Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
This post may contain affiliate links.
When I was writing Cooking With Pumpkin, the recipe that stressed me out the most was pumpkin pie.
From making the crust to creating the perfect filling, I was obsessed with making the perfect pumpkin pie.
After all, a pumpkin cookbook needs to nail the pumpkin pie. Thankfully this pie is stress-free.
It has a buttery, graham cracker crust that’s fast, easy, and the crunchy crumbs are the perfect contrast to the creamy filling. Best of all, no traditional pie crust to make, roll out, or fuss with.
Normally I’m not much of a crust person, but when it’s a graham cracker crust, look out. I loved this crust so much that I was asking my family if they were going to eat their crust because I wanted it.
The filling is made with one of Breyers new 36 Gluten Free Varieties. They have four versions of vanilla – Natural, French, Extra Creamy, and Homemade. The Extra Creamy sounded good to me and it delivered. It’s definitely very creamy, smooth, and helped create a perfectly creamy pie filling.
Please note that the pie isn’t gluten-free unless you use certified gluten-free ingredients. Always read labels to make sure everything works for your dietary needs.
The filling is made with Breyers Gluten Free Extra Creamy Vanilla, pumpkin puree, and it’s nicely flavored with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. The pumpkin flavor really shines through.
It’s like eating
a giant Pac-Man a piece of frozen ice cream birthday cake but instead of cake, it’s pumpkin pie. A new one for me, but so good. And so easy.
You can make it weeks in advance and keep it in the freezer since it’s ice cream after all. It’s a nice recipe to remember for Thanksgiving pumpkin pie-making because you can do it far in advance. The best kind of pie.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted (about 5 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (use gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups Breyers Gluten Free Extra Creamy Vanilla, well-softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream or whipped topping for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pie dish, hard packing it with a spatula or your fingers, making sure to extend the mixture up around the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes; set aside to cool. While pie cools, make the filling.
- To a large mixing bowl (same one used for the crust is okay, wipe it down with a paper towel) add the ice cream, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and combined.
- Pour filling into crust and place in the freezer to chill for at least 4+ hours (overnight is fine) or until set.
- Prior to slicing, you may with to place pie on counter for about 15 minutes so it’s not as firm. Optionally, top with whipped cream before serving. Pie will keep covered in the freezer for at least one month.
Recipe adapted from Breyers Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Caramel Apple Crumble Pie – Apple Pie meets Apple Crumble meets plenty of gooey caramel. Easy, fast, 5-minutes to assemble. Goofproof recipe for those of us who aren’t pie-makers!
Salted Caramel Swirled-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – Pumpkin, caramel, and the best graham cracker crust!
The Best French Silk Pie – Homemade French Silk is the most amazing thing ever! You HAVE to make this! Beyond words how crazy good it is!!
No-Bake Deep-Dish Peanut Butter Snickers Pie with Salted Caramel – An Oreo crust with a peanut butter filling and topped with Snickers and caramel!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache – The softest, moistest and best pumpkin cake! Easy & everyone loves it!
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft and are like biting into a piece of rich pumpkin fudge! Loaded with chocolate and crazy good!!
Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and the official release date is October 6.
There’s over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon.
Post is brought to you by Breyers. Recipe, text, images, and opinions are my own. For nutritional information on Breyers original recipe, please visit their site.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.