This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are this week’s Thursday Things:
1. I rarely use my dehydrator anymore.
Aside from once a year dehydrating bananas…
Or making chocolate coconut kale chips once in a blue moon, it unfortunately collects dust. I just can’t plan 8 to 12 hours ahead of time.
So I use the oven because the only planning involved is the amount of time it takes to preheat.
2. Here are 10 Creative Uses for a Dehydrator in case you have one.
Or in case yours collects dust and you want to dust it off or stop using it as a place to store your unused cookie sheets and backup boxes of aluminum foil and parchment paper.
3. If you don’t have one, I’d buy something else with the 200 smackers instead.
Watch the KitchenAid refurbished store site because there are rotating deals, sometimes daily, that can be incredible on everything from stand mixers to food processors to toasters.
Or just enter this giveaway. You may get lucky and win one.
4. The same holds true for refurbished VitaMixes. Keep an eye on this site if you’re in the market for a Vita and want to be in the $300 range rather than the $500+ range.
Yes, this is a life-changing appliance and well worth the money.
5. New research suggests that popcorn has more antioxidants that fruits, vegetables, and is The Perfect Snack.
“Antioxidant substances called polyphenols are more concentrated in popcorn, which averages only about 4% water, while polyphenols are diluted in the 90% water that makes up many fruits and vegetables. Popcorn may be the perfect snack food. It’s the only snack that is 100% unprocessed whole grain. All other grains are processed and diluted with other ingredients, and although cereals are called ‘whole grain’, this simply means that over 51% of the weight of the product is whole grain. One serving of popcorn will provide more than 70% of the daily intake of whole grain. The average person only gets about half a serving of whole grains a day, and popcorn could fill that gap in a very pleasant way.”
6. I love popcorn and rarely a day goes by without 3 tablespoons of kernels into a brown paper lunch sack, folded over at the top, and microwaved for about 90 seconds.
Fast, easy, and makes my house smell like a movie theater, nightly.
7. Have you tried chocolate coconut oil (protein) popcorn?
The popcorn is tasty even if the pictures aren’t.
8. While I eat popcorn, I like to lay in bed and watch anything from Bravo that’s on my DVR.
Bethenny, Million Dollar Listing, Shahs of Sunset, Khloe and Lamar, the Real Housewives, your standard issue trashy tv lineup.
Crunching on popcorn, getting nutritional yeast that should stay on the popcorn all over my sheets, and watching mindless tv after Skylar’s asleep is about as good as it gets for me.
Ahh, the simple things are usually the best.
9. Homemade food could be thought of a simple thing and a good thing. California is preparing to legalize homemade food.
How do we feel about this?
10. I feel great about this type of homemade food.
What are your Thursday Things? Anything new, noteworthy, fun? Have you made anything delicious? (links welcome in the comments)
What do you think about homemade food, popcorn, trashy TV?
Talk to me.
P.S. Thank you for the entries in the KitchenAid 7-Quart Stand Mixer Giveaway. My inbox has never been so full.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.