Red sprinkles and candy canes mean Santa is on his way.
And I know Santa will have no problem polishing off a few of these.
We’ve all had Peanut Butter Blossoms and these cookies are the holiday version.
The cookies are soft, chewy, covered in red sprinkles and there’s a Candy Cane Hershey Kiss in the center. Use your favorite colored sprinkles and Kisses. There are so many varieties of both.
I love my recipe for Soft Sugar Cookies, but I took a shortcut and used Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Cookie Mix. Betty is your go-to for creating simple, yet memorable, holiday moments with your family.
As much as I love baking totally from scratch, the Betty Crocker Cookie Mix is a great shortcut especially when you’re making cookies with kids. Just combine the mix with an egg, a stick of butter, and stir together by hand. So easy.
BettyCrocker.com is your one-stop-shop for holiday inspiration and guidance. There are cookie ideas you can bake with your kids and recipes you can make in advance. Betty’s got you covered this holiday season.
I highly recommend chilling the dough before baking it and even though the packaging doesn’t indicate to, chilled dough is key for thicker cookies that aren’t as prone to spreading. I had much better results using chilled dough.
I brought these to a holiday party and everyone’s eyes lit up when they saw the plate of cookies.
I brought home a clean plate without so much as one leftover cookie.
Pin This Recipe
- one pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ Sugar Cookie Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- red sprinkles or sanding sugar, for decorating (or use your favorites)
- 16 Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped (or use your favorite version)
- To a large bowl, add the cookie mix, butter, egg, and stir to combine.
- Using a two tablespoon cookie scoop, or your hands, form approximately 16 equal-sized mounds of dough.
- Sprinkle on or dredge each mound of dough through sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (do not bake more than 8 cookies per sheet because these cookies spread) and bake for about 10 to 11 minutes (if your cookies are smaller, bake less; and keep a watchful eye on them since ovens very dramatically), or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool.
- Immediately after removing cookies from oven, add 1 Hershey’s Kiss to the center of each cookie, pressing it down lightly. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 15 minutes before removing. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack. Cookies will keep airtight at cool room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Holiday Blossom Cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
25 Holiday Cookie Favorites – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a holiday cookie recipe, this collection has you covered!
The Best Peppermint Chocolate Cake – Easy, one-bowl, no mixer cake! Decadently chocolaty, perfectly pepperminty! Your new favorite cake!
Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies – Move over cake mix. These easy, super soft cookies are from scratch & loaded with sprinkles!
Chocolate Kiss Powder Puff Cookies – Easiest cookies ever with only 3 ingredients! The Kiss in the middle makes everyone smile! So fun!
Chewy Sugar Sprinkles Cookies – Soft, extra chewy, with sprinkles baked right in!
Buttery Sugar Wafer Sandwich Cookies – So soft and buttery they just melt in your mouth!
Sugar Doodle Vanilla Cookies – Part soft sugar cookie, part chewy snickerdoodle, with tons of rich vanilla flavor!
Please continue to SCROLL DOWN for the comment box you are used to seeing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . The opinions and text are all mine.