Simple Sunday Things

Simple Sunday Things that make me happy:

1. My new iPhone case

I picked it up when I went to the mall

Previously, I had a plum-colored case on my iPhone but the white one is so much easier to see when my phone is buried in the depths of my purse.

Plus I just think the white is cool looking.  Something Swatch Watch and all 80s vibey to me.  I had quite the Swatch collection back in the day.

And I also applied a screen protector that’s white

I really wish that I could have gotten a white iPhone when I replaced mine after mine was stolen just a couple weeks after I originally bought it, but the white ones were not out yet.  By a week.  Darn!

I used my jelly bean picture as my home screen background

Because who doesn’t want to look at jelly beans every single time you check your phone?  Don’t answer this if you say you don’t.

2. Bombshell Summer that I picked up

Love.It.  If you like Bombshell, get the Summer Bombshell.  And if you don’t have either or have no idea what they smell like, you must try it.  Just trust me.

It’s one of those seasonal scents that they may or may not be keeping around.   <– Nothing like a little seaonally-induced buying pressure.

3. Mangoes

4. Skylar

5. The Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

That I made for the winner of the auction

I made a double batch.

For yours truly.

And now, I am off to run errand mania and continue packing and getting things set up on the homefront for Scott and Skylar while I’m gone on my trip!

1. What Simple Sunday Things (or any things) have made you happy?

I’ll also go with pretty flowers!

2. Any amazing (yet hopefully simple and cheap finds) for you lately?

P.S. I am guest posting on Angela of Oh She Glow’s site Please check out my post with my 5 favorite vegan recipes that I shared.  Angela is such a doll and a wonderful friend and I was excited when she asked me to guestie on her site.

P.P.S. Reminder to enter the Summertime Cooldown Giveaway if you haven’t already.

Enjoy your Sunday!

50 Responses to “Simple Sunday Things”

cathy — July 31, 2011 at 2:33 pm

glad you’re happy with your iphone case, averie! i am dying to get one for my bb like my friend has: it’s bejewelled in orange in fuschia sequins! argh – she got it in the U.S.!!! always the ‘case’ – haha!
    simply loving the sunshine and knocking off my around-the-home to do list.
    was so great to see your guest post on angela’s blog – it was a delightful read!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 31st, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I want a jeweled one too! But they are so HEAVY and bumpy and I dont need anything heavier in my purse. lol And I have pulled out a fair amount of hair with those rhinestones in the past so smooth is really better for me but jeweled is so pretty!

And I saw your sweet comment yesterday on Angela’s site…thank you!!! :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — July 31, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Simple Sunday for me was no makeup or hair fixing. Love that! I scored a package of portobellos yesterday for 1.49. That’s simply wonderful in my book ;-)

Snippets of Thyme — July 31, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Have a fun time at the Food and Light Show. I would LOVE to go on something like this. I went to the link and read about it. Wow…

Emily — July 31, 2011 at 3:28 pm

My 8.5 mile run/hike this morning was a good find! Roads, tracks, and treadmills can feel monotonous after a while so I was excited to hit some new trails!!
    After my run I went to the grocery store and grabbed a pint of chocolate almond milk ice cream on sale for $2.99! Definitely an awesome find!

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama — July 31, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Today was a monster cooking day and I loved it. Even though I am mega tired now.

Rebekah — July 31, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Mmmm…mangoes are SOOO good, especially when in season. By the way, I just tried your vanilla avocado banana ice cream recipe today and loved it! Thanks for sharing :)

Christine (The Raw Project) — July 31, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Nice case! I managed to break mine last weekend, nothing Superglue couldn’t fix. :-) Great list.

1. Spending time with family.
    2. Hiking I suppose, going out and taking in nature’s beauty for free. :-)

Baking N Books — July 31, 2011 at 4:02 pm

What’s the deal with the iphone? I am not tech-savvy at all ;)

Love the Skylar one! And – oh my gosh – those cookie dough photos are INCREDIBLE!! Are they newly taken? I dare anyone NOT to make them or want them after seeing those!

Leslie — July 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I just love that pictures of the mangoes! That is one of the best iphone photos I’ve seen! They seem to just pop off the page.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 31st, 2011 at 6:56 pm

thanks the orchids in this post were actually taken with an iphone too BUT!!! I edit them to add vibrancy, and exposure calibrations, so nothing you see is “as is”. It’s all had some (gentle) work done to it. But the image capture was on iphone.

Maris (In Good Taste) — July 31, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Skylar is always smiling and so happy. She brings a smile to my face!

Sarah@The Flying ONION — July 31, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I am in love with mangoes too! I just made the most yummy mango and black bean salad today (recipe to be posted tomorrow!) and I was just thinking about how summery they taste. :D

And I *love* the jelly bean picture! :mrgreen:

Lauren — July 31, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Love the new case. :) Hope you enjoyed your Sunday.

Elizabeth — July 31, 2011 at 5:48 pm

great guest post on Angela’s blog..I enjoyed reading it and copying down the yummy recipes.
    Oh how I wish I had a Vita so I could make that creamy, dreamy cashew butter!!! Some day.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 31st, 2011 at 6:57 pm

thanks for saying hi and you can do it in a food proc, just may not get as smooth but dont let equipment stop you. use a food proc!

Kat — July 31, 2011 at 5:48 pm

white is so snazzy! swatch watches, ah some great memories of those – I had so many back in the day!

katie @ KatieDid — July 31, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I love the flower picture, its so clear and vibrant! I had a glorious morning on the beach before I had to head home from my weekend trip. Being at the beach is the most simple form of happiness for me.

Jess@HealthyExposures — July 31, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I adore all of your instagram shots! And it looks like you’ve enjoyed a nice Sunday, too. As for your posts over the weekend – SO excited for your trip to Boulder!!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Simple things that have made me happy: taking a 3 hour nap on a Sunday, going out for lunch with some family members, finding the perfect cherries at Costco :)

I love your white case — I’ve thought about getting a different case for my Droid — only because reaching in for a black/gray case doesn’t work well — I’d see a white phone right away though!

Brooke — July 31, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Do you have a Pinkberry near you? Oh my – it’s just awesome! Yummy frozen yogurt with fresh fruit toppings…I’m addicted!

So that was my simple thing…an “original” frozen yogurt with fresh kiwi and fresh coconut…SO SO GOOD!

Brooke

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 31st, 2011 at 6:58 pm

yes there’s one about 6 blocks away. I pass it daily. I cannot do fro-yo. It gives me a horrible!!!! stomach ache :(

Sarah — July 31, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I need to make your cookie dough recipe. They look so good.

I also love your jelly bean background. Too cute!!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — July 31, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I feel the same way about my iPhone cover!! The purple just gets lost in my black purse. I almost bought a really adorable hot pink polka dotted one at the Apple store last weekend, but it was Kate Spade and $35…which I didn’t even realize until I fell in love with it. Figures, I have expensive taste!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 31st, 2011 at 7:47 pm

well don’t feel bad about $35 for a Kate Spade. The one I got was from one of those mall kiosks and he wanted $27.99 + tax. And the 1 screen protector was 10 bucks. I asked for a discount b/c it was just a lame kiosk and he gave me a whopping $4 off.

Chocolate Coated Runner — July 31, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I made your Vegan GF Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies today and they came out delicious! I never knew that brown sugar could have such a great caramel effect. Simple things that have made me happy include nice evening walks, my pet bunny, outdoor runs, canned soup, and laying out by the pool!

michelle — July 31, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Fun jellybean pictures! My home screen is the lake at the camp I volunteer at. It makes me happy because it’s beautiful but also reminds me what’s important!

My favorite recent find was a banana republic dress to wear in Vegas next week! I paid 34 dollars and it was originally 130!

Reeftraveler — July 31, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I’ve got to try the Bombshell Summer!

My simple Sunday (guilty) pleasure was French toast with caramel rum sauce. Yum!

Angela (veggievinyasa) — July 31, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Simple Sunday Things: browsing iTunes and creating a yoga playlist, taking a walk through the city and petting a dog

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — July 31, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Oh my goodness! Skylar is just the most adorable ever, but I am sure that you already know that. I love going to the farmers market on Sunday. Sure fire way to make me happy (:

Bria @ West of Persia — July 31, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Just wanted to pop up and say hi and that I’m so psyched you’re going to CO. You’ll love it there! We’ll miss each other by a few days, as I’m heading that way soon myself. Have a blast and ttys.

charlotte — July 31, 2011 at 8:52 pm

ohmygoodness I love jelly beans! And now I want some, lol. What simple thing made my day today? When I told Jelly Bean to get her pajamas on and she put one of her big brother’s huge shirts on. I love it when toddlers dress themselves – hilarious!

ashley @ cooking for john — July 31, 2011 at 9:29 pm

i really need to whip up another batch of those balls! hahaha! oh dear.

Marla — July 31, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Love those orchids….sweet post. Congrats on your new phone! I am a huge fan of white everything. The rest of my world is so bright I need relief sometimes ;) Will check out your post at Angela’s….

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 31st, 2011 at 11:34 pm

phone is the same but got a white case. that way when I am busy drinking coffee with you, I dont have to look too hard to find it. the white just POPS!

how i wish you were gonna be at F & L with me!!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — July 31, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Best start to my Sunday in a long time: getting up early to take a walk on the beach and watch the sun rise. It’s amazing how nature manages to be so simple yet so complex.

Kris | iheartwellness.com — July 31, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I love your simple posts!!! I picked up an Eggplant Purple case for my Blackberry yesterday and fell in love! My phone is white and with the purple it looks HAWT now :) Im crazy like this…I know ;)

I also loved the simple day I had today just relaxing at the park, eating healthy foods and getting some work done.

Have a fab night!
    xxoo

Hayley @ Oat Couture — July 31, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I love the white ones too! But they’re like 100 euros more expensive than the black ones?! Crazy! But, if i had the money I totally would! :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 31st, 2011 at 11:33 pm

didnt even know that but would have paid it anyway. It wasnt even out (boo!) by a week when i was replacing mine.

Stephanie — August 1, 2011 at 12:08 am

Mmm. I feel a little bit crazy for saying this but those mangoes look better to me than jelly beans. I’ve never really been a huge fan of jelly beans (though that picture is really pretty!), but I’ve always loved fruit more.

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — August 1, 2011 at 8:06 am

I love the simple stuff! This weekend was full of it, relaxing after my boyfriend defended his Master’s thesis. He deserved it! Lots of walking, some napping. It was awesome!

Amber K — August 1, 2011 at 9:20 am

Wow, I love the white/jellybean combo of your phone! Would definitely make finding it in a purse easier. My flip phone is black and tiny and I can never find that thing.

I loved hanging out with my niece and nephew, but my Sunday sweet was getting to spend the evening alone with my husband and being able to just chill for a little bit. The weekend definitely flew by!

Marissa @ Meeses Pieces — August 1, 2011 at 10:52 am

Your pictures are so beautiful. I’m in the process of investing in a really good camera. Any suggestions? I really enjoy your blog!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — August 1st, 2011 at 11:02 am

I have my camera info linked on my photography page

As well as all kinds of photography tips. It’s more about how to use the camera you have, practicing, and really working with food composition and styling more so than it is equipment. A great camera simply blows up all your mistakes (and good things!) in higher resolution and detail so it always comes back to other elements of photography too. Go read my posts…you will find some helpful info I bet!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I love the white iphone case!!! I always get my accessories in white – not sure why, just love the clean look I suppose.