Cheezy Kale Chips
This post may contain affiliate links.
I love kale chips and here’s my recipe with a visual guide below
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours)
- 1 red bell pepper (de-seeded)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Dash Black Pepper
- Optional: 1/2 Tsp of Agave
- Optional: Splash of water if mixture is too thick to blend
- 1 bunch kale, washed and trimmed
- Blend all ingredients (other than kale) together in your Vita-Mix, blender, or food processor. (I processed my cashews for 30 secs alone, first but not necessary)
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl and pour sauce mixture over kale and massage it into the kale very well using your hands.
- Dehydrate for 4 to 8 hours, or until desired crispness is reached, flipping intermittently.
- Or, bake in a 200F oven (optionally keep with the door ajar) for about 3 hours, or until done and crispy, flipping intermittently.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
Smooth consistency but not perfectly pureed is how I prefer it
Wash and de-stem one large bunch of kale and tear into pieces and pour the mixture on top
Massage in with your hands & Put on Teflex lined screens to Dehydrate
(last time I made them I didn’t have my Teflex screen liners and let’s just say the chip coating mixture leaked everywhere. Not so fun. I was way more prepared today!)
It’s unseasonably hot here today, like 100F. I don’t need a dehydrator, I could just put my kale chips on my back patio table and roll that way. Kidding, sort of.
But into the Magic Box they went.
It has been suggested to dehydrate at 105 F for 12 hours. I have a tendency to dehydrate a little warmer and for less amount of time, but that’s because I am impatient and want to start munchin’ my chips!
….After their time in the Magic Box, I finally got to enjoy!
Thin-n-crispyraw vegan kale chip
Some of them still have a lil of the chunky red pepper action going onbecause the coating mixture was smooth-ish but not totally pureed as I noted
And if they make it a container, you can put all your chippy’s into a reusable container or just devour 2 screens worth at once. I won’t tell. Promise. They are savory, cheesy, crunchy, and I totally wouldn’t blame you!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.