Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
This post may contain affiliate links.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls taste just like real cookie dough, except they’re raw, vegan, gluten-free and healthy. They freeze wonderfully so consider making a double batch and stashing a dozen in the freezer for when your cookie dough cravings strike!
This recipe has me really excited!
If you like cookie dough as much as I do, I know you will love these little doughy balls.
The beauty of this recipe is that because they are vegan (and gluten free) so you don’t have to worry when eating raw cookie dough.
Well, the only worry is that these little cookie dough bites are good. A little too good. Ahem.
Tip: You can make them in batches and store extras in a tub in the freezer and take out a handful at a time.
Or don’t store them in the freezer...
And just go to town on them right away
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Take Oats & Cashews and get ready to Blend in your VitaMix
After you have your Oat-n-Cashew Flour…
…To it Add the Agave, Maple, & Vanilla Extract
Tip for Vita-Mix Users: You know you have “The Right Consistency” of Dough when the dough starts to ball up like a tennis ball and bangs around from side to side in the canister. I have learned this through trial and error and wanted to pass along my wisdom. Once you see The Ball (what I am talking about is in the above photo) start whipping around, Stop Blending. You have reached Perfect Dough Consistency Status.
Add the Chocolate Chips (or the Raw Chocolate Chips like I told you how to make)
Either Stir them in By Hand, of a 5 Second Blend in the VitaCookie (or Food Processor)
Transfer Dough Blob to plate or working surface. Tip: If for some reason your dough was too sticky, gummy, runny, or unworkable, refrigerate for a half hour and you should be back in business.
Roll Into Cute Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls. I yielded 17 Balls from this Recipe. Clearly, not an exact science but that’s what I got.
The Pretty Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
Pretty is nice. But they are freakin’ amazing. I am not just saying that, either.
Add a dusting of cocoa powder, carob powder, or powdered sugar to the finished balls
Roll in raw cocoa nibs or shredded coconut
Rather than adding in chocolate chips, add raisins instead and add a dash of cinnamon to the batter for Oatmeal-Cinnamon-Raisin Raw Cookie Dough Balls
Flatten or mold into larger cookie shapes
Dehydrate for a more “cooked tasting” version of a chocolate chip cookie. But gawd I love the raw dough taste so this is out for me!
Now I wanted to touch on about why this may be one of my best dessert recipes ever! For me, a recipe has to encompass many things if I am going to actually make it and then continue making it as it becomes a go-to favorite.
Some of those recipe elements include:
1. Easy. The less steps the better.
2. Time Involved. If I cannot make the entire thing from walking into my pantry to grab the dry goods to the last dish is dried and put away 30 minutes later then I am probably not going to make it. I have a life outside of the kitch, too.
3. One appliance. For me, this is my Vita-Mix. For you, it may be your food processor. Dehydrated food is lovely, but it can be a lonnnnng wait and too much advance planning. And also the amount of dishes involved factors in here too. If you need a whisk, spoon, spatula, mixer beaters, Vita canisters, dehydrator screens, 7 bowls, forget it. One Appliance Please.
4. Very simple and short ingredient list. Nothing exotic. Nothing too expensive to deplete your savings account.
5. Taste. Must be excellent and if it’s a raw approximation of Something Else, it’s gotta taste like the Something Else it’s trying to be otherwise why bother. Just eat the Something Else or skip it entirely. Unless I can make a raw approximation that is spot-on in the flavor department, I’d rather just not have it.
These Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls have all of items 1 through 5. And using the above as my criteria, the cookie dough balls are in company with these other Raw Vegan Desserts I have created that also encompass items 1 through 5:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.