Merry Christmas

As the sun is setting, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

I hope you all had a wonderful day with your family, friends, and loved ones.

Palm Beach, Aruba - Christmas Day, 2013 averiecooks.com

I spent the day on the beach in Aruba with my family, and it was perfect.

Merry Christmas! Or as they say in Aruba, Bon Pasco!

Palm Beach, Aruba - Christmas Day, 2013 averiecooks.com

{from my iPhone}

24 Responses to “Merry Christmas”

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — December 25, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Those views are spectacular! Merry Christmas to you too Averie! xo

Paula — December 25, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Merry Christmas! I’d love to spend the holidays on a warm, sunny island–even if I only get to do it once. It would just be so opposite of what I’ve experienced every other year of my life. Those beach views always look spectacular!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — December 25th, 2013 at 5:04 pm

You should do it at least once, Paula! I’ve been doing this for 15+ years now, to the point I equate Christmas day with sweating, not shivering, when I think about the day any other day of the year :) Merry Xmas and hope you had a great day!

Jaclyn — December 25, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Merry Christmas Averie!! I hope you and your family have had such a great day, according to these beautiful pics, it looks like you have :)!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — December 25th, 2013 at 9:41 pm

It was a great day and I hope yours was, too! Thank you for pinning my Blueberry Muffin and Buttermilk Pancakes Cake onto the bhg board! Just got you back :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 25, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Merry Christmas Averie! Have fun and enjoy!!!

Kristi @ lifesprinkles — December 25, 2013 at 8:32 pm

gorgeous!! merry christmas!

Katie — December 25, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Merry Christmas!!

Belinda@themooblushbaker — December 25, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Merry Christmas Averie! Love the sea views; I am glad you experience a warm Christmas like me.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — December 26th, 2013 at 7:18 am

Thanks, Belinda, and hope you had a great xmas! And the day we both made similar desserts, and yours was with quinoa though, I saw it totally rockin’ on Foodgawker in almost the top row. Congrats!

Laura Dembowski — December 26, 2013 at 5:40 am

I’m glad you had a good Christmas! I had a very nice one as well. The only thing I’d change is to be somewhere warm and I’m hoping all that will change by next year. It was a day of great company, delicious food, fabulous presents, and lots of movies … just what it should be :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — December 26th, 2013 at 7:17 am

Glad you had a great day & it was just what it should be!

Colleen — December 26, 2013 at 6:12 am

How beautiful! Merry Christmas to you too!

Kira @ The Healthable Old Soul — December 26, 2013 at 11:58 am

Merry Christmas!

Red Star Yeast — December 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Merry Christmas, Averie! I am so jealous! Looks like a beautiful place to spend the holidays. ~Linda@RSY

• Averie Sunshine replied: — December 26th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Thanks, Linda! I hope you’ve had a ‘warm’ Christmas, too! You know, above freezing would be good in your neck of the woods :)

Happy Valley Chow — December 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Merry Christmas Averie! Hope you had a great day :)

Julie @ This Gal Cooks — December 26, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas, Averie! Judging by your awesome photos, you definitely did! :)

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — December 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Merry Christmas to you too Averie!!

Michele Sparrow — December 26, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Averie, I hope you had a beautiful Christmas with Scott and Skylar! Your photos are incredible and I bet it was AWESOME to spend Christmas in such a warm, beautiful place!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — December 26th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Hope yours was wonderful too! xoxo

Emily @ Life on Food — December 27, 2013 at 6:44 am

Merry Merry Christmas!!

Andrea — December 28, 2013 at 2:02 am

Beautiful photos…i love that blue!

Valerie — January 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

A bit belated but Bon Pasco to you too, Averie!!
    I’ve shoveled my sidewalk (and roof!) two times today – Aruba never looked so good!