Angel Pineapple Lush Parfaits
This post may contain affiliate links.
My mom has been making this 4-ingredient, no-bake dessert for about 30 years.
It never gets old, it tastes like summer, it’s ridiculously easy, you don’t need a mixer, and you don’t have to turn your oven on. Big scores.
It’s the kind of dessert that you can keep eating and eating because it’s fluffy, light, airy, and refreshing. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing.
Rather than make it the traditional way which involves slicing an angel food cake into thirds, and layering with the lush-scious filling, I chopped the cake into pieces and assembled the dessert in parfait glasses. Or use a large trifle bowl.
Simply stir together a box of instant vanilla pudding with a large can of crushed pineapple, stir in whipped topping, add the cake pieces, add to glasses, and top with fresh berries. If you don’t use pudding mix or whipped topping, I can’t comment on how to make this dessert.
It’s for those of us who love our (no)baking shortcuts.
- one 20-ounce can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- one 3.4-ounce package vanilla instant pudding (I haven’t tried with sugar-free)
- one cup thawed whipped topping (I used fat-free Cool Whip)
- one 13-ounce angel food cake (from the grocery store bakery or make your own), diced into 1-inch cubes
- fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. for garnishing; optional
- To a large bowl, add the pineapple with juice, pudding mix, and stir to combine until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Add the cake cubes and stir to incorporate and coat evenly.
- Evenly divide mixture among parfait glasses or a large trifle bowl, refrigerate for about 1 hour, optionally garnish with fruit, and serve. Lush will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days, noting it becomes softer as time passes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Pineapple Poke Cake with Pineapple Glaze – Fast, easy, one-bowl, no mixer, from-scratch cake that’s easier than a mix! The glaze soaks into every inch and you’ll be in juicy pineapple heaven!
The Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake – So soft, moist and really is The Best! A cheery, happy cake that’s sure to put a smile on anyone’s face!
Tropical Escape Soft Pineapple Crumble Bars – Sweet, soft bars with big pineapple chunks that taste like a tropical vacation!
Pineapple Coconut Oil Banana Bread – Soft, moist, fluffy banana bread with pineapple chunks! Tastes like a tropical vacation!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.