.

And it hit the spot.

From my last post about the Biggie Microwave Banana Oat Cake, glad you liked it.  If you need a way to use up your extra bananas, check out this post.

And thanks for filling me in on everything from picture uploading details to whether or not you can save half for later.  Most of you aren’t good savers.  Shocking.

A couple housekeeping details are that many of the links in the Recipes Tab are working.  I’d say about 80% are right and the rest of them are being worked on and everything will be back to normal with correct pathways, soon.

Also, if you commented on my previous two posts…

…And your comment disappeared from my site, I know. In getting the recipe links restored and corrected, some of the comments were lost but are being put back on.

And if for some reason you are reading this from your Google Reader and can’t access my site.  That’s your server not updating.  Nothing you can do other than be patient and it will self-correct in a day or so.

Dessert: Raw Vegan Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies

After a day or two like mine, chocolate + more chocolate = perfect.  You can also bake these in the oven.  Or just eat the raw dough.  Not a bad idea.  And safe because they’re vegan and GF.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies

1. Did you get a workout in today?

Dear Lord, I needed a workout like never before.  Stress, stress, stress from this bloggie stuff. And am glad I rocked a 20-minute at-home workout and a run in the 65F weather!

2. Favorite Wine? Or champagne, or green juice, or tea.  I just did a post on some of my favorite coffees. What’s a favorite wine beverage of yours?

3. Favorite Whine? Anything you want to whine about or your favorite and/or recurring whine?

I like to whine about:

My blog migration

Not having enough time in the day to get everything done

I won’t say the weather because it’s nearly perfect in San Diego, but I know lots of you like to whine about winter weather

Money woes.  We all whine about that, right?

Not getting enough sleep

What are some of your whines? All in all, I am a really upbeat person but it’s fun to just let your whines out, right!

See you later gang!

61 Responses to “Wine and Whine”

1. Eliz@The Sweet Life — January 25, 2011 at 11:22 pm (#

You’ve got quite the stock! Glad you treated yourself.

2. Felicia (a taste of health with balance) — January 25, 2011 at 11:24 pm (#

wine makes everything better. so does chocolate ;)

3. megan @ the oatmeal diaries — January 25, 2011 at 11:31 pm (#

I actually do need a way to use up bananas! haha and for some reason I have Hpnotiq in my fridge too… my favorite wine is anything sparkling! Or a pinot grigio :)

4. ashley@quasichick — January 25, 2011 at 11:34 pm (#

1. I got my workout in!!
    2. My fave drinkn to relax with is coffee
    3. I like to whine about having to much to do, and not having enough money!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

glad you got that workout in!

5. Emily @ One Sweet Vegan — January 25, 2011 at 11:35 pm (#

I’d like a fridge shelf to match yours, please! I whine about my back pain. Today it’s especially aggravating. I hope all your blog move glitches get worked out quickly!! :-)

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan Reply:

P.S. I love the addition to your comments where it shows what everybody recently posted. How fun!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

glad you likey :) my shelf, not really that impressive i dont think but thanks! take care of your back!

6. J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — January 25, 2011 at 11:37 pm (#

I don’t know if you have enough space on your new server to hold a log of my whines right now! :lol:

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

LOL…omg this was the best thing ive read all day! A true LOL.. seriously :)

I owe you a bottle of wine. For putting up with all the drama! :)

7. Christin@purplebirdblog — January 25, 2011 at 11:38 pm (#

Hahaha love the whines! I can whine about hating my job, not enough money, too much housework, not enough downtime, not enough ME time, my dryer being broken, my taxes… hahahahahhahahahahaha, yeah! I don’t drink anymore, but drinking anything out of a wine glass makes me feel fancypants! :)

8. dragonmamma/naomi — January 25, 2011 at 11:41 pm (#

I’m not really whining, but I am quite anxious about tomorrow morning. After working a whopping 3 weeks at my gym, they handed me the keys and I’m opening up by myself tomorrow morning. There are a kajillion different doors to open in half a dozen different ways, and various pieces of equipment to turn on. The normal morning person is gone due to illness, which apparently has made the management desperate enough to trust me! I’m flattered and nervous at the same time.

Thank goodness I had a kick-ass workout at boot-camp this morning; maybe I’ll be exhausted enough to get to sleep tonight.

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

you can open the gym like a champ…rock out your new duties!

9. j. — January 25, 2011 at 11:43 pm (#

1. not yet but heading out in a few to the gym. hate going at night but tis the only time i had today
    2. coffee. i <3 coffee. and water.
    3. i'm usually pretty chipper about everything, except i could so use more hours in a day. don't we all though :)

p.s. love the new blog layout!

10. Katie — January 26, 2011 at 12:03 am (#

Mmmmmmm I coming to your house for a wine and champagne party ; ) oh yeah oh yeah!

I whined today about wedding stuff, so much to do, I also whined about the cold and wish spring was here!!!

Love ya girl! xoxo

11. Madeline - Greens and Jeans — January 26, 2011 at 12:14 am (#

I’d love to come over and help you polish off that stash! :)

12. CathyK — January 26, 2011 at 12:36 am (#

lost you for a couple hours this aft, but now you’re back! :)
    way to bite the bullet and get through the blog changes – if it’s any consolation, the new blog ROCKS and LOOKS SO AWESOME!!! hopefully the glitches are gone asap!! you might be thru that stash, otherwise! :)
    I have no wine and no whine – pretty boring, eh!
    have a great eve! the raw vegan choco chip cookies look divine!!!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

glad that i came “back”…some ppl emailed me and said the same thing. it’s been that kinda 48 hours :)

13. Steph! — January 26, 2011 at 12:37 am (#

Sure did get a workout in. Tuesday = weights day!

Favorite wine is Oregon Pinot Noir, hands down

Favorite whine is cold weather/work/lack of sleep

And love the new look of the blog!!!!

14. maria @ Chasing the Now — January 26, 2011 at 12:37 am (#

I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG. I couldn’t see it all day yesterday, which sucked, but it was worth the wait. Also, it is loading much faster for me now, which I love, too. The blogger one took a long time to load your pics! :) Congrats!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

thanks and yes…glad this one is faster!!

15. Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — January 26, 2011 at 12:47 am (#

Now THAT is a good stock of stress relief!! I know you needed some wine after your blog transfer– I hope things settle down soon!!!

16. Kristina @ spabettie — January 26, 2011 at 12:56 am (#

oh CHEERS, girl !! I am right there with ya… I just did the same thing, moved to self host, and it has been a Super Fun (sarcasm?) transition of cleaning up formatting (weird lines that end up on some posts – those are awesome!), upsetting broken links and photos, yada yada.

I am VERY excited, but this part? I want it to be done. I keep procrastinating because it’s kinda frustrating… :)

yours looks great! wish I could come pick you up for a cocktail ! :D

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

girl it’s been a circus. as i know you can imagine if you’re doing this all too!

17. Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 26, 2011 at 1:18 am (#

I love red wine, especially Folonari Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2006.

18. Amy — January 26, 2011 at 1:50 am (#

I love this new layout! I used to try to browse your recipes before but the page took forever to load on my computer but these load much faster! Yay! Love your blog.

yay for faster loading!

19. Baking 'n' Books — January 26, 2011 at 1:54 am (#

Holy Smokes! What a change – it’s awesome! Love the new site – your doing a great job :)

Now – your fridge …I’m a ‘lovin’ that…wine please?

And don’t fret about whining – you know me – money woes are on me 24/7. Blah.

thanks :)

20. Naomi(onefitfoodie) — January 26, 2011 at 2:00 am (#

HI!!! omg love the champagne!! i once got drunk off champagne in college and it was the WORST hangover EVER! never again. These days I like a good champagne at an event or toasting something exciting!

my drink of choice is red wine, I usually have 1-2 glasses a week!

21. Heather (Where's the Beach) — January 26, 2011 at 2:09 am (#

Ugh, my blog post yesterday was one big whine fest ;-)

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

i saw that post, just reading in stealth the past few :)
    so much going on in my own lil world!

22. Holly @ couchpotatoathlete — January 26, 2011 at 2:10 am (#

Yes I worked out today! I went to the gym and rocked out 3 miles. Now I’m home relaxing and stretching. Felt good!

Favorite wine? I’m really not a big wine drinker, give me a rum/coke any day, but I do like white zin — and yes we usually just get a box and keep it in the fridge :)

Favorite thing to whine about? Work, blog, FAMILY, having no time, having no spending money, etc, etc!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

and you had a 2nd post up today…you’re coming back with a storm!

23. Lisa — January 26, 2011 at 2:18 am (#

I’m afraid to start whining or I might not be able to stop!
    My fave wine lately has been chardonnay…something australian or californian would do the trick. I also occasionally buy the Black Box wine, cab sauv….but that’s too much of a commitment. I can’t drink 4 bottles worth of wine before it goes bad in a month. What’s that say about me? I just don’t drink a lot…but sometimes I think I should drink more!
    I did yoga today at home, and trigger point therapy just because I like pain (or I have faith that it will be good for me in the long run).
    I have to get used to reading your posts with a white background! It doesn’t “sound” like you yet! …but I love it :)

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

believe it or not the old site had a white background (center stripe) but the sides were purple…at least that is all GONE! :)

24. Christine (The Raw Project) — January 26, 2011 at 2:43 am (#

I can imagine the stress you’re going through, hang in there! A little wine is always good for a stressful day.

Wow, those raw vegan cookies look great!

1. I’m about to head to the home gym, so yes. :-)
    2. That I’m stuck working a 5 day week. :-P

25. Jess — January 26, 2011 at 2:48 am (#

65 degree weather? You’re killing meeeeee! :)

26. Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — January 26, 2011 at 2:54 am (#

No workout today. :-( Favorite wine–pinot noir. Current whine: snow.

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

pinot noir. have you seen the movie sideways? so good!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} Reply:

Love that movie! I am NOT drinking *%ck*ng Merlot! :-)

27. Andrea — January 26, 2011 at 3:18 am (#

I LOVE Nicolas Feuillatte! Have you seen the 1/4 bottles? Too cute – My sis gave them as stocking stuffers two Christmases ago…perfection!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

no never…my eyes will be on the lookout now tho!

28. Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine — January 26, 2011 at 3:42 am (#

loooove the new look! It’s so classy, just like you :)
    I did not really exercise today, unless you count walking extreeemely quickly from my apartment to class and back, in 18 degree weather- about 1.5 miles round trip!
    I’ve never had Veuve…but am desperate to try it! I have never been able to make the splurge, but I think I will get a bottle for graduating from grad school…in about a year and a half haha

welcome back! stay warm!

29. Ilana — January 26, 2011 at 4:07 am (#

Loving the new site – damn I can’t believe you finally made the move! Tech stuff got to be such a headache that I just gave up on my blog haha (but I’ll be making a comeback soon, I’m getting a good camera and everything).

Whining- the cold, public transportation, the snow, paying bills (haha). Major, major whine: registering for classes is a BITCH. But I didn’t let any of that stop me from getting my workout on. I’m glad I have all kinds of free time right now, I can do at least an hour of Pilates every day and sometimes I hit the gym for cardio after.

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

well whenever you get back to blogging, i will be reading :)

30. Jessica @ How Sweet — January 26, 2011 at 4:16 am (#

Your pictures look incredible in this post!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

thanks girl :) it’s been…a day. or a month or three. to get here :)

31. Kate (What Kate is Cooking) — January 26, 2011 at 5:02 am (#

I like to whine about my schoolwork to anyone that will listen. It makes me feel better :)

32. mi-an dela cruz — January 26, 2011 at 5:49 am (#

did get mah workout in today! power yoga was awesome. and i’m only 2 days til i finish my 30 day yoga challenge! yeahh! i’ve been doubling up! :)

my fave beverages: wine (red and white), cocktails like mojitos, club soda, water, almond milk and coffee.

i like to whine about: right now…mostly about trying to get a residency training. and of course money always comes up. esp bc i’m off to buenos aires in april!! :))

33. Tina — January 26, 2011 at 6:46 am (#

Dear Averie!
    Beautiful new blog! I love it! I´m reading you every day…. :-)

Best wishes from Germany, Tina.

34. Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook — January 26, 2011 at 7:42 am (#

Just want you to know how much you inspire me :)

35. Lindsay M — January 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm (#

FYI…You are not suppose to store wime in the fridge…It “burns” the wine.

36. Bria — January 26, 2011 at 2:55 pm (#

Congrats on the move on over to WordPress. I’m a big WP fan myself.

It must be moveover season, as I recently moved my BriaYoga.com site to WordPress. I realized that my old site had the look of “1999 called. It wants its website back.” LOL! Now my Yoga site looks so much more fresh and more my style.

Onward to whining: I love to whine about my busy schedule and having not enough time off. But the truth is, I have a fair amount of flexibility in my sked, and I love what I do, so it’s actually pretty great. Just a matter of finding that right balance, which is a constant re-negotiation process. :-)

Congrats again on the new site. Looks fab!

37. Krista — January 26, 2011 at 7:30 pm (#

I like to whine about my house always looking like a disaster, my alarm going off and how my hair is taking for-ever to grow back to the lenth I want it. But I bet if you talk to my hubby he’d give you a MUCH larger list of my whines…LOL

38. Beth — January 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm (#

Favourite beverage: green tea, white tea or peppermint tea.

Whines: Switching to a new computer at work (and the headache that goes with it); lack of sleep; people farting on the bus during the commute to work; and traffic on game nights

39. Andrea — January 27, 2011 at 12:46 am (#

Love the new look for the blog! I know you’re switching things over – but wondering if you’re going to post the recipe for the raw chocolate chip cookies again when you get the chance. The link sadly doesn’t work :) no rush…want to pull out the dehyd this weekend! :)

Thanks!

40. Andrea — January 27, 2011 at 12:55 am (#

No worries! Sorry to bug – I’m sure you’re getting tons of questions like that :-p good luck!! :)

41. Dario Geeslin — February 10, 2011 at 1:53 pm (#

I simply want to mention I’m newbie to blogging and seriously liked this website. Probably I’m likely to bookmark your site . You amazingly have excellent posts. Thanks a bunch for sharing with us your blog.