Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links.
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins – Fast, EASY, one bowl, no mixer muffins!! You’d never guess they were vegan! Soft, fluffy, full of PEANUT BUTTER flavor, and LOADED with CHOCOLATE in every bite!!
I was never going to make these muffins but my daughter was so into these Skinny Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins that I posted a couple weeks ago that I just had to.
‘So into them’ translates as she ate the batch in 24 hours. With such a hit on my hands, I wanted to repeat them but with a peanut butter twist. I can never just re-make the same thing twice. Food blogger life.
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of those epic combinations and you won’t be able to resist warm, soft, fluffy muffins with rich peanut butter flavor and loaded with chocolate chips in every bite.
They’re fast, easy, made in one bowl without a mixer, and they were gone in 24 hours, too. Irresistible and you’d never guess they were made without eggs or butter because they’re so tender and moist.
I used mini chocolate chips because they distribute better without sinking compared to regular chocolate chips.
If you’re not vegan, use an egg for quickness and ease since you probably don’t keep egg replacer around. If you are vegan, use your favorite egg replacer. I used unsweetened almond milk but you can use your favorite milk.
I baked them in this muffin pan which is new for me and I really like it. Even though it’s a ‘regular 12-cup’ muffin pan, the cavities are more generous than my other muffin pan which is also a ‘regular 12-cup’ size. The same amount of batter yields either 12 or 10 muffins, respectively, based on which pan I use.
Just goes to show you with baking, there is so much variance which is why something as ‘simple’ as baking times are always just estimates and not written in stone.
- 1 large egg OR equivalent amount of egg replacer product to keep vegan (use your favorite brand)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk (or your favorite milk)
- heaping 1/4 cup peanut butter (See Notes and Tips below)
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top if desired
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pan; set aside. (I don’t prefer the cosmetic look of muffin liners).
- To a large bowl, add the egg, sugar, milk, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Divide batter equally among the cavities of the prepared pan. Each cavity will be about 3/4 full; don't fill past 3/4 full. Spraying a one-quarter cup measure with cooking spray so the batter slides right off is handy here.
- If desired, evenly sprinkle a generous pinch of chocolate chips to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs but no batter. All muffin pan sizes, how full you fill your pan, ovens, climates, etc. vary so bake until done given your variables and check on them early. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely. Muffins will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- I have only made the muffins using peanut butter like Jif or Skippy that doesn't separate and doesn't require stirring. I am not sure of the results if you use a natural peanut butter that's thin, oily, or separates; I personally wouldn't take the chance.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Skinny Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins – Fast, easy, one bowl, no mixer muffins that are on the skinnier side! Loaded with chocolate in every bite! Soft, fluffy, and deliciously decadent tasting!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins – Gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and under 100 calories each!
Vegan Mini-Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins – Fast, easy, no-mixer recipe for healthy muffins!! Soft, fluffy, and bet you can’t eat just one!
Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Blender Muffins (GF) – No refined sugar, flour, oil, and only 75 calories! They taste amazing!
Chocolate Banana Crinkle Muffins – Have ripe bananas to use? Make these easy, no mixer chocolate beauties! Best.muffin.tops.EVER!
Banana Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins – Soft, tender, studded with chocolate chips, and topped with streusel! Easy, no-mixer recipe! They could pass as dessert they’re so good!
Fluffy Vegan Coconut Oil Banana Muffins – Soft and fluffy healthier muffins that you’ll never believe are made without eggs or butter!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.