Cannoli French Toast Rollups
This post may contain affiliate links.
Who doesn’t love cannoli? And if you can have cannoli for breakfast, that’s my idea of a great start to the day.
Rather than making traditional cannoli, I made these cannoli-inspired French toast rollups.
They’re easy to make and the filling in the center is creamy, luscious, and studded with chocolate chips.
I flattened slices of eureka!® Smoooooth Organic Wheat Bread with a rolling pin before adding the filling, rolling up, battering with a milk and egg mixture like you’d do for regular French toast, and griddling.
eureka! reminds us bread doesn’t have to be bland and eating better doesn’t have to be boring and I agree. Eating better doesn’t have to be boring.
You don’t have to sacrifice taste in order to eat better. eureka! is an organic bread that is bursting with rich flavor, tasty goodness, and worked great for the rollups.
As long as we’re having something rich and indulgent for breakfast, knowing there’s organic wheat bread involved is a good counterbalance.
My family loved the rollups and they’d be perfect for brunch, special events, or holiday mornings.
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- heaping 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 8 slices eureka!® Smoooooth Organic Wheat Bread, with crusts removed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- about 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- To a medium bowl, add the ricotta, mini chocolate chips (I recommend mini chocolate chips because regular size may cause difficulty when trying to roll up the bread), confectioners’ sugar, and stir to combine; set aside.
- Place bread on a flat surface, trim crusts, and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Evenly spread 1 heaping tablespoon filling over the surface of each slice of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch bare margin from the sides and top. Roll up bread slices starting from the bottom; set aside.
- To a separate medium bowl, add the egg, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a large nonstick skillet, add the butter, and heat over high heat to melt until sizzling.
- Briefly dip each of the rollups into the egg mixture and place in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned on all sides; flip and turn intermittently while cooking so all sides cook evenly.
- Transfer cooked rollups to a serving platter, evenly dust with confectioners’ sugar, and serve immediately. Rollups are best warm and fresh. Tip – If doubling, tripling, etc. the recipe, to keep the cooked rollups warm while you finish cooking the remainder, placed cooked rollups on a baking sheet in a low 175F covered with foil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Croissant French Toast – Soft, tender, and so buttery it just melts in your mouth! Fast, easy, and a breakfast worth waking up for!
Baked Bagel French Toast with Maple Glaze – Soft, chewy bagels make the best French toast! So easy, no flipping required, and tastes phenomenally good!
French Toast with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup – Classic French toast and the peanut butter maple syrup is to die for! You’ll never settle for plain maple syrup again!
Cinnamon-Sugar Streusel Baked French Toast – The perfect breakfast! No stovetop flipping and you can make it ahead of time!
Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks – Portable French toast that’s just begging to be dunked! Fast, easy, and double-dipping is totally ok!
Overnight Gingerbread French Toast Breakfast Bake – Easy, make-ahead French toast that’s perfect for winter weekends or Christmas morning! Easy, no-flipping-required recipe!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Overnight Pull-Apart French Toast – Make breakfast the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning! So easy!
Post is brought to you by eureka! Orangic Bread. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #dontbebland #eurekabread
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of eureka! Organic Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.