Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables
I’m all about easy dinners and this one is a winner-winner-chicken-dinner.
This sheet pan recipe is ready in about 30 minutes and cleanup is as easy as tossing a piece of foil. Amen to less dishes.
The chicken and vegetables marinate in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and dried onion. The longer you marinate, the juicer your chicken and the more flavorful your vegetables will be.
I used bell pepper, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes because they’re favorites of ours and I always have them on hand but you can switch it up and you can mix and match based on what your family likes.
A finishing sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction really ties everything together and adds a final burst of big, diverse flavors.
Salty cheese, fresh herbaceous basil, and the tangy zip of balsamic reduction. You can use storebought or make your own. Note that balsamic vinegar and balsamic glaze/reduction are not the same; the later is thicker and sweetened and I adore it.
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables
This sheet pan recipe is ready in about 30 minutes and cleanup is as easy as tossing a piece of foil. The chicken and vegetables marinate in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and dried onion. You can mix and match the vegetables based on what your family likes. A finishing sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction really ties everything together and adds a final burst of big, diverse flavors.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I halved one large breast and each half was about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium/large zucchini, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium/large yellow bell pepper, diced into bite-sized pieces (another color pepper may be substituted)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional for garnishing
- fresh basil, optional for garnishing
- balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction, optional for garnishing (make your own or use storebought)
- To a large zip top bag, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, onion flakes, salt, pepper, chicken, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, seal bag, and squish everything around to combine. Place bag in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes and longer if you have time. I marinated overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup, and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and vegetables from the bag and place them in an even, flat layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165F) and vegetables are tender. Flip chicken and toss vegetables halfway through baking to ensure even cooking. Cooking time will vary based on how thick your chicken is.
- Optionally, evenly sprinkle with Parmesan, basil, and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving. Recipe is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
My Favorite Easy Chicken Recipes are ALL HERE
One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables – A tangy-sweet balsamic glaze coats juicy chicken and crisp-tender veggies! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for busy weeknights! It’s a keeper!
One-Pan Honey Lemon Chicken and Roasted Potatoes – Juicy chicken with a honey lemon glaze that’s tangy-sweet and so good! Healthy, fast, so easy, and cleanup is a breeze!
One-Pan Honey Barbecue Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Juicy chicken and tender potatoes roasted on one pan! The barbecue sauce keeps everything super moist and flavorful! Fast, easy, and zero cleanup!
Baked Parmesan-Crusted Chicken – You’d swear this chicken was fried but it’s baked! The interior is so tender, juicy, and moist while the exterior is extra crispy! Easy, ready in 25 minutes, and so good!
Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Chicken – A healthier twist on chicken parmesan because there’s no breaded chicken! Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with flavor! A guaranteed hit that’ll be in your regular dinner rotation!
Easy Chicken Manicotti – Pasta shells stuffed with chicken, coated in red sauce, and smothered with loads of melted cheese! Pure comfort food that’s packed with flavor that the whole family will love!
Chicken Orzo Salad – Juicy chicken tossed with orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, and a super flavorful lemon vinaigrette! Easy, healthy, ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect way to use your garden fresh veggies!
Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Quinoa Salad (GF) – Trying to keep meals healthier and lighter? Make this easy, refreshing, and satisfying salad!