Easy Jalapeño and Red Pepper Cheese Ball
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Jalapeño Cheese Ball — Just spicy enough that the more you have, the more you want!! A fast, easy, and foolproof hit!!
Spicy Cheese Ball Recipe
This is Super Bowl food all the way. Or game day food, easy party food, or cheese-spread-as-your-dinner food. If you can make meals out of appetizers and dips like I can, especially of the cheesy variety, you’re going to love this cream cheese ball recipe.
Simply combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and stir. In less than five minutes, you’re done. The best kind of recipe and it’s naturally gluten-free.
I used light cream cheese in an effort to reduce some of the decadence. And then proceeded to roll the cheese ball in a cup of nuts. But of course.
I used one half cup each of Fisher Chopped Walnuts and Fisher Natural Sliced Almonds. There’s no added salt, sugar, preservatives, or anything you don’t want in Fisher Nuts which is why they’re such a great choice for cooking.
I especially loved the buttery crunch of the walnuts contrasted against the smooth, creamy cheese. So good.
The tiny bits of peppers add nice color, great texture and big, bold flavor to the cheese ball.
What’s in This Jalapeño Cheese Ball?
To make this easy cheese ball recipe, all you’ll need is:
- Cream cheese
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Red bell pepper
- Jalapeño pepper
- Fisher Chopped Walnuts
- Fisher Natural Sliced Almonds
How to Make a Jalapeño Cheese Ball
Cream cheese balls are one of the easiest appetizers you can make! To make this recipe, simply mix together all of the ingredients except the nuts.
Then, pat the mixture into a ball. Carefully transfer the cheese ball to a piece of plastic wrap and wrap it up.
Chill the spicy cheese ball in the fridge for at least three hours before serving it. When ready to serve, roll it in the nut mixture.
Can You Prep This Cheese Ball in Advance?
Yes! This jalapeño cheese ball will last up to 1 week in the fridge and can be made two or three days before you plan on serving it. Wait to roll it in nuts until you’re ready to serve.
Can You Freeze a Cheese Ball?
Yes, you can freeze the cheese ball before coating it in nuts. Wrap it in a few layers of plastic wrap and a layer or two of foil, then freeze for up to three months. To thaw, place in the fridge overnight.
What to Serve with This Spicy Cheese Ball
Cream cheese balls pair well with anything carb-y. Some of my favorite things to dip into a cheese ball are:
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Baguette slices
- Veggie sticks
Tips for Making the Best Cheese Ball
Make sure the cream cheese is very well softened before beginning this recipe, or it will be unnecessarily difficult to combine the ingredients.
I de-seeded the jalapeño because not everyone likes things quite as spicy and hurts-so-good as I do, but if your friends and family can handle the heat, keep some or all of the seeds in.
You can optionally incorporate chives, green or red onion, corn, or bacon bits in the outer coating if you wanted to really go all out.
- two 8-ounce packages brick-style cream cheese, very well softened (lite is okay)
- 8-ounces grated sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper with seeds and stem removed (about 1/2 of a medium/large pepper)
- 1/3 cup finely diced jalapeño pepper with seeds and stem removed (about 1 medium/large pepper; if you want spread extra-spicy keep some or all of the seeds)
- 2 finely minced cloves of peeled garlic
- optional 1/3 cup of chives, green or red onion, corn, or bacon bits
- 1/2 cup Fisher Chopped Walnuts, or as necessary to fully cover cheese ball
- 1/2 cup Fisher Natural Sliced Almonds, or as necessary to fully cover cheese ball
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except nuts, and stir to combine or use a handheld electric mixer and beat on low speed to combine. Make sure cream cheese is very well softened before beginning or it will be unnecessarily difficult to combine the ingredients.
- Using a spatula (or your hands), pat mixture into a ball inside bowl; it’s okay if it’s not perfectly round.
- Turn ball out onto a large piece of plasticwrap and wrap it up. Gently pat it into a nice smooth ball, and place ball inside a ziptop bag to prevent fridge smells.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, to chill and firm up.
- Prior to serving, combine the walnuts and almonds in a medium bowl and gently roll the ball in nuts until it’s completely covered.
Storage: Cheese ball will keep for at least 1 week airtight in the fridge and can be made many days in advance; however, don’t roll in nuts until day of serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 713Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 22g
More Cheesy Dips:
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip – One of my favorite dips and I used to think I hated onions. Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy comfort food!
Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip – Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in a dip that everyone loves!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip – The classic dip, topped with cheese because cheese makes everything better!
Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip — A no-bake, easy dip that’s packed with bold flavor! A perfect party dip and you get to eat the bowl!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor and cheese!
16 Cheesy Dips To Make Now – Fast, EASY, foolproof, and nothing compares to gooey, heavenly, melted CHEESE!! Perfect for holiday parties, game day parties, or your next cozy night on the couch!!
Post is brought to you by Fisher. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #thinkfisher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.