Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie
This Frozen Fruit Smoothie is packed with berries, strawberry yogurt, and cashew milk. Smoothie recipes with frozen fruit are the best because they don’t need any ice to reach the perfect consistency!
Creating This Frozen Fruit Smoothie With Yogurt
I love smoothies. They’re fast, easy, healthy, and refreshing. This one has just three ingredients but you’d never know it based on how creamy, smooth, and satisfying it is.
I got the ingredients at Vons. Look for the “new” tag at your local Von’s or Safeway stores to find new items like these at great values. I used Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk, Silk Strawberry Dairy-Free Yogurt, and a frozen mixed berry blend of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
I love baking and making smoothies with Silk products because they’re so low in calories and fat, they’re vegan and dairy-free, and I always get impressive-tasting results.
By using frozen fruit, I didn’t need to add ice, which can water down smoothies. Plus frozen is cheaper and readily available even when it’s not berry season.
Between the naturally sweet fruit and the strawberry yogurt, I didn’t need to add sugar to the smoothie. Love it when that happens!
The recipe as written will serve two, and you can freeze the second portion for later. Or get creative and make frozen yogurt popsicles with it. However you try it, you’re going to love it!
How to Make a Fruit Smoothie
To make this frozen fruit and yogurt smoothie, you’ll need frozen mixed berries (or any frozen fruit you like), Silk Strawberry Dairy-Free Yogurt, and Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk. Add the frozen fruit smoothie ingredients into a blender, but reserve half of the cashew milk.
Blend the smoothie ingredients until smooth, and pour in the remaining cashew milk slowly until desired consistency is reached. For a thicker fruit and yogurt smoothie, add less cashew milk. And for a thinner smoothie, add a little more.
This healthy fruit smoothie can be frozen for up to one month (just cover the top of the glass with plastic wrap or store in a sealed container). When you’re ready to enjoy the prepped smoothie, let it rest on the counter for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Tips for the Best Fruit Smoothie
The frozen fruit in this easy smoothie recipe can be substituted with fresh fruit, if desired. You’ll need to add a handful of ice, though. If berries are in season, you can buy them fresh and freeze them the night before!
Also, feel free to switch out the other ingredients as you see fit. Play around with the yogurt flavor you use, or use plain yogurt and sweeten with a little honey or maple syrup instead.
And any non-dairy milk from Silk would pair nicely with the flavors of this smoothie, so don’t feel like you have to limit yourself to cashew milk.
More Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
- Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Under 100 calories for a creamy, rich & satisfying smoothie that tastes like the real deal!
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie (vegan, GF) – A healthy, no-sugar-added smoothie that tastes like a blueberry pie! So good!
- Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies – No added sugar! Cool, refreshing and they go down so easily! Optionally add alcohol and makes a great party drink.
- Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (vegan, GF) – No sugar needed in this refreshing, 3-ingredient, healthy smoothie!
- Make-Ahead Smoothie Freezer Packs — Prep your breakfasts and snacks for the week with these easy and DELISH freezer pack smoothie recipes!! They’ll make your mornings and your life so much EASIER!!
- Strawberry Coconut Pina Colada Smoothie — A smoothie that tastes like a strawberry pina colada!! Fast, easy, refreshing, naturally sweet, and made with ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS!!
- 8 ounces (1 heaping cup) frozen mixed berries*
- 6 ounces Silk Strawberry Dairy-Free Yogurt (or your favorite)
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk (or your favorite milk)
- Add the fruit, yogurt, and about 1/2 cup milk to the canister of a blender or food processor. Blend on high power and drizzle in remaining milk, as needed, until desired smoothie texture and consistency is achieved. Serve immediately.
- Extra portion will keep in a freezer-safe (plastic) glass for up to 1 month in the freezer. Allow to thaw at room temp for about 1 hour before serving. Alternatively, freeze extra portion in popsicle molds.
*I used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries; fresh may be substituted but you’ll need to add ice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 7gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
Even More Easy Smoothie Recipes:
The Best 15 Healthy Smoothies – Fast, easy, and tasty smoothie recipes that’ll keep you full and satisfied and are skinny jeans-friendly!
Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Like a strawberry milkshake but healthier! Sweet, creamy and satisfying!
Tropical Green Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a Pina Colada. Sweet, creamy, healthy and gives me more energy than coffee!
Pineapple Banana & Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a virgin pina colada. Sweet, creamy, refreshing and healthy! No need to add sugar since the fruit is sweet enough!
Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Work in extra Vitamin C with this smooth, creamy, easy and healthy smoothie!
Cherry Revitalizer Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Gives you energy and leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized!
Post is brought to you by Safeway. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. In other areas look for your local Safeway, Cons, CARRS, Tom Thumb, or Randalls. #safeway