PB & J will always be near and dear to my heart. One of those classic flavor combinations that you can never go wrong with and now it’s PB & J in smoothie form.
Although this sounds like a total rookie smoothie-making admission, I have never been able to get the perfect PB & J flavor I’ve always wanted in a PB & J smoothie until now.
Either the peanut butter overpowered the jelly flavor completely. Or the berry combinations I was using to achieve the jelly flavor weren’t right, usually too tart, and sour berries in a smoothie are the worst.
I’ve even tried adding actual jelly but it got lost since peanut butter is such a dominating flavor. The smoothie gets its jelly flavor from berries rather than actual jelly.
My solutions to perfecting this smoothie include using a very ripe banana. You can’t taste the banana but it adds oomph, creaminess, and great sweetness to the smoothie. And use vanilla Greek yogurt which also adds thickness and creaminess.
And of course don’t be skimpy on the peanut butter. This is what I call the perfect peanut butter and jelly smoothie.
Pin This Recipe
PB & J Smoothie
- one medium ripe banana, frozen into chunks if possible
- one 6-ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt, I use Trader Joe’s 0% Fat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- about 2/3 cup frozen berries, i.e. raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or similar (I use Trader Joe’s Berry Medley)
- heaping 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- about 1/2 cup milk, plus more as necessary for consistency and texture (I use unsweetened cashewmilk)
- ice cubes if necessary, to taste (I don’t need them because my fruit is frozen)
- optional sweetener to taste, i.e. Splenda, granulated sugar, stevia, honey, agave, etc.
- Add the banana, yogurt, frozen berries, peanut butter, and 1/2 cup milk to the canister of a blender. Blend on high power and drizzle in additional milk, as needed, until desired smoothie texture and consistency is achieved. Optionally add ice or sweetener if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
75+ Peanut Butter Recipes on my blog!
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumble Bars – Soft and chewy peanut buttery bars topped with strawberry jelly and a crispy oatmeal crumble topping! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’ll be your new favorite way to eat PB & J!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies – An easy, no-mixer recipe with swirls of peanut butter and jelly baked into soft, tender blondies!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins – Change up the way you eat PB&J and try it baked into these easy muffins!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies – No-bake, vegan, GF, and a healthier way to get your PB&J cookie fix!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies – A fun spin on traditional thumbprints with these easy, no-bake, vegan, GF cookies!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola (Whole Foods Copycat) – A copycat granola with PB&J flavors! You’re going to want way more than a handful!
Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie – Just 3 ingredients and no added sugar in this sweet and creamy smoothie! Love it when healthy tastes so good!
The Best 15 Healthy Smoothies – Fast, easy, and tasty smoothie recipes that’ll keep you full and satisfied and are skinny jeans-friendly!