Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema
This post may contain affiliate links.
Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema – Fast, EASY, restaurant-quality tacos at home!! Juicy beer-battered shrimp, avocado, cheese, and a zesty lime crema to top it off! Perfect for weeknight dinners and easy entertaining!!
San Diego is known for some world-renowned fish tacos but you don’t have to come here to enjoy these mouth-watering beer battered shrimp tacos.
Between the juicy shrimp, crunchy red cabbage, creamy avocado, cheese, cilantro, and a zesty lime crema for drizzling, they taste like restaurant-quality tacos that’ll impress everyone.
They’re ready in 25 minutes and easy which makes them a great weeknight dinner option when you have to get dinner on the table, pronto. Chillax, you’ve got this!
Or make the tacos for your next tailgating or holiday entertaining party. They’re a stress-free option everyone will devour – even picky eaters.
I used the new SeaPak Beer Battered Shrimp and there’s also a SeaPak Beer Battered Cod variety. SeaPak makes entertaining (or just your average Thursday night or Taco Tuesday) easy, fun and enjoyable.
SeaPak provides high-quality, easy-to-prepare, restaurant-style seafood you can make at home. Add some fresh ingredients like I did here for the tacos and you’ve got yourself a winner.
SeaPak sources only from suppliers who are committed to limiting their environmental impact, working exclusively with those who follow the most responsible practices.
Keep a package or two of SeaPak in your freezer and to find SeaPak products near you, head to the product locator on SeaPak’s website. Make sure to sign up for SeaPak’s Coastal Catch E-Newsletter. You’ll receive a coupon just for joining.
We inhaled these tacos and the zippy lime crema is perfect as a salad dressing if you have extra.
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (zest the lime before you juice it)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, optional and to taste
- one 16-ounce package SeaPak Beer Battered Shrimp
- 6 to 8 medium soft flour or corn tortillas, slightly charred if desired
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage, divided
- 1 medium/large ripe Hass avocado, diced into bite-sized pieces; divided
- 1 cup shredded or finely chopped cheese, divided (I used queso fresco; cotija would be another great choice)
- fresh cilantro finely minced, for garnishing
- optional jalapeno peppers, pico de gallo, or your favorite taco garnishes
- lime wedges, for garnishing
- Lime Crema - Add all ingredients to a medium bowl, whisk to combine, taste and check for flavor balance. Add more salt, pepper, etc. if desired. I add and enjoy the slightly sweetened flavor the honey provides but it's optional. Set crema aside.
- Tacos - Cook shrimp according to package directions. While shrimp cook, lightly char the taco shells if desired. I place them directly on my oven burner over medium-high heat, and cook for about 10 seconds per side, flipping with a tongs. Keep a very close eye on them; use your favorite method.
- If desired, remove tails and/or halve the shrimp before adding to the taco shells.
- Top each taco with desired amount of cabbage, avocado, cheese, cilantro, optional ingredients, lime wedges on the side, and evenly drizzle with crema to taste. Tacos are best fresh. Extra crema will keep airtight for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 859Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 149gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 28g
Easy 15-Minute Fish Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa – Tons of big flavors in a fast, fresh and healthy meal!! A clean-eating recipe that tastes like comfort food!
Easy 10-Minute Lemon-Butter Grouper Fish Tacos – Fast, fresh, and healthy! An easy fish taco recipe everyone loves! Lemony, buttery fish with a honey mustard-lemon sauce on top! Perfect for busy nights because they’re so quick!
Coconut Shrimp with Orange-Chili Dipping Sauce – Plump, juicy shrimp with a crispy, crunchy coconut coating!! Fast, easy, and better than you get in restaurants! Will be your new favorite shrimp recipe!
Easy Shrimp Cocktail – Goodbye overpriced deli trays. Learn the secrets to make your own perfect shrimp cocktail in 15 minutes! Juicy, sweet and sooo much more flavor!
Easy Roasted Shrimp with Green Goddess Dip – Healthy, foolproof, and ready in 10 minutes! The juicy shrimp and creamy dip are perfect together!! (it works great as a veggie dip or salad dressing too)
Post is brought to you by SeaPak. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SeaPak. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.