Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Crumble Topping — These buttery bars are bursting with fresh strawberries!! Just 10 minutes of prep, so EASY because the crust and crumble are one and the same, and a crowd FAVORITE every time!!
Easy Strawberry Bar Recipe
This strawberry crumble bar recipe is an easy, one bowl, no mixer recipe that takes just minutes to make.
I adapted the recipe from my Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars. I simply swapped out blueberries for strawberries. I also have a Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars recipe as well that uses raspberry preserves rather than actual fresh raspberries. And stay tuned for a mango version!
The crust and oatmeal crumble topping are one and the same. I love recipes like this so there’s one less step and one less bowl to wash!
These strawberry oatmeal bars aren’t overly sweet and the strawberry flavor shines beautifully, which is why they’re great for a grab-and-go breakfast, brunch, snacks, or a healthy dessert. They’re soft and tender, yet slightly chewy from the oats, and I just adore anything with a crumble topping.
Ingredients in Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
This strawberry oat bars recipe uses ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and panty! This is also an egg-free dessert.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- Lemon juice
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
I used fresh strawberries and haven’t experimented with frozen so cannot give any guidance there.
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
First, you’ll make the buttery oatmeal crumble topping. To do so, melt the butter in a large bowl before adding in some flour, oats, two types of sugar, and salt. Stir all of that together. Note that the mixture should be dry and sandy at this stage.
Set one cup of the mixture aside to be sprinkled on later as the oatmeal crumble topping, then transfer the rest to a greased 8×8-inch baking pan. Pack the mixture into the pan with your hands or a spatula to form a crust layer.
Once the crumble topping and crust have been made, move on to the strawberry filling. In the same bowl you made the topping in, add strawberries, cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar. Toss to combine, then spread the strawberry mixture over the crust.
Sprinkle the reserved crumble topping over the strawberry layer before baking. Bake the bars until the edges are set and the oatmeal crumble topping is just turning golden.
Can I Double This Recipe?
I imagine you can! Simply double the ingredients list and bake the strawberry crumble bars in a 9×13-inch pan. The bake time should be roughly the same.
Tips for the Best Strawberry Bars
You can’t eat these bars straight out of the oven. These strawberry oat bars need time to cool and set, at least an hour. I make them the night before I want them and let them cool uncovered all night. If you try to cut into the bars right away, they’ll fall apart in your hands and will likely scald the roof of your mouth.
They are a great make-ahead dessert and the bars freeze incredibly well and will last up to six months if sealed tightly in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
Go ahead and make a batch or two of these bars when strawberries are in season and thaw them out when you need a little treat.
Pin This Recipe
Crust and Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside. Lining the pan helps with cleanup and is recommended.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Add the flour, oats, sugars, optional salt, and stir to combine. Mixture will be dry and sandy with some larger, well-formed crumble pieces.
- Set 1 heaping cup mixture aside to be sprinkled on later as crumble topping.
- Transfer remaining mixture to prepared pan, and using a spatula or your fingers, hard-pack the mixture to create an even, smooth, flat crust; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (same one used for crust and crumble is okay), add all ingredients and toss to combine. If sugar hasn’t dissolved fully that’s okay because it liquifies while baking.
- Evenly distribute strawberry mixture over the crust.
- Evenly sprinkle with the reserved heaping 1 cup crumble topping mixture. Before sprinkling, I squeeze the mixture in my palm to encourage bigger crumble pieces to form.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until edges are set and center has just set. Crumble topping should appear set and very pale golden and the strawberry filling mixture will be bubbling along the edges. Bars may take longer than 50 to 55 minutes if the strawberries are very juicy. Watch your bars, not the clock, when evaluating doneness.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow bars to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. If you try to slice bars before they’ve cooled completely, they’ll be extremely messy and could fall apart.
Crust and Crumble Topping:
Oats: Don’t use quick cook or instant, because they’re finer and behave like flour and will make the mixture too dry.
Storage: Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, in the fridge for up to 10 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes:
Crustless Fresh Strawberry Pie — FAST, super EASY, no-mixer dessert that’s perfect for summer entertaining, picnics, or potlucks!! Somewhere in between pie, cake, and blondies is what you get with this FABULOUS recipe! Take advantage of those FRESH strawberries!!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars – Imagine crossing lemon bars with a strawberry pie. These easy bars taste like strawberry lemonade!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortbread Bars – A buttery shortbread crust topped with cream cheese filling, frosting, and strawberries! Easy and perfect for spring and summer parties!
Strawberry Custard Bars — Easy no mixer bars with a shortbread crust, one pound of fresh berries, a layer of sweet custard, and creamy whipped topping!! A perfect warm weather dessert that everyone LOVES!!
Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake — This Strawberry Poke Cake uses just four ingredients and is a hit at parties and potlucks! It’s a moist, refreshing dessert you’ll definitely want seconds of!
The Best Strawberry Banana Bread — This strawberry bread is packed with fresh, juicy strawberries in every bite! This is an easy, no-mixer quick bread recipe you’re going to love!
Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Frosting — Soft, tender cake loaded with FRESH strawberries and a sweet strawberry frosting!! An EASY strawberry layer cake that’s perfect for parties! Strawberry fans will LOVE IT!!
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars — The strawberry base is soft and chewy, there are white chocolate chips for extra texture, and sweetened condensed milk peeks through the top.
Strawberry Lemon Crescent Ring — This fast and easy ring that’s ready in 30 minutes has strawberries with lemon and cream cheese incorporated for a tangy pop.