Crustless Fresh Strawberry Pie — FAST, super EASY, no-mixer dessert that’s perfect for summer entertaining, picnics, or potlucks!! Somewhere in between pie, cake, and blondies is what you get with this FABULOUS recipe! Take advantage of those FRESH strawberries!!
Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
I’ve made this homemade pie recipe before using both fresh cranberries and fresh blueberries. The blueberry version even has a video that went viral on Facebook! And after I (accidentally) bought 5 pounds of strawberries that were on sale, I needed to make a dessert with all those berries. I figured this crustless fresh strawberry pie would be a winner and it was.
This baked strawberry pie is a super easy, no-mixer dessert that’s perfect for last minute summer entertaining. It’s the type of fresh strawberry pie you’d bring to a potluck or picnic to share. Casual but so tasty.
No pie crust is needed, and you save those empty pie crust calories for a better use. Like for another slice of this homemade strawberry pie. And you don’t have to break out your mixer either, which is always nice.
I wouldn’t call the texture of this fresh strawberry pie totally pie-like, but it’s not as light as cake. It’s somewhere in between a cake and a blondie, with a little bit of the gooiness of pie is where it falls. The edges are chewier with a more tender and gooey interior.
The ingredients and ratios are very similar in this pie and in my no-fail blondies recipe except that the pie recipe has granulated sugar and 2 eggs, whereas blondies have brown sugar and 1 egg.
Crustless Fresh Strawberry Pie Ingredients
For this easy strawberry pie recipe, you’ll need:
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Fresh strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Pie Sans Crust
To a large bowl, add some of the sugar, flour, and salt, then whisk to combine. To a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat to melt. Add the eggs, as well as the vanilla and almond extracts, and whisk to combine.
Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine. Fold in the fresh berries and turn mixture out into greased 9-inch pie dish. Sprinkle a few more strawberries over the top, pressing them lightly into the batter.
Bake the fresh strawberry pie until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I prefer to under bake slightly (35 minutes) for a more gooey center, but bake it however long you see fit!
This strawberry pie will need to cool completely before you can serve it. If you cut into it while it’s still warm, the pie will be too gooey and won’t hold its shape.
Should I Measure the Strawberries Before or After Slicing Them?
I’d wait to measure the berries until after you’ve halved or quartered them. However, this isn’t an “exact science” kind of recipe, so if you have slightly more or less berries than the recipe calls for that’s fine!
Can I Substitute Stevia for the Sugar?
Without having tried it myself, I can’t say for sure whether Stevia would work in this recipe. If you do make this strawberry pie recipe with Stevia and it turns out well, please leave me a comment below so I can share your results with other readers!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries Instead?
I have only ever used fresh berries in this strawberry pie recipe, so I can’t comment on how frozen will work. My hunch is that frozen strawberries would be okay, but if you’re going that route I advise not thawing the berries first and just adding them straight from the freezer to the batter and baking.
You will also need to bake it longer since they are frozen and it will take longer for the internal temperature of the pie to rise.
Can I Use Other Berries in This Crustless Pie?
Tips for the Best Strawberry Pie
If you want, you can even mix and match this recipe with your favorite fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. A mixed berry pie — I may try that next!
I also wanted to mention that I like to sprinkle sugar on top of the crustless pie before baking and it adds a tiny bit of crunch, which I adore.
If you want a firmer pie, bake it longer, but I like to under bake it just a tad to capitalize on the gooey factor.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract, or to taste
- 2 cups plus 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, divided, halved or quartered depending on size of the berry*
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch round pie dish very well with cooking spray; set aside. I used a glass pie dish; baking times may vary if using metal.
- To a large bowl, add 1 cup sugar, flour, salt, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 45 seconds. Wait momentarily before adding the eggs so you don’t scramble them.
- Ad the eggs, extracts, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine; don’t overmix.
- Add 2 cups strawberries and stir to combine; batter is very thick.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pie dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup strawberries over the top, pressing them lightly into the batter.
- Evenly sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the top and bake for about 34 to 39 minutes, or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter. I prefer to underbake slightly (35 minutes) for a more gooey center but it’s personal preference and since all ovens, climates, and berries vary, watch your pie and not the clock.
- Allow pie to cool in pie dish on a wire rack before slicing and serving. Optionally serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Pie will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days.
*I have only made with fresh and cannot comment on using frozen.
Recipe adapted from my Crustless Blueberry Pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
More Easy Strawberry Recipes:
ALL OF MY STRAWBERRY RECIPES!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars – Imagine crossing lemon bars with a strawberry pie. These easy bars taste like strawberry lemonade! Sooo good!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortbread Bars – A buttery shortbread crust topped with cream cheese filling, frosting, and strawberries! Easy and perfect for spring and summer parties!
Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake — This Strawberry Poke Cake uses just four ingredients and is a hit at parties and potlucks! It’s a moist, refreshing dessert you’ll definitely want seconds of!
The Best Strawberry Banana Bread — This strawberry bread is packed with fresh, juicy strawberries in every bite! This is an easy, no-mixer quick bread recipe you’re going to love!
Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Frosting — Soft, tender cake loaded with FRESH strawberries and a sweet strawberry frosting!! An EASY strawberry layer cake that’s perfect for parties! Strawberry fans will LOVE IT!!
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars — The strawberry base is soft and chewy, there are white chocolate chips for extra texture, and sweetened condensed milk peeks through the top.
Strawberry Lemon Crescent Ring — This fast and easy ring that’s ready in 30 minutes has strawberries with lemon and cream cheese incorporated for a tangy pop.