Challenge: Favorite Shows
TGIF! How’s your day been going?
Time for Day 21 of the Challenge – Favorite Shows
1. Real Housewives. Love all of them except D.C. I just never really got into those ladies and the episodes sat and sat on my DVR and I deleted them because the Beverly Hills ladies and Atlanta ladies were on. I feel a “connection” to the O.C. housewives, probably because they are only an hour north of me. And the NYC housewives give me perspective on east coast/NYC life.
2. Millionaire Matchmaker. I loved her episodes from NYC, but am excited she’s going back to La-La land next.
3. Kendra. She’s a San Diego girl, too. She makes me laugh.
4. Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Again, feel a “connection” to them because of geographical proximity and as much as they do have a crazy family life, they all love each other so much and I love watching big families interact.
5. Survivor. I desperately wanted to be on Survivor and about 5 years ago they were in San Diego doing casting calls. But I was newly pregnant and couldn’t go. However, I lived in the jungle in Costa Rica for a month doing my first Yoga Teacher Training ten years ago. Monkeys were throwing sh*t at our huts, I lived on tropical fruit and very little else, the clean drinking water situation was iffy at best, and showers happened. Just not the frequently. So I feel like I could make it for a month on Survivor. And I am a jock and tough despite being girlie. I want to kick butt in the challenges!
7. Jackie Warner’s old show that got canceled, not her newer one. I loved watching how her trainers trained people and the drama-filled office politics.
8. Million Dollar Listing. Watching very young rich people make even more money by doing very little is strangely entertaining.
9. American Idol. But I don’t watch it or follow it closely anymore. But before Skylar was born, loved watching this. My faves were the massive auditions and open calls. Some of the people auditioning are seriously tone deaf. And brave. They must know they are going to get ripped to shreds yet they still subject themselves to it just for their 2 minutes of fame. Crazy!
10. As a catch all, most anything on Bravo, the E Channel, The Food Network, and reality shows in general will always be my go-to shows.
Other TV tidbits:
I hate commercials
I DVR everything and watching nothing live
I watch TV to escape and zone out for a few minutes. None of the shows I watch are intellectually stimulating. By design.
I watch less than 2 hours of TV per week.
If you missed my other Challenge Posts, so far there is:
Day 2 – Where I’d like to be in 10 years
Day 6 – 10 Facts
Day 26 – What kind of person attracts you
Weekend breakfast or snack idea: Biggie Microwave Banana Oat Cakes
1. What did you do today? What’s in store for your weekend?
I am working, I grocery shopped, cooked, did laundry, did food prep for the family, blogged, handled emails and phone calls. You know, I sat around watching hours and hours of TV shows while eating peeled grapes and bon-bons.
2. What Challenge Day should I do next?
3. Any shows “everyone” watches but you never watch?
This would be most any and all shows out there from Glee to Gossip Girl to the Emmy’s and Red Carpet to movies. If it wasn’t on the list above, I probably haven’t seen it!
4. What are your Favorite Shows?
Can’t wait to hear about these!