White Chocolate Christmas Blondies with Cream Cheese Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links.
White Chocolate Christmas Blondies with Cream Cheese Frosting – SOFT, buttery blondies loaded with white chocolate, sprinkles, and tangy cream cheese frosting!! EASY and perfect for Christmas parties and holiday events!!
For this holiday dessert that will put everyone in a festive holiday mood, I called upon my trusty blondie base.
When I want an easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, it’s my go-to. With 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 cup flour. And for this version there’s 1 cup of chocolate chips in the batter.
After baking, I topped the blondies with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting. If you’re in a rush before the holidays, and aren’t we all, feel free to cheat and use a store bought tub of frosting. No one will know the difference, promise.
The sprinkles on top and white chocolate chips throughout provide a lovely texture contrast to the soft, buttery bars.
The bars are perfect for Christmas and holiday parties or even for a last-minute cookie exchange when you need something much faster and easier than cookies. Another reason I love these blondies.
I have a video that shows you exactly how I made them.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- one 14-ounce tub store bought whipped cream cheese frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- about 1/2 white chocolate chips
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons red and green or holiday sprinkles
- Blondies – Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the white chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary. Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake. Blondies firm up as they cool. A toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting – Use store bought frosting OR to a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and beat to incorporate and until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly over bars.
- Evenly sprinkle the white chocolate chips and sprinkles before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days. I am comfortable storing frosted items at room temp but if you’re not, store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 0gSugar: 53gProtein: 6g
Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Sugar cookies in bar form with sprinkles baked in and on top! So much faster than making cookies and a great holiday baking shortcut!!
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&M’s and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Gingerbread bars are so much faster and easier than making gingerbread cookies! The sprinkles and tangy cream cheese frosting will put everyone in a festive mood!
Cinnamon Roll Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – All the flavor of cinnamon rolls, minus the work! Easy, super soft, chewy, and the frosting truly is the icing on the cake!
Iced Gingerbread Bars – Soft, chewy bars that are full of rich gingery molasses flavor! Way faster and easier than rolling out gingerbread cookies! No mixer, no fuss, and the sweet icing seals the deal!
White Chocolate-Topped Cinnamon Chip Cinnamon Bars – Easy bars bursting with tons of bold cinnamon flavor!
The Best Snickerdoodle Bars – They taste just like snickerdoodle cookies in fast and easy bar form! Soft, chewy, buttery…So irresistible!
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you’re looking for a new M&M cookie recipe, this is THE ONE! Soft, buttery, and irresistible!
Soft Frosted Holiday Sprinkles Cookies – Tender, buttery cookies topped with cream cheese frosting and loaded with sprinkles! Easy, no-roll holiday cookies that everyone goes crazy for!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.