No-Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cereal Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
These bars are a hybrid of some of my favorite bars.
And they’re so good. And so easy.
Ever since I made the Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars, I’ve been thinking about how to remake them in a slightly new way.
These bars are based heavily on those, but instead of using Rice Krispies, I used Special K. You could also use Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, or a similar vegan or gluten-free cereal.
Plus, marshmallows are more well-behaved in the Caribbean heat and don’t melt everywhere like chocolate.
No-bake bars like these are always nice so you don’t have to heat up your house, especially this time of year.
And they’re made in one bowl in the microwave, and take less than 5 minutes to stir together. Usually it’s the fast and easy recipes people seem to make anyway, and you can add this one to the Fast and Easy list.
There’s no butter in the recipe, but you’d never guess it because they’re exceedingly buttery-tasting and rich.
The microwave-made sauce drenches the cereal in a sweet, brown sugary, caramel-vanilla, peanut buttery syrup and holds the bars together.
I love bars that I can really sink my teeth into, and these deliver.
They’re dense, wonderfully soft, with tons of chewiness and texture from the cereal and marshmallows.
Peanut butter has a way of making everything taste so good and decadent.
Even Special K.
- 1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter (use Jif, Skippy, or similar; do not use natural or homemade peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup (light colored, not lite)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Special K cereal (Corn Flakes may be subsituted, or use about 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal)
- about 5 ounces marshmallows (half of one standard bag; I used large but mini are ideal)
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil leaving overhang, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 heaping cup peanut butter, corn syrup, sugars, and heat on high power for 1 minute to melt.
- Stop to stir. Mixture will be on the granular side, this is okay.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for 1 more minute on high power.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the cereal and marshmallows. The marshmallows will melt to some extent, but not fully.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan, packing it down somewhat firmly with a spatula, and smooth the top.
- Cover pan with a sheet of foil (to prevent fridge smells), and place pan in fridge to set up for about 2 hours or until set, before lifting out with foil overhang, slicing, and serving.
- Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 7g
Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars (no-bake, vegan, GF)
Peanut Chewy Payday Bars (almost no-bake)
Browned Butter Rice Krispies Treats – The best RKTs I have ever had. Double the butter and it’s browned, for great flavor and soft, buttery, chewy bars
Peanut Butter Caramel Twix Bars (almost no-bake)
What’s your favorite no-bake or fast and easy dessert?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.