Caramel Apple Muffins — Soft, fluffy, springy, loaded with chunks of apples, and so much CARAMEL flavor!! EASY, no mixer needed, and you’d never guess they’re accidentally vegan!!
Easy Apple Muffins Recipe
The caramel apple muffins are soft, fluffy, springy, loaded with chunks of apples in every bite, and I used caramel twice.
Of course, the caramel drizzle is not to be missed and I used the new Silk Almond Creamer in Caramel Flavor to impart creamy caramely goodness into the batter. It’s America’s #1 Almond Creamer and comes in Vanilla and Hazelnut flavors, too. For a limited time there’s also Pumpkin flavor. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted for your coffee. Or your muffins.
The creamers have a new look (rounded bottles rather than square cartons to make your coffee routine even easier) and a new taste. Silk’s plant-based almond creamer is now creamier and than ever. They put everything they know and love about plant-based nutrition into these new Silk Creamers.
They’re responsibly sourced from California almonds, cane sugar, and have natural flavors. When you swirl these authentically nutty creamers into your favorite coffee, you’ll know you’ve made a good choice for the planet. And only Silk could make plants taste so creamy.
I’m a huge Silk fan and use it all the time in my cooking, baking, and smoothie-making. Did you see the recent recipes for Strawberry Coconut Pina Colada, Make-Ahead Smoothie Freezer Packs and vegan Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread (which went totally viral and has quickly become a new reader favorite)?
I love all the Silk Creamer flavors but for the muffins I went with Caramel because caramel + apples is an automatic win. The muffins are perfect for breakfast, after school snacks, with coffee, and will disappear quickly.
They’re so easy, you don’t even need a mixer, and they’re great if you’re trying to get friends and family together around this time of the year and have something for everyone to eat and enjoy because they’re vegan. But you’d never know it.
What’s in Caramel Apple Muffins?
To make this apple cinnamon muffin recipe, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Egg (or egg replacer)
- Granulated sugar
- Silk Almond Creamer (Caramel Flavor)
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Caramel sauce (optional)
How to Make Caramel Apple Muffins
Toss together the diced apples, cinnamon and some flour. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients, then fold in the cinnamon apples.
Divide the muffin batter between 11 greased muffin cups. Bake until the tops are domed, puffed, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool before topping with caramel sauce.
How to Store Apple Muffins
These easy apple muffins (without caramel sauce added) will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
What Type of Apples Should I Use?
For these apple muffins, I suggest using a Fuji or Gala apple. Honeycrisp or Granny Smith would work too!
Tips for Making Caramel Apple Muffins
I prefer peeling my apples before adding them to the muffin batter. Some apples have thicker skin that doesn’t bake well.
A few readers have asked if they can make this apple muffin recipe without the caramel creamer. If you can’t find flavored creamer where you live, you can try using plain creamer and adding extra cinnamon to the batter.
To keep this recipe vegan, use your favorite egg alternative.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups apple, diced into small 1/8 to 1/4-inch pieces (I used one large Fuji, peeled and cored)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large egg OR equivalent amount of egg replacer product to keep vegan (use your favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Silk Almond Creamer, Caramel Flavor
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- caramel sauce, optional for drizzling (use a vegan option if desired; Google has a zillion recipes)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pan; set aside. (I don’t prefer the cosmetic look of muffin liners and I am not sure if the paper will stick to the muffins). Note - I only used 11 cavities rather than all 12.
- Apples – To a medium bowl, add the apples, cinnamon, flour, and toss to coat. The flour helps prevent apples from sinking during baking; set aside.
- Batter – To a large bowl, add the egg, sugar, Silk Almond Creamer, oil, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix. The batter is quite thick by design.
- Add the apples and any loose flour from the bottom of the bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide batter equally among 11 cavities of the prepared pan. Each cavity will be about 3/4 full. Spraying a one-quarter cup measure with cooking spray so the batter slides right off is handy here.
- Bake for about 21 to 24 minutes, or until tops are domed, puffed, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs but no batter. All muffin pan sizes, ovens, climates, juiciness of apples, vary so bake until done given your variables.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely.
- Optionally before serving, drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Muffins (without caramel sauce added) will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Adapted from Vegan Chunky Apple Cinnamon Muffins.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
More Apple Recipes:
Vegan Chunky Apple Cinnamon Muffins — You’ll never miss the eggs or butter in these easy, healthy muffins loaded with apples and cinnamon!
Apple Cinnamon Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting — An easy, one-bowl, no-mixer apple cake that’s to-die-for! Loaded with juicy apples in every bite, perfectly spiced, and topped with tangy cream cheese frosting! So delish!
Spiced Apple and Banana Bundt Cake with Vanilla Caramel Glaze – Apple cake meets banana bread with a to-die-for glaze! Best.ever.
Apple Fritter Bread – Soft, fluffy bread that’s stuffed AND topped with apples, cinnamon, and sugar! Like apple fritters in bread form!
Carrot Apple Bread – Carrot cake with apples added and baked as a bread so it’s healthier! Super moist, packed with flavor, fast and easy!
Cinnamon Spice Applesauce Bread with Honey Butter – Applesauce keeps this bread so soft & moist! It’s like apple spice cake, disguised as ‘bread’ so you can have extra!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Crumble Bars – Move over apple pie! These are an apple pie, apple crumble and cheesecake all in one! YUM!
5-Minute Microwave Apple Cinnamon Crumble For One (vegan, gluten-free) – 5-minute easy recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or snacks!
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake – The soft and gooey factor of a Cinnabon with apples and so much caramel sauce! Easy, ready in 30 minutes, and uses storebought cinnamon roll dough to save time! One of the BEST desserts ever!
Caramel Apple Crumble Foil Packs – Easy, zero cleanup, made on the grill (or oven) in record time, and delish! Juicy apples, chewy crumble topping, and luscious salted caramel!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.