Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – Super soft, perfectly chewy, BROWNED BUTTER cookies that are LOADED with two kinds of chips!! An EASY one-bowl, no-mixer recipe for irresistibly DELISH cookies!!
I took that dough base and made these super soft, perfectly chewy, browned butter cookies that are loaded with both chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
Why Is Browned Butter So Special
It’s an easy one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that starts with browned butter. I love browned butter cookies for a few reasons.
First, the nutty, rich flavor of the browned butter is divine in the cookies. It’s like taking a regular soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie and upping the flavor profile by a hundred fold. That much better.
Secondly, not only do the cookies taste incredible but these are no-mixer cookies and I can stir everything together by hand in one bowl.
How To Make Browned Butter
Brown the butter (<—click for a detailed tutorial) by cooking the butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan until it’s amber to brown in color, about 5 minutes depending on pan size. The best 5 minute investment you can make for your baking, I promise.
I swirl the pan in the last minute or so to make sure I can really see the color changes.
The butter will go through stages of hissing, sputtering, and making noise until the water cooks off at which point the browning occurs. The butter will smell nutty and aromatic.
If you cook it too long, it will burn. Not a huge deal other than than you are out 5 minutes, 1 stick of butter, and need to start over.
Soft And Chewy
Because you’re starting with melted rather than creamed butter, the cookies are wonderfully chewy and the addition of cornstarch keeps them soft for days.
They’re loaded with both chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
Because the butter is melted rather than creamed, the dough may seem oily yet crumbly which sounds paradoxical but it’s possible. The chips tend to slide out of the raw dough mounds but just keep pushing them in.
Chilling The Dough
It’s mandatory that the dough be chilled for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before baking – no exceptions or the cookies will bake flat, thin, and spread like crazy.
Don’t overbake them because they taste better a bit underbaked.
My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes:
- 30 Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies – The BEST collection of chocolate chip cookies out there and all in one place!
- Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies – Move over butter, cream cheese keeps these cookies soft and extra thick! Pinned over 1 million times!
- The Best Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – My favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies! Just one bite and I think you’ll agree!
- Turtles Candies Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Turtles candies! Soft, chewy, and buttery with caramel and chocolate! They’ll be a new favorite chocolate chip cookie!!
- Halloween M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – Super soft, perfectly chewy, browned butter cookies that are loaded with M&Ms and chocolate chips! An EASY one-bowl, no-mixer recipe!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Brown the butter (
- Pour butter into a large mixing bowl, making sure to scrape the bottom of the saucepan with a spatula and transfer any browned bits (they have wonderful flavor) from the bottom of pan into the mixing bowl. Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it.
- Add the egg, sugars, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add flour, cornstarch (keeps cookies soft) baking soda, salt, and stir to combine. Dough may seem crumbly yet oily, this is okay.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and stir to combine.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, or your hands, form approximately 12 to 13 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten about halfway. Tip – Strategically place a chocolate or peanut butter chips on top of each dough mound for a visual pop.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I use a half-sheet pan and bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 10 to 11 minutes (if your cookies are smaller than mine, reduce baking time) or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired. If baking straight from freezer with frozen dough, you don’t have to thaw it. Bake straight from freezer, possibly adding 1 to 2 minutes to baking time if necessary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
The Best Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – My favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies! Just one bite and I think you’ll agree!
Turtles Candies Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Turtles candies! Soft, chewy, and buttery with caramel and chocolate! They’ll be a new favorite chocolate chip cookie!
Chocolate Chip and Chunk Cookies – My gold standard Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for over two years!
The Best Soft and Chewy Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies – You’ll never miss the butter in these cookies that are so soft & loaded to the max with chocolate!
Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies – Move over butter, cream cheese keeps these cookies soft and extra thick! Pinned over 1 million times!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.