Easy Jalapeño and Red Pepper Cheese Ball
This post may contain affiliate links.
This is Superbowl food all the way.
Or game day food, easy party food, or cheese-spread-as-your-dinner food.
Simply combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and stir. In less than five minutes, you’re done. The best kind of recipe and it’s naturally gluten-free.
I de-seeded the jalapeño because not everyone likes things quite as spicy and hurts-so-good as I do, but if your friends and family can handle the heat, keep some or all of the seeds in.
I used light cream cheese in an effort to reduce some of the decadence.
And then proceeded to roll the cheese ball in a cup of nuts. But of course.
I used one half cup each of Fisher Chopped Walnuts and Fisher Natural Sliced Almonds. There’s no added salt, sugar, preservatives, or anything you don’t want in Fisher Nuts which is why they’re such a great choice for cooking.
I especially loved the buttery crunch of the walnuts contrasted against the smooth, creamy cheese. So good.
The tiny bits of peppers add nice color, great texture and big, bold flavor to the cheese ball. You can optionally incorporate chives, green or red onion, corn, or bacon bits if you wanted to really go all out.
- two 8-ounce packages brick-style cream cheese, very well softened (lite is okay)
- 8-ounces grated sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper with seeds and stem removed (about 1/2 of a medium/large pepper)
- 1/3 cup finely diced jalapeño pepper with seeds and stem removed (about 1 medium/large pepper; if you want spread extra-spicy keep some or all of the seeds)
- 2 finely minced cloves of peeled garlic
- optional 1/3 cup of chives, green or red onion, corn, or bacon bits
- 1/2 cup Fisher Chopped Walnuts, or as necessary to fully cover cheese ball
- 1/2 cup Fisher Natural Sliced Almonds, or as necessary to fully cover cheese ball
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except nuts, and stir to combine or use a handheld electric mixer and beat on low speed to combine. Make sure cream cheese is very well softened before beginning or it will be unnecessarily difficult to combine the ingredients.
- Using a spatula (or your hands), pat mixture into a ball inside bowl; it’s okay if it’s not perfectly round.
- Turn ball out onto a large piece of plasticwrap and wrap it up. Gently pat it into a nice smooth ball, and place ball inside a ziptop bag to prevent fridge smells. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, to chill and firm up.
- Prior to serving, combine the walnuts and almonds in a medium bowl and gently roll the ball in nuts until it’s completely covered. Cheese ball will keep for at least 1 week airtight in the fridge and can be made many days in advance; however, don’t roll in nuts until day of serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 713Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 22g
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip (gluten-free) – One of my favorite dips and I used to think I hated onions. Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy comfort food!
Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – Comes together in five minutes in the microwave. Creamy, cheesy, with just a bit of heat!
Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip – Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in a dip that everyone loves!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip (GF) – The classic dip, topped with cheese because cheese makes everything better!
Corn and Double Cheese Dip (vegan, GF, fat free, serve warm or cold) – A five-minute dip to toss together and full of texture from the corn and peppers!
Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip – A no-bake, easy dip that’s packed with bold flavor! A perfect party dip and you get to eat the bowl!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor and cheese!
Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread – No starter required and so easy! It tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery! Who can resist homemade cheesy bread!
Post is brought to you by Fisher. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #thinkfisher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.