I recently received the new Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes Cookbook before its available in stores (release date is September 13, 2012)
It’s possibly the last cookbook you’ll need for a while because it has 1,485 recipes in it and is 985 pages.
A light read.
This hard-bound collection commemorates 20 years of the best submitted recipes. It’s filled with mouth-watering favorites that will be sure to bring families together again for a new experience at the dinner table, and to enjoy a weekly meal, a special holiday or occasion.
Life is a collection of moments and Taste of Home is all about making those moments special and memorable. Each recipe has a very personal story of what it has meant to those who submitted it and their families.
Each recipe has been evaluated and selected by the Taste of Home test kitchen as the best of the best and can be recreated in your kitchen with readily accessible ingredients.
Taste of Home is a go-to resource for the holidays and any time of the year for information on food, cooking and entertaining. Each year, thousands of great home cooks from across the United States and Canada submit more than 40,000 recipes, of which 3,000 are published in Taste of Home magazines and online, making Taste of Home one of the largest and most successful practitioners of user generated content.
Before being published, every recipe is tested in the Taste of Home Test Kitchen to ensure that it can be prepared with affordable, everyday ingredients from regular grocery stores.
What’s included in the Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes Cookbook:
- This special collection includes more than 1,400 of the most requested, most beloved dishes, all submitted by Taste of Home readers
- Each recipe has been evaluated and selected by Taste of Home, which ensures that it can be prepared with affordable everyday ingredients.
- Practical and proven tips to help every kind of cook enjoy perfect results every time
- Personal stories and memories from contributors are sprinkled throughout
- Lists Prep/Cook Times
- Top 100 favorite recipes marked with an icon
- Easy-to-follow directions
- How-to photos and cooking tips
- Personal stories accompany recipes
- Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes at a Glance
- 26 chapters inspired by the most popular magazine features
- Chapters include some of the most cherished magazine features from over the years including: Mom Made it Best, Our Favorite Contributor’s Meals, Mealtime Express, Cooking for One or Two, Grand-Prize Winners, Potluck Picks
I really like this cookbook because of the sheer size and repertoire of recipes included, the fact that all recipes are well-tested and that they’re family favorites, and are made with readily accessible ingredients.
One lucky reader will win one copy of the new Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes Cookbook
Comment below to enter the giveaway.
1. What’s your favorite cookbook of all time and why do you love it so much? (links welcome)
What’s a family favorite recipe of yours that you make over and over? (links welcome)
2. For a second entry, Twitter Follow @AverieCooks and and then tweet the following:
Win the new Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes Cookbook in the @AverieCooks @TasteofHome Giveaway http://tiny.cc/84eujw
3. For extra entries and you must leave a separate comment for each (please don’t do these ‘just’ for the giveaway and then unsubscribe or unfollow immediately):
Subscribe to Email Updates from my blog (upper right hand corner of screen – enter your email address and confirm subscription)
Get the Averie Cooks RSS Feed
Pinterest Follow Taste of Home
Facebook Like Taste of Home
Twitter Follow Taste of Home
or post this Giveaway on your blog
Contest ends Sunday, September 2, 2012 and winner will be chosen randomly. Open to continental U.S. residents only. In full disclosure, I was given a copy of the cookbook but am not being paid to post a review or host the giveaway. My thoughts, opinions, and review are 100% my own.