10 Favorite Chocolate Cake Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s been an amazing week for food holidays. Today, January 27, is National Chocolate Cake Day
And earlier in the week was National Peanut Butter Day
My two favorite food groups with holidays in the same week. How did I get so lucky.
Here’s a compilation of my favorite chocolate cakes:
1. Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache – The easiest and best tasting, one bowl, from-scratch cake you’ll ever make. It tastes better than a boxed mix, and is just as easy
The ganache is made in the microwave in minutes, and takes a great cake over the top. This is my all-around need-a-chocolate- cake-in-a-hurry recipe that never lets me down
2. Chocolate Molasses Chocolate Chip Cake with Baileys Irish Cream Glaze – A cake that’s more bold than it is overyly sweet. Make with molasses, medjool dates, cocoa powder, coffee, and chocolate chips; and it’s finished with a creamy Baileys glaze. It’s for adults, but only those adults who can handle bold, robust, intense flavors
3. Frozen Chocolate Pudding and Wafer Cake (No-Bake, 3 ingredients) – Chocolate instant pudding, Cool Whip, and wafers. Perfect for kiddie birthday parties or any event you need a last minute, easy cake
4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache – Probably my favorite cake on my site. It’s what you’d get if you crossed the buttery-est yellow cake with pumpkin, added chocolate chips, and draped it all in a rich ganache. It’s a one-bowl, whisk-together cake that takes minutes to make, with amazing results. Moist, tender, flavorful, easy and everyone who’s made this cake writes to tell me they make it…again. Always a hit
5. Banana Bread Brownies with Vanilla Caramel Glaze – Somewhere between a dense chocolate cake, moist banana bread, and fudgy brownies is this recipe that was a happy accident and turned out far better than I could have hoped. The glaze is crazy good, and it’s my favorite glaze recipe on my site
6. Fudgy Nutella Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting – My go-to brownie recipe, and although it’s not a cake, it’s for chocolate lovers. Like the Chocolate Cake (item 1), it’s an easy one-bowl, no mixer required brownie recipe that’s easier than using a boxed mix. It’s my go-to brownie recipe, and I never cheat on it. It delivers rich, decadent, super fudgy, and not at all cakey brownies, every time
7. White and Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake Bars – Part cake, part cheesecake, rolled into one and topped with cream cheese frosting. Fast and very easy to make, with decadent results. A big hit on Pinterest
8. Ho Hos with Cream Cheese Frosting – One year for my husband’s birthday we were traveling and this was his cake. Nostalgic memories of both of our childhood’s and eating Ho-Hos or Little Debbie Swiss Rolls
9. Mounds Bar Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies – For those who enjoy the combination of coconut and chocolate, these cake mix cookies are for you. Coconut flakes are worked into the cookie batter and then chunks of Mounds Bars are stuffed into the cookies. Cake mix cookies are always easy and goofproof. Soft, moist, and oozing with chocolate
10. Baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Donuts with Vanilla Peanut Butter Glaze – The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is my all-time favorite and these chocolate cake donuts have peanut butter in the batter so they stay nice and moist, and are then drenched with a luscious vanilla-peanut butter glaze. The recipe can be made as muffins if you don’t have a donut pan
Quintuple Chocolate Fudgy Brownie Cookies – Not a chocolate cake but these fudgy brownie cookies are made for the extreme chocaholic, and are hands down, my favorite chocolate cookie. Chocolate is used five times: Cocoa powder, melted bittersweet baking chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips, diced chocolate and caramel-filled truffles (or use your fave diced candy bar) and chocolate-filled Oreo cookies. Highly recommended
Do you have a favorite recipe for chocolate cake? Or any favorite recipes using chocolate?
What are you eating or making in honor of National Chocolate Cake Day? Did you celebrate National Peanut Butter Day?
Please tell me about your favorites and leave links if you have them. And I definitely celebrated National PB Day with the best Peanut Butter Cookies I’ve ever had in my life, hands down.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway in honor of National Peanut Butter Day for Kind Healthy Peanut Butter Snacks Giveaway
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.