Honey Garlic Meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked Honey Garlic Meatballs — These honey garlic meatballs are easy, can be prepped in advance, and hold well at room temp. They’re juicy, tender, and the honey garlic sauce gives them so much flavor!
Baked Honey Garlic Meatballs
Recently I was having an informal get-together with friends and was thinking about what to make that most everyone would enjoy. And that’s easy on me as the cook, that can be prepped in advance, and that holds reasonably well at room temp.
I decided that cocktail meatballs would be great and everyone loved these. You can either serve these honey garlic meatballs more fancy with toothpicks or in a big ole bowl.
They’re juicy, tender, and the honey garlic sauce gives them so much flavor. They’re perfect for parties, events, holidays, game days, tailgating, or just because.
After baking, it’s as easy as tossing them in the delectable honey garlic sauce. The sauce is how the word awesomesauce came to be, I’m sure.
What’s in Honey Garlic Meatballs?
This honey garlic meatball recipe has two components: the baked meatballs and the honey garlic sauce. Here’s what you’ll need for the homemade meatballs:
- Ground beef
- Sweet Vidalia onion
- Salt and pepper
And for the honey garlic sauce, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Low-sodium soy sauce
How to Make Honey Garlic Meatballs
Cooking meatballs in the oven is a breeze! Simply combine the ground beef meatball ingredients and scoop into 2-tablespoon balls. Bake until the centers of the meatballs are no longer pink and are cooked through.
Meanwhile, stir together the honey garlic sauce in a skillet over medium heat. Once the meatballs are baked, gently stir into the sauce and continue cooking until the honey garlic sauce has thickened.
How Long to Bake Meatballs
These honey garlic baked meatballs need to bake for roughly 17 to 20 minutes. Keep in mind that I used a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out the meatballs. Larger meatballs will need more time in the oven.
Can I Prep Cocktail Meatballs in Advance?
Yes! I prepped these honey garlic meatballs the night before by forming the balls and keeping them covered in the fridge until I was ready to bake them off the day of my event.
Tips for Making Cocktail Meatballs
Be sure to mix the meatball ingredients together until just combined. You don’t want to over work the ground beef, otherwise you’ll wind up with tough meatballs.
To make cleanup easier, I always line my baking trays with aluminum foil. This ensures the honey garlic meatballs don’t stick to the pan.
These cocktail meatballs are best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground sirloin (I used 90% lean ground sirloin)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup sweet Vidalia onions, diced small (yellow or white onions may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or finely pressed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the beef, egg, milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop (or your hands) form approximately 18 to 20 meatballs. After scooping out the meatballs with a cookie scoop, use your hands to roll into smooth balls and place on prepared baking sheet, spaced about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for about 17 to 20 minutes, or until centers of meatballs are no longer pink and are cooked through; set aside.
- To a large skillet add the butter and heat over medium heat to melt.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, stirring frequently, or until garlic is tender and fragrant.
- Add the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, and stir to combine.
- Add the meatballs, toss and stir gently to coat evenly, and simmer over low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened some and meatballs well coated; stir intermittently.
- Transfer meatballs to a serving platter or bowl, insert a toothpick into each meatball if desired, and serve.
- Meatballs are best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g
More Easy Appetizers:
Mexican Meatballs with Tomato Avocado Salad – These FAST and EASY beef meatballs are coated are loaded with Mexican-inspired flavors the whole family will LOVE!! Great for busy weeknight dinners or easy-breezy entertaining!!
Baked Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings — The easiest wings ever because there’s NO frying involved!! And they’re healthier this way, too! Tender, juicy, with just the right amount of kick! Perfect for parties and game days!
Baked Thick-Cut Seasoned Oven Fries — Learn the secrets to creating restaurant-style oven fries! They’re baked rather than fried so you can have extra!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip — Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas — Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Beer and Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Sliders – Chicken is cooked with beer and bourbon before being soaked in bbq sauce! So juicy, flavorful, easy, and ready in 25 minutes!
Ham and Cheese Sliders — Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping! Fast, easy, and a party favorite!
Loaded Beef Skillet Nachos — EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and LOADED with taco-seasoned ground beef, black beans, corn, cilantro, and lots of CHEESE!! Great for parties, game days, after school snacks, or a cheat night dinner!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.