Banana Bread for Two
This post may contain affiliate links.
Air Fryer Banana Bread For Two — You’ll never guess HOW this easy, no-mixer bread is baked!! It’s super soft, tender, moist, and the perfect mini banana bread loaf for two!!
Small Loaf Banana Bread for Two
Over the years I’ve made 40+ kinds of banana bread, but this version is different in two major ways. First, it’s small enough for two. Even though I never have a problem plowing my way through a loaf of banana bread, if you’re not as zealous as I am or only have two ripe bananas to use, it’s perfect.
Secondly, I made it in a Philips Viva Airfryer Digital. I’ve made banana bread in a slow cooker before, but this was new to me. I got the recipe from the Williams-Sonoma Airfryer Cookbook and as a money-saving bonus, use coupon code AIRFRYERBLOG to receive 30% off any Airfryer from their website.
The air fryer banana bread is fast, easy, and you don’t need a mixer. It’s soft, tender, moist, and we made quick work of this loaf for two in two days. I made it twice. Once with peanut butter and once without. You can’t go wrong either way and you can add nuts or chocolate chips if you’d like to jazz it up more.
What’s in Air Fryer Banana Bread?
To make this mini banana bread with two bananas, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
How to Make Air Fryer Banana Bread
This small loaf banana bread is as easy to make as regular banana bread! Simply whisk together the wet ingredients, then mix in the dry.
Turn the batter into the greased non-stick baking dish that accompanies the air fryer. Bake the banana bread until a toothpick inserted it the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs. Let the air fryer banana bread cool for 10 minutes before eating.
How to Store Air Fryer Banana Bread
This mini banana bread will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Banana Bread
If you don’t have an air fryer, I’m sure you could make this small loaf banana bread in the oven using mini loaf pans.
As I mentioned above, feel free to omit the peanut butter if desired. Likewise, you can add whatever mix-ins you want (chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped nuts, etc.).
Note that the nonstick pan is an add-on accessory that doesn’t come with the air fryer.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 rounded tablespoons sour cream (lite is okay or Greek yogurt may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped or 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the Airfryer to 330F. Spray the bottom and sides of the nonstick baking dish (this is an add-on accessory) with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the bananas and mash with a fork.
- Add the sugar, oil, egg, sour cream, peanut butter, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Optionally fold in the walnuts or chocolate chips.
- Turn batter out into prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Carefully place the baking dish in the variety cooking basket and insert basket into the Airfryer.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted it the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs. Start checking at 25 minutes since the moisture content and size of bananas and climates vary.
- Remove the baking dish from the Airfryer, place on a wire rack, and allow bread to cool for 10 minutes. Invert bread onto a cutting board and flip right side up. Slice and serve.
- Bread will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Inspired by the Williams-Sonoma Airfryer Cookbook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1048Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 797mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 11gSugar: 86gProtein: 18g
More Easy Banana Bread Recipes:
Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread – Banana bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread — Banana bread just got BETTER with juicy BLUEBERRIES in every bite!! The zucchini (you can’t taste it) keeps it moist and healthy!
Six-Banana Banana Bread – Six bananas in one loaf of bread means an extremely soft, moist, and richly flavored bread!
Flour’s Famous Banana Bread – Made with Flour Bakery’s famous recipe to see if it lives up to the hype. Verdict? Make it!
Browned Butter Buttermilk Banana Bread with Strawberry Butter – The browned butter and buttermilk add richness, softness, and moisture, and the strawberry butter makes it that much better!
Pineapple Coconut Oil Banana Bread – Buttermilk, bananas and coconut oil keep this bread super moist, tender and it tastes like a tropical vacation!
Brown Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread with Blueberry Butter – Blueberry coffee cake meets super soft banana bread!
Zucchini Banana Bread — Soft, super moist, easy, no mixer needed! Jazz up regular banana bread by adding zucchini and it’s healthier, too! (Great recipe to save for when your garden is over-flowing with zucchini!)
The Best Strawberry Banana Bread – Super soft, moist bread with tons of juicy strawberries! Easy, no-mixer recipe, and the best use for ripe bananas!
Peach Mango Coconut Oil Banana Bread – The coconut oil pairs so perfectly with the peaches and mangoes!
Peanut Butter Apple Banana Bread — Jazz up regular banana bread with peanut butter and apples! A perfect combo that tastes amazing together!! Fast, easy, no mixer required, and a hit with everyone!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.