Crustless Blueberry Pie
This post may contain affiliate links.
Crustless Blueberry Pie – a FAST, crustless, no-mixer dessert that’s perfect for summer entertaining, picnics, or potlucks!! Somewhere in between pie, cake, and blondies is what you get with this FABULOUS blueberry dessert recipe! Take advantage of those FRESH blueberries!!
Easiest Homemade Blueberry Pie
This is a super easy, no-mixer blueberry dessert that’s perfect for last-minute summer entertaining. It’s the type of pie you’d bring to a potluck or picnic to share. Casual but so tasty.
I don’t have a lot of pie recipes on my blog compared to other desserts because I hate making pie crust. This fresh blueberry pie is a total winner because no pie crust is needed and you save those empty pie crust calories for a better use. Like for other empty calories such as wine and cheese.
You don’t have to break out your mixer either, which is always nice.
What Does a Crustless Pie Taste Like?
I wouldn’t call the texture totally pie-like, but I also wouldn’t call it as light as cake. Somewhere in between cake and a blondie with a little bit of the gooiness of pie because I underbaked it just a smidge.
The ingredients and ratios are very similar between the pie and my no-fail blondies recipe, except that the pie recipe has granulated sugar and 2 eggs whereas blondies have brown sugar and 1 egg.
The edges are chewier with a more tender and gooey interior. If you want it firmer, bake it longer. I sprinkled sugar on top before baking and it adds a tiny bit of crunch, which I relish.
What’s in a Crustless Blueberry Pie?
To make this easy blueberry pie recipe, you’ll need:
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
How to Make a Crustless Blueberry Pie
Homemade blueberry pie couldn’t be simpler! For this recipe, you’ll need flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, and fresh blueberries.
To make this crustless pie, simply whisk together the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Then, carefully stir in the blueberries (the batter will be quite thick).
Sprinkle a handful of blueberries and some sugar on the pie before you bake it. You’ll know when the fresh blueberry pie is finished baking when the edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I like to serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but both are optional!
Can I Make the Blueberry Pie with Frozen Blueberries?
This recipe is adapted from my Crustless Cranberry Pie that I fell in love with and made over and over before Christmas, and this crustless blueberry pie was no exception — love at first bite. I had such great luck using fresh cranberries and never tinkered with frozen.
So when I read the note I wrote to myself in my planner back in December, and that I should make this recipe in June, I immediately reached for fresh blueberries. And then I made it again with strawberries.
While you could possibly turn this into a frozen blueberry pie, I haven’t tried it so I can’t speak to the results. ‘Tis the season for fresh blueberries and since you probably have them on hand, now you know what to do with them.
Do I Have to Use a Pie Plate?
If you don’t have a glass pie plate on hand, you can use an 8-inch round cake tin instead. If it looks like the blueberry pie filling is too much for your substitute pan, omit a little so the pie doesn’t overflow in the oven.
Tips for the Best Blueberry Pie
I kept this crustless blueberry pie super simple, but I bet you could mix in other fresh berries if desired.
I used a glass pie plate to make this recipe. If you use a metal baking dish, the bake time may vary because metal conducts heat better than glass.
I prefer to underbake my homemade blueberry pie slightly (35 minutes) for a more gooey center, but it’s personal preference and since all ovens, climates, and berries vary, watch your pie and not the clock.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract, or to taste
- 2 cups plus 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, divided (I have only made with fresh and cannot comment on using frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch round pie dish very well with cooking spray; set aside. I used a glass pie dish; baking times may vary if using metal.
- To a large bowl, add 1 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 45 seconds. Wait momentarily before adding the eggs so you don’t scramble them.
- Ad the eggs, extracts, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine; don’t overmix.
- Add 2 cups blueberries and stir to combine; batter is very thick.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pie dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup blueberries over the top.
- Evenly sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the top and bake for about 34 to 39 minutes, or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter.
- Allow pie to cool in pie dish on a wire rack before slicing and serving. Optionally serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Pie will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days.
- I prefer to underbake slightly (35 minutes) for a more gooey center but it’s personal preference and since all ovens, climates, and berries vary, watch your pie and not the clock.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
More Blueberry Dessert Recipes:
FAVORITE BLUEBERRY RECIPES HERE — A collection of the best of the best blueberry recipes!
Blueberry Crisp — Sweet, juicy blueberries topped with a crispy, crumbly topping! Easy, one bowl, no mixer dessert that’s an all-time favorite!
Blueberry Pie Bars – Super soft, easy bars with a creamy filling, streusel topping and abundance of juicy blueberries!
Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars — Fast, easy, no-mixer bars great for breakfast, snacks, or a healthy dessert! Big crumbles and juicy berries are irresistible!
Brown Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread — This is a moist brown sugar banana bread studded with juicy blueberries.
Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread – Banana bread just got better with juicy blueberries in every bite! The zucchini (you can’t taste it) keeps it moist and healthy! Easy and delicious!
Blueberry Zucchini Bread – Juicy blueberries in every bite of this soft, easy, no mixer bread! If you have picky eaters who don’t like zucchini, don’t worry because you can’t taste it! It keeps the bread tender and healthier!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.