Flourless Blueberry Banana Blender Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links.
Three years ago I made Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins. Then made an all chocolate version and made the recipe into a cake. The recipe has been so popular that I decided to make a blueberry version.
Guess what? The muffins are gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and they’re under 100 calories each. Here are the stats.
That’s right – no flour or oats, no butter, and no added white or brown sugar yet they’re incredibly moist, super soft, perfectly sweet, and are bursting with blueberries.
Sweetness comes from banana, honey, and blueberries. Moisture comes from almond butter. While you can taste the banana, the blueberries take center stage and the almond butter flavor is in the background.
I used this no-stir almond butter which is thick and more like peanut butter. I haven’t tried using runnier almond butters, but many readers have commented they’ve successfully made these muffins with traditional almond butter.
I opted for almond butter rather than peanut butter because I think it’s more neutral tasting and works better with blueberries. There’s a trace amount of sugar in the almond butter so if you’re trying to keep these totally sugar-free, use a different almond butter.
I used frozen blueberries but you can use fresh noting the baking time will likely be reduced because the batter won’t be as cold going into the oven. Since mini muffin pans vary in size, bake until your muffins are done. I prefer these muffins as mini because I love mini food and the texture is perfect and they’re so poppable, but I’m sure full-size muffins would work although I haven’t tried.
- 1 medium/large ripe banana, peeled
- 1 large egg
- heaping 1/2 cup creamy, no-stir almond butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey (agave or maple syrup may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen; if using frozen add them to batter frozen and don’t thaw)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray mini muffin pans very well with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pans; set aside. If keeping gluten-free, simply use cooking spray or grease the pan.
- To the canister of a blender, add the banana, egg, almond butter, honey, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and blend on high speed until smoothy and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the blueberries and stir in by hand. Work quickly and don’t overmix as blueberries have a tendency to ‘stain’ batters.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop, add 1 rounded tablespoon of batter to each muffin pan cavity, filling to 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the tops are set, domed, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. If using fresh blueberries, you’ll likely need to reduce baking time since batter won’t be as cold going into the oven. Due to their small size, and oven and muffin pan variances, watch your muffins closely and bake until done. Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 10 minutes, or until they’ve firmed up and are cool enough to handle. Muffins will sink slightly as they cool. Muffins are best fresh, but will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins – Gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, under 100 calories each, and they taste amazing!
Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Blender Muffins (GF) – No refined sugar, flour, oil, and only 75 calories! They taste amazing!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blender Cake – NO white sugar, NO oil, NO butter, NO flour! Made in a blender and the easiest cake ever! You won’t believe how amazing it tastes until you try it for yourself!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies (GF) – No flour, no butter, and no white sugar used! Soft, perfectly chewy, and packed with bold peanut butter flavor!
Skinny Blueberry Muffins – No butter and very low sugar but you’ll never notice! Easy, no mixer, soft, fluffy, and bursting with blueberries in every bite!
Extra Soft and Moist Blueberry Muffins – No oil and almost no butter yet they’re the moistest muffins ever! All those blueberries make them impossible to resist!
The Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins – Healthy and you’ll never know they’re vegan and made with an unlikely ingredient!
Blueberry Muffins with Raspberry Jam Swirls – Soft, tender blueberry muffins with swirls of raspberry jam!
Lightened Up Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake – No BUTTER in this healthier cake with big juicy blueberries and refreshing lemon! It’s a keeper!
Brown Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread with Blueberry Butter – Blueberry coffee cake meets super soft banana bread! So good!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.