Lemon & Dill Roasted Potato Sticks

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.  And if my husband’s stomach was doing the ordering, it would order potatoes.  In any way, shape, or form.

These potatoes did the trick for him.

[print_this]

Lemon & Dill Roasted Potato Sticks

1 large potato, chopped into sticks

2 tbsp lemon juice

2 to 3 tbsp EVOO

1 tbsp dill

1 tbsp all-purpose savory seasoning blend (i.e. Trader Joe’s 21 Salute, Mrs. Dash blends, etc.)

Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Place potatoes in a bowl and add oil and seasonings.  Toss with a spoon to coat.   Place potato sticks on foil-lined baking sheet (to save on clean-up time).  Bake at 400F for 35 minutes (or until crispy).  Flip potatoes once halfway through cooking to ensure even crisping.

[/print_this]

Combine all ingredients, toss and coat

Get ready to bake

After flipping halfway through roasting

Done!

You may enjoy serving these potatoes with my vegan Creamy Lemon & Herb Dip

Or with ketchup.  I love ketchup on just about anything.

Check out Ketchup & Mustard Lovers Protein & Veggie Mash if you love a little food with your condiments like I do.

Or simply eat the lemon and dill roasted potato sticks plain.

Plain is good sometimes.

But these were far from plain.  The lemon, dill, and herbs gave them great flavor.

And they were slightly crunchy on the outside and warm and soft in the middle.  Far from plain.   Scott approved.

From my last post about my Mall Finds, I am glad you liked my Mac Makeup and bodysprays!

And it doesn’t sound like anyone is going to do anything too crazy for St. Patty’s DayWe shall see come Friday morning who’s hungover on their way to work.

Dessert: Let’s go with some Mint Chocolate Chip Softserve (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free)

Feel free to add a couple drops of green food coloring in the spirit of St. Patty’s Day!

1. Do you like potatoes?

I will admit, I am not really that much of a potato person.  They are fine, but not something I really seek out.  My idea of comfort food is one of these.

However, Scott adores potatoes and so I make them for him.  He’d be fine with a microwaved “baked” potato but in an effort to have new recipes for my blog to keep things interesting for him, I like to mix things up.

2. What’s your favorite potato and way to cook it?

Here are some ideas of mine..

Ginger Roasted Tri Colored Potatoes

Roasted Sweet Potato Fries

And a Cheezy Veggie Bake with Potatoes

Tell me if and how you like your taters!

64 Responses to “Lemon & Dill Roasted Potato Sticks”

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Helloooooooooooooooo, delicious!! Yes, I love potatoes and those look scrumptious! I want to make veggie bean burgers and those would go great with them. YUM! :D

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — March 15, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I’m much more of a sweet potato fan than regular potatoes, but your recipe looks fabulous with all the flavors! I LOVE baked sweet potatoes or sweet potato rounds with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and almond butter. YUM!

xxoo
    Heather

Estela @ Weekly Bite — March 15, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Yum!! I love roasted potatoes, & Dill!! These look delicious :)

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — March 15, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I love potatoes — we have baked sweet potatoes at least 3 times per week with dinner — they are so easy to make and taste so good. I also like roasted fingerling potatoes or red potatoes.

I have seen others post about that TJs 21 Salute seasoning but I keep forgetting to pick it up!

Anne — March 15, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Dill and lemon, how summer-y! :-)

We had potatoes day-in-day-out when I was a kid and I suspect that’s why I don’t like them…don’t know though – they have just never, ever been my thing, except the first couple batches in the spring, new potatoes, mmm! Since moving away from home (13 years ago) I think I can – literally – count on one hand the times I have cooked taters for myself – not counting the sweet ones ;-)

Hump day coming up tomorrow, hope you’re having a nice week.

Heidi @ Food Doodles — March 15, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Mmm, sounds like my hubby and your hubby have similar tastes. My hubby could live off potatoes(but not the sweet ones… I’m the only one that likes sweet potatoes in this house – I usually just make baked fries out of them). I bake them whole or fry them as hashbrowns(either grated potato or little cubes) and sometimes I make fries like yours but I usually bake them for a really long time till they get super crispy on the outside. I think our favorite spice combo is garlic powder and paprika, and sometimes I put chili like spices on them like chili powder and cumin and such. So yummy. I love potatoes too, but not as much as my hubby, lol.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — March 15, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I like taters in stick form! haha.. I’m not a fan of mashed potatoes or baked potatoes!! These look very delish!! (no big surprise!)

Lesley Lifting Life — March 15, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Mmmm! The dill makes those look even more fabulous than they sound!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 15, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Love potatoes! I love oven roasted and baked the best.

Katie — March 15, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I am not a potato fan really. I grew up eating mashed potatoes with EVERYTHING. I think I OD’ed on them by about age 13. My parents, however, do the microwaved baked potato thing at least 3-4 times a week, I’m guessing.

I love all your recipes, but I think the savory ones are my favorite. I’m not much into sweets lately. Did I just say that?!?!

Also, did you forget to out the lemon in the recipe or am I blind?

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 15th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

good catch. i typed this post at 4am after work. yes, for real. i KNEW i was going to forget something…and i did :) all fixed now.

od’ing on mashed potatoes…omg we had the same childhood, again, i am reminded.

savory recipes being faves? it’s heresy. for sure :)

Allison @ Happy Tales — March 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Meh, I’m only so-so on potatoes. I’d rather have a sweet-potato! Ryan on the other hand is a potato FIEND and will eat them in any shape or form. I am printing our your recipe and making these for him as a side sometime soon! He will loooove it.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 15th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

p.s. I just updated the recipe…i forgot to write in lemon juice. duh. all fixed now :)

• Allison @ Happy Tales replied: — March 15th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

ohhhh crucial! haha, thank you for letting me know!! :)

Stephanie — March 15, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I definitely a potato lover! My favorite way to prepare them is roasted, or grilled in foil on the grill. My favorite kinds are baby red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and then fingerling. I can’t wait for my irish feast for St. Patty’s Day!

Jenny — March 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm

You are really working that SLR camera. Your pictures are great!

Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine — March 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm

The potatoes look like somethingmy boyfriend would just LOVE!
    I’m going to make them for him :)
    PS I finallllly got to make your kale chip recipe after being out of nooch for months!!!!

kate — March 15, 2011 at 2:55 pm

i have to say, especially in the last 2 posts, your pictures look worlds better! a little lighting and tweaking of settings goes a long way. I have always loved your blog, and now that your experimenting more with your photos I am loving it even more!
    I am not a huge white potato fan. I adore sweet potatoes, but white just don’t do much for me. French fries, sure! but baked white potato, nah.

CathyK — March 15, 2011 at 3:07 pm

have to say i’m not a huge potato fan, either. i think my mom served enough potatos when we were kids to last a lifetime! :)
    your potato sticks look awesome! no wonder scott was impressed!

myveganstory — March 15, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I’m not a fan of regular potatoes. When I was a baby it was the first real food I ever ate and I HATED them, even still to this day.
    But like many other bloggers, I could eat a sweet potato every day and be happy :)

Stephanie — March 15, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Oh, those potatoes look AMAZING! I could eat the entire bowlful!

Katie — March 15, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I was craving these potatoes all afternoon at work after reading this… came home and made some :) Yum Yum Yum! Thanks for the recipe

*Andrea* — March 15, 2011 at 4:52 pm

these look faaaaantastic! i <3 potatoes (i'm irish after all haha). sweet potato fries are one of my favorite forms, i also love roasted sweet potatoes and potatoes with onions/eggs!

Cari — March 15, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I notice that you say that you aren’t a “bread, potatoes, beans, pasta, grain, etc… girl” all of the time (even though some of those are gluten free or there are gluten free options available). I guess you stay clear of most/all carbs! (except for the trace amount in vegetables that is all fiber and usually considered net carbs). You seem to follow a very strict vegetable only diet with an occasional sweet treat.
    Sort of like an atkins or south beach without the meat and cheese. :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 15th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I definitely do not stay clear of all carbs! I love sugar! My blog is not a food diary or food journal or “daily eats” blog in any way. I happen to just prefer my carbs in sweet form, rather than white form. Trust me, I don’t blog about everything I eat. But you’re right…I am meh towards potatoes and rice. I would much rather have other things. Everyone’s palates are different.

Hannah (mindrunningwild) — March 15, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I prefer sweet potatoes to regular potatoes, although I do like both. I love sweet potatoes baked with nut butter, cinnamon and yogurt. YUM!

Monique — March 15, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Ummmmmm, I was going to comment on how delicious adding lemon to fries sounded, but then you showed a picture of those chocolate peanut butter bars and I totally lost track of everything I was thinking :) Chocolate is always the answer.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Can you believe I would prefer a potato to a brownie or other sweet treat!!!? It’s true!!!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I need to stop reading food blogs when I’m hungry. These look divine and I’m tempted to roast up a batch right now, even though it’s 9:15 at night.

Toni — March 15, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Those potatoes looks wonderful! My husband is also a carb addict and can eat them all the time! Our fav way to prepare them is baked with red bell peppers and onions! The flavors blend very well together.

Sam (the neurotic yogini) — March 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm

mmmm! came to look at those recipes from earlier… and now i’m wanting these! dang! i need to get in the kitchen, stat! :)

Kristina @ Life as Kristina — March 15, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Wow-delish….your eats always make me drool!

Nicole — March 15, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I love that green speckled bowl !!!! Can I ask where you bought it?

Pure2raw twins — March 15, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Love this recipe! My boyfriend loves his potatoes!

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — March 15, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Oh Geez. Mine too. He LOVES Potatoes. Potatoes & Beer!

rohan — March 15, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Wow, do you need another husband? :-) Your cooking looks awesome!

Katie @ peacebeme — March 15, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I love baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, and lots of salt and pepper. :) I also love roasted new potatoes.

Lindsay — March 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm

yumm your homemade potato fries look delish! I made some the other day and they turned out a little too crisp and greasy for my taste. Next time I think I’ll use less oil and add more herbs like you did.

Hannah — March 15, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Oh, it’s been so long since I had oven fries! I adore lemon and dill, though have only ever used oregano on my potatoes before with lemon. Nom nom nom!

dragonmamma/naomi — March 16, 2011 at 4:48 am

Love potatoes, especially in cool weather; satisfies me all the way down to my bones. Yesterday I had a big bowl of mashed potatoes with a burger for BREAKFAST.
    Usually eat sweet potatoes, however.

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) — March 16, 2011 at 6:34 am

UM yes please to these potatoes AND that softserve! holy yumballs!! i love sweet potatoes- my favorite!

Nikki FYC — March 16, 2011 at 6:59 am

70 degrees & sunny! Sounds like heaven. I love potatoes. Sweet potatoes are my favorite. I’ve been eating them baked and cut up on my salads this week.

The GSB — March 16, 2011 at 7:55 am

Wow those potato sticks look heavenly; I’m going to have to do this next time! I recently put up my favorite sweet potato recipe on my blog, but lemon and dill might just knock it out of the park! Love all your recipe ideas! :)

jen lau — March 16, 2011 at 9:04 am

Count me as a potato lover also! One of my favorites is the simple Lipton onion soup oven roasted potato recipe on the back of the box. But I have eaten a loaded baked potato as a meal more than once! Particularly yummy with broccoli, cheese, bacon bits, sour cream and chives!

Amber K — March 16, 2011 at 10:09 am

I have to admit…I LOVE potatoes. More than one should ;)

And I am super excited for some new recipes! I love potatoes pretty much any way, but healthy. For some reason I just can’t get down with sweet potatoes. They make the dish taste…sweet. I absolutely love sweets, but sweets should be chocolate or ice cream. Not in my dinner!

Charlie — March 16, 2011 at 10:23 am

These potatoes look so good! I love herbs with baked potatoes :).

Dan@Kids Birthday Party Chicago — March 16, 2011 at 11:17 am

The potatoes look delicious and unique. I will have to try this recipe this weekend for sunday dinner.

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Yum, the potato sticks look wonderful with dill, I’ve gotta try these. And thanks for all the recipe inspiration.

1. Yes and of just about any kind. I rarely buy white, but sometimes get them in our farm box and have to get creative with them. :-)
    2. Sweet potato fries.

Arlen Rutter — March 16, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I simply want to mention I am new to blogging and seriously savored you’re page. Probably I’m going to bookmark your blog post . You definitely come with beneficial article content. Regards for sharing with us your web site.

rebecca lustig — March 16, 2011 at 6:48 pm

i’m not a huge potato person either!!! they’re just ‘eh’ to me, no matter how prepared… although i do love sweet potato fries every now and then!

Mauimandy@The grains of paradise — March 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I love potatoes and these look awesome! Lemon is such a wonderful way to give so many dishes a great kick!

Christin@purplebirdblog — March 18, 2011 at 5:47 am

There is just something about dill on potatoes that works so well! Some of my favorite roasted potatoes (and Alex’s too) have been the batches I’ve made with dill!

Phil — March 18, 2011 at 10:43 am

Those potato sticks look fantastic! :)

Krista — March 20, 2011 at 7:11 am

I’ve never been good on standard white potatoes, but I LOVE sweet potatoes!!!