Loaded Christmas Bark — This EASY, no-bake chocolate bark is LOADED with goodies!! Oreos, M&M’s, peanuts, pretzels, and sprinkles! Great for holiday parties and cookie exchanges! Salty, sweet, and addictively good!!
No-Bake Chocolate Christmas Bark
Christmas bark is something I remember fondly from childhood. Except the kind my mom and the neighbor ladies made wasn’t quite as doctored up as this version. ‘Tis the season and the more goodies the merrier is the way I look at it. Fa la la la la.
This is a ridiculously easy no-bake treat with Oreos, pretzels, peanuts, M&Ms, white chocolate chips, and holiday sprinkles all embedded into dark chocolate. In this busy season, the words “no-bake” are Santa’s gifts to me.
It’s salty, sweet, and crunchy with so much texture and flavor in every bite. It hits all my dessert hot buttons and is perfect for cookie exchanges or impromptu holiday parties.
Ingredients in Christmas Bark Candy
To make this easy no-bake Christmas treat, you’ll need:
- Salted peanuts
- Chocolate (semi-sweet or dark)
- Holiday M&M’s
- White chocolate chips
- Holiday sprinkles
What’s the Best Chocolate for Christmas Bark?
I use Trader Joe’s Pound Plus Bars because they melt beautifully and are well-priced. Specifically I use one-half pound of the 72% and one-half pound of the Dark.
If you can’t find it in your area, look for chocolate candy melts or try buying chocolate in bulk bins that looks like small discs.
As a last resort, use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips because chocolate chips have stabilizers in them cause the chocolate chips to resist easy melting.
How to Make Christmas Bark
This has got to be the easiest Christmas chocolate bark ever! Here’s a look at how the recipe comes together:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scatter the Oreos, pretzels, peanuts over the parchment paper.
- Evenly drizzle the mixture with melted chocolate.
- Before chocolate sets, evenly top with the M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Let set until hardened before breaking and eating.
Can I Add Extra Toppings?
Feel free to add whatever goodies you have on hand. I made my Christmas bark with pretzels, M&M’s, and other goodies but peanut butter cups, leftover Halloween candy, etc. would also work — trash it up however you see fit.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
How to Store Chocolate Bark
Bark will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, in the fridge for at least 1 month, and in the freezer for at least 4 months. I store mine in the fridge (it’s warm in San Diego even in the winter) and take it out about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Tips for Making Christmas Bark Candy
Tempering the chocolate: I did NOT temper the chocolate to make the chocolate bark and no one complained. Tempering the chocolate would make it shiny once set to room temperature and would also give it more of a snap.
If you know how to temper chocolate and have the patience to do it this holiday season, go for it. Otherwise the bark is so loaded with toppings that I don’t think it matters one way or another.
Allergies: This is a very easy no-bake dessert to make allergy-friendly. Check the pretzels and other toppings to make sure they’re gluten-free, for example. Use your favorite vegan chocolate. Omit the peanuts if you have a peanut allergy, and so on.
Pin This Recipe
- 12 Oreos, quartered
- about 1 1/2 cups pretzels, coarsely chopped or broken
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1 pound semi-sweet or dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used Trader Joe’s Pound Plus Bars; one-half pound of the 72% and one-half pound of the Dark; read blog post for tips)
- 1/2 cup holiday colored M&Ms (I used plain but you can use peanut or your favorite variety)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons holiday colored sprinkles, or as desired
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter the Oreos, pretzels, peanuts, and toss with your hands to mix. The dry ingredients should be touching but not overlapping; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate and heat on high power for 30 seconds to melt. Stop to check and stir. Reheat in 15 second bursts until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Evenly drizzle the chocolate over the dry mixture on baking sheet. If there are stray dry ingredients around the perimeter that didn’t get coated with chocolate, it’s okay to toss them on top of the chocolate so they adhere.
- Before chocolate sets, evenly sprinkle the M&Ms, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Place tray in fridge or freezer until chocolate sets before breaking into pieces and serving.
Storage: Bark will keep airtight at room temp for up to 2 weeks, in the fridge for at least 1 month, and in the freezer for at least 4 months. I store mine in the fridge (it’s warm in San Diego even in the winter) and take it out about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
More Christmas Cookie Exchange Ideas:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks — EASY, NO-BAKE treats that are a holiday favorite! They have it all: Salty, sweet, crunchy, and gooey with chocolate and peanut butter! Great for cookie exchanges or impromptu parties!
White Chocolate-Dipped Oreo Cookie Balls – Easy, no-bake recipe for the classic truffles that everyone loves!
Cowboy Bark: Trader Joe’s Copycat Recipe — Just like the real thing and ready in 5 minutes. Salty-and-sweet and supremely good!
The Easiest Foolproof Fudge Recipe — Look no further than this recipe for the EASIEST and most FOOLPROOF fudge that takes less than 3 minutes to make!
Holiday Special K Bars — Super chewy, gooey, FAST, easy, no-bake cereal bars loaded with peanut butter, chocolate, and sprinkles!! Like scotcheroos but with Special K!
Reindeer Chow — A holiday twist on classic Muddy Buddies that’s EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for hostess gifts or cookie exchanges!
Gingerbread Truffles – EASY NO-BAKE gingerbread truffles that are perfect for the holidays!! Who can say no to silky smooth truffles??
Loaded Christmas Puppy Chow — This fast, easy, no-bake holiday treat is LOADED with all the good stuff! Chocolate, peanut butter, sugar, M&Ms, peanut butter cups, and pretzels for a salty-sweet, crunchy, and addictive snack!