Returns & Nut Butter
My Monday To Do List was a mile long:
1. Went to Radio Shack to return a photo card reader that was a piece of crap. <–No other word for it. Proceeded to wait around for 20 minutes for a $17 dollar refund, and was seriously questioning if it was worth it because time is money.
2. Went to Michael’s craft store to return a cork board I had bought but that started eroding and leaving black cork particles over everything the minute I unwrapped it. <--Instantly catapulted it into the Return It category.
3. No returns at Target. Just a quick Benjamin$ spent. Poof. Target is a money pit but I did need to restock some essentials.
Here’s some of my stash
This Jif Natural Peanut Butter was on sale. I admit, I don’t buy “natural” peanut butter as a matter of course. I buy whatever is cheap. Or in this case, I noticed the Low Sodium notation on the jar. Sold.
Given that I am not a fan of salty things, it was a good snag for me.
In the past, I’ve used Jif Naturals, Skippy Naturals, high end “designer” nut butters, TJ’s nut butters, you name it, I’ve tried it.
My two fave nut butters: TJ’s Sunflower Seed Butter
And Peanut Butter. In any form and all brands. Some brands are better than others, but I’ll eat just about any brand.
And yes, I will even eat the non natural kind that’s filled with refined sugars and additives. And I admit that I like it.
I used to adore Triscuits + Reduced Fat Jif Peanut Butter + lots of cocktails with maraschino cherries in my early 20s and made many “dinners” of of that combo. And I cherish those memories. Those were fun days and “dinners”.
Jif Reduced Fat peanut butter will always be a lifelong fave because of those memories!
4. After Target, it was time to get a lovely run outside in. 75F, sunny, no wind, no bugs. Loved it.
I stopped and smelled a few roses and took my time and savored the beautiful day. (Not really, but I did see these pretty roses)
After my run, I went into the garage for 15 minutes of at-home yoga, i.e. garage yoga, stretching, and core work.
5. I also changed the sheets on my bed. It was sheet day. Hate the process, love the final result. I sleep much better on clean sheets.
6. And after that peanut butter talk, all I can think of are peanut butter recipes. <–I have an entire post dedicated to them.
Everything from Peanut Sauce Baked Tofu
to No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars (vegan, GF)
So if you’re a peanut butter fan, here’s my stash of peanut butter recipes
Thank you for the wonderful comments on my last post, Blogging 105. I am so glad that it resonated with so many of you. Just how much to share, how much of yourself to reveal, and what to do about people who unintentionally find out about your blog are topics that seemed near and dear to everyone’s heart and I loved reading your comments on thoughts on how you handle these matters.
And I’m glad the whole five-part Blogging Series was helpful. Thanks to all the (new) bloggers and (new) readers who chimed in to tell me it helped you. I had fun writing the series and organizing my thoughts on it all.
1. What did you check off your list on Monday?
2. Do you have a favorite nut butter? Brand, type, kind?
I know this question is asked repeatedly in the ‘sphere and Janetha just asked it, but I always love hearing the answers. I may hear about something new and amazing!
And anyone want to admit to liking the cheap stuff right along with me?
3. How good are you about returning items?
I admit, that for $11 bucks, I almost didn’t complete my Micheal’s return.
And for $17, I was borderline with Radio Shack.
But that was $28 bucks I then took to Target, so was glad I did made those returns.
I used to let my returns just get lost in the shuffle, let the item collect dust, or give it away, but I am much more conscious and conscientious now, and actually make the return. If time is money, then all those “little” items are money, too. And they add up so it’s better than I return things if they’re not going to work out rather than just wasting my own money.
And I really try to avoid even buying things that I am on the fence about, in order to avoid even dealing with returns, but sometimes you get an unexpected dud and it just has to go back.
Enjoy your day!