Love It or Leave It
Time for a little game of Love It or Leave It
I’ll start with my Leave It’s:
1. Rainy Weather. I live in San Diego for a reason: It’s usually sunny! I would love 78F and sunny year round, and no, I wouldn’t miss the change of seasons. The past 36 hours we’ve had cold, rainy, dreary weather. The kind of weather that I could see my breath when I was running outside. One singular day of that kind of weather is all the “season changing” I need.
Let’s get back to the regularly scheduled programming of this, please.
2. Celery. It overpowers everything. I’ve tried to juice with celery and it makes everything taste like I’m drinking celery. It’s so pungent and strong for my tastes.
The only way I can sort of tolerate it raw is ants on a log style doused in peanut butter and with raisins. But just plain celery sticks, leave it. Not to mention the stringy nature. Nope, not for me.
3. Tailgating. Annoying and it can be dangerous when it’s raining. Follow closely is different than tailgating (I think most of California follows closely). But I reserve the word tailgaiting for those drivers who could probably read your VIN number or tell if you have a zit they’re so up your trunk.
4. Garlic. No, I hate it. Same with celery; it overpowers everything. I am somewhat intolerant to it, also. I get itchy, rashy, and nauseous from it.
5. Whistling. Leave it goes to whistling. Or humming. Or loud chewing sounds.
1. Coffee. Love it and it tastes even better when it’s cold and dreary out.
And it tastes even better yet when it’s a weekend morning and it’s cold and dreary out. Full permission to go into coffee overload mode given those circumstances. Jitters and all.
Time to make (another) one of these
2. Reality TV. Some of my favorite shows are reality tv. Okay, most anything I watch is reality tv or the Food Network. The Real Housewives, Kendra, The Kardashians, Top Chef, Millionaire Matchmaker. Bravo and the E! Channel are my go-to stations. Trashy, mindless tv is fine in my book. And when I feel like learning something, I tune into some Alton Brown or watch Ina use a pound of butter in something.
3. Marshmallows. Love them.
Especially in Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Marshmallow Stuffed Rice Krispie Bars (No Bake)
4. Massages. Love them. I’d love one right now. Nothing beats a massage for me. Back, feet, shoulders, neck, head and scalp, hands, legs, whatever. I love feeling like Jello afterwards and all blissed out. Ahhh.
5. Pumpkin. I wasn’t a huge lover of it until recently. I always liked it; this past fall I’ve fallen into pumpkin love.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars (Vegan, GF)
What are your Love It’s or Leave It’s?
Agree (or not) with any of mine?
P.S. Thanks for the Cookbook Giveaway Entries
Have a great weekend!