Hair Products I Use
I love trying new hair products. Every time I write about what I’ve been using and trying, I get so many questions about them so I decided to put many of my latest product finds and obsessions into one post.
I wrote extensively on my love for Enjoy here.
It’s sulfate free, gluten free, vegan and more.
But it’s a very “thin” shampoo and conditioner. It’s not rich and luxurious or overly moisturizing and recently I felt my hair was a little dry and could use more moisture.
Winter is to blame…
….as is hair color and highlights….
…and a Brazilian Blowout
For a drugstore shampoo and conditioner, it’s very good for all the reasons that I explained here.
3. Recently I bought the Enjoy Luxury Line of Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner. This is 100% luxurious shampoo and far from drugstore. If you don’t have dry hair or hair that needs an extra boost of moisture or TLC, I wouldn’t recommend this as it’s so thick and so moisturizing and gentle.
Super rich, decadent, thick, luxurious, lush, you only need a little bit to be satisfied.
Raw Vegan Cheesecake (Vegan, GF, easy, 10 minutes) anyone?
The Enjoy shampoo and conditioner also smells heavenly; like coconuts. I think the shampoo is better at being a great shampoo than the conditioner is as a conditioner, but they are both wonderful.
4. I love It’s a 10. I posted about it here, but it’s a leave-in detangler that is the best ever. A couple spritzes of this and you can comb through the worst tangles, knots, and snarls, effortlessly. It does not leave your hair gloppy or greasy, shiny, nor does it weigh fine hair down.
5. Another leave-in/detangler/treatment product is this Loreal Professional Absolut Repair
6. It’s a new-to-me product as of last week. Schwarzkopf Professional Repair Rescue. It’s a cream that you use to smooth down any frizzies or flyaways mid-hair shaft. You can put it on wet or dry hair and it seals the cuticle down and so if you have what looks like breakage or split ends, this will seal them down and it’s supposed to prevent future breakage and splitting and do as the name suggests: repair rescue.
If you don’t put chemicals on your hair, i.e. color, highlights, perms, straightening treatments, you probably don’t need this. But if you need it, and you know who you are, I love this stuff.
It smells great, is not greasy or gloppy, and does not add oil or really much shine, which is nice because anyone with split ends or breakage isn’t (or shouldn’t be) washing her hair daily anyway, so no one wants to add shine and grease to 2-3 day old unwashed hair. But you can still use this stuff and not feel like the Grease Police will come and arrest you.
7. Dry shampoo. I’ve never previously used any dry shampoos. This one works fine, given the limited amount of occasions that I’ve used it thus far. I’ve also heard the Frederic Fekkai is great, but much pricier.
It smells nice, and cuts some of the grease at the roots on day 3 of unwashed hair when I am trying to stretch washing my hair by 12-24 more hours but just need a little something to control the oil in places. Baby powder works for this, too.
So there you have it. The products I’ve been using lately and my reviews. Whew, that took awhile to get that all out there but hair is worth anything!
And thanks for chiming in with all your Brownie Recipes! Wow, great links and info. Thank you all so much! The event I am planning on making brownies for isn’t for a few weeks, but should I end up making some, or making some based on the comments you left, I will be sure to blog all about it.
1. What hair care products do you use and love?
Enlighten me and share. Someone may be reading and you can help them. Sharing is caring.
I also love this Kiehl’s Deep Conditioner that they call Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak. Simply amazing! Uber thick, gloppy, rich, and powerful. If you have uber dry hair and you don’t want to put mayonnaise or butter in it, this stuff rocks.
2. Any hair care products you’ve recently tried but would not recommend? Why?
I have tried so many duds over the years, I don’t know where to start!
3. Weekend plans? Easter plans?
I am working this weekend. And the Easter Bunny is coming and there will be a cute Easter basket given out, I know that!
Happy Easter & Passover to those celebrating! And Happy Earth Day, too!